Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Jeremiah Tilmon visiting the Illini today.

What do people know about Tilmon? I have heard a number of concerning things about his character. Unless he matures considerably (hopefully Tony Young can have a positive impact on him), I think he may be a highly rated local kid I won't be upset to see leave town.

What do people know about Tilmon? I have heard a number of concerning things about his character. Unless he matures considerably (hopefully Tony Young can have a positive impact on him), I think he may be a highly rated local kid I won't be upset to see leave town.

He's just 15. I don't know anything about him personally, just seen him play. He seems to be ranked high on his potential. I've never seen him dominate at the HS level.

He's just 15; going to be a sophomore next year. I wouldn't label him anything, good or bad, at this point.

On the court, I am sure he will dominate at the high school level. Too big and talented not to.

I heard he went to East St. Louis with expectations of not having to go to class and some other negative things about him character wise. With a number of their top athletes having eligibility and character issues in the past, you would have to have similar concerns with him. He will be recruited by the top programs in the country regardless. Just my thoughts, but he is a local kid I would be fine missing on.

On the court, I am sure he will dominate at the high school level. Too big and talented not to.

I heard he went to East St. Louis with expectations of not having to go to class and some other negative things about him character wise. With a number of their top athletes having eligibility and character issues in the past, you would have to have similar concerns with him. He will be recruited by the top programs in the country regardless. Just my thoughts, but he is a local kid I would be fine missing on.

Its a crapshoot getting eligible to play D-1 ball going to HS at Eastside. It can be done but its extremely difficult. Tilmon has been highly ranked since he stepped foot on campus there. I don't know why anyone would choose to go to East if they didn't have to though. Young is a good coach but there are better programs just down a few minutes away.

Tilmon has already been offered by several BCS schools. After looking around I've heard no character issues about him though.

Really? You must not have looked too hard. At the very least it should be assumed there were some issues based on him being suspended during the season by Tony Young.

At the time I thought that was more about his effort on the court than in anything he was doing off of it. He was always in the doghouse, he wasn't in shape enough to play a ton of minutes.

Young is very much a disciplinarian. I believe Tilmon wouldn't be on the team if he had serious off the court issues.

• 1 month later...

Bump. I hope to update this list over the weekend.

Offers: Yess

Interest (potential): Porter, Goodwin, Tilmon, Warren-Hogue, Crawford, Gilbert, Duncan, Frederking, McKissic, Nash, Smith, Wilson, Spence, Stockard, Farris.

Make any necessary additions/subtractions you guys see fit and I'll put their profiles together.

Is a 2018 thread necessary yet, or wait until spring?

Is a 2018 thread necessary yet, or wait until spring?

Not sure if this is a joke or not. I don't think 2018 is necessary yet. 2018 would be HS freshman who have barely played at the HS level yet if at all. I think we started the 2016 recruiting thread so early mainly because of Tatum. Unless 2018 has a potential lottery pick that is closely connected to SLU, I think it can wait til spring.

Not a joke. This 2017 thread was started one year ago next week. Some thought it was too early, but there is an ever-increasing amount of information available on freshman recruits, and there are quite a few area kids playing at the varsity level and already on college radars. I don't care either way - if anything, it gives me one more class to keep up with - but I understand if there's enough interest.

Brad Soderberg offered Tyler Griffey before he ever played a minute of HS ball. Just saying.

Not a joke. This 2017 thread was started one year ago next week. Some thought it was too early, but there is an ever-increasing amount of information available on freshman recruits, and there are quite a few area kids playing at the varsity level and already on college radars. I don't care either way - if anything, it gives me one more class to keep up with - but I understand if there's enough interest.

Brad Soderberg offered Tyler Griffey before he ever played a minute of HS ball. Just saying.

-not too early, i agree,this info might help decide what hs game to attend

-THANKS Pistol

*Note: This list is very much in progress. I have a 'prospects' list (see above) but am trying to develop a legitimate Interest list. Any info on these or other names is greatly appreciated.

2017 Offer List

Wyatt Yess: Parkway West, Ballwin, MO – F: 6-7, 195. Offers: SLU. Interest: Tennessee, several others. Latest (11/23): Jim Crews attended Yess' football game a couple months ago; he plays TE. Previous: Yess only has an offer from SLU at this point but has received interest from Tennessee and several others. He played in a tournament at Indiana and in a January 2014 interview called it his "dream school." Profile: ESPN calls Yess an effective and aggressive inside player. He scores off the dribble and from the block and draws fouls. He's a good rebounder and solid position defender. He's listed on recruiting sites as a SF but played in the middle for Parkway West last season. Twitter: @WyattYess

2017 Interest List

Jordan Goodwin: Althoff, Belleville, IL - SG: 6-3, 180. Offers: None. Interest: SLU, Illinois. Latest (11/23): Goodwin is on the radar of SLU and many other programs. Profile: Goodwin plays for the St. Louis Eagles in AAU ball and was Althoff's stud scorer as a freshman, scoring 25 in his first HS game. He scores at the rim with strength against competition his age. Very strong and athletic. Althoff coach Greg Leib says he's the most talented player he's coached since Kevin Lisch. Twitter: @jGoodwin1123
Michael Porter: Tolton, Columbia, MO - F: 6-9, 190. Offers: Mizzou, Kansas, Iowa, Indiana, Washington, SMU. Interest: SLU, Duke, Kansas State, Iowa State. Latest (11/23): Porter attended a Mizzou game with his sisters; the student section was chanting his name at one point. Previous: Porter is now ranked #5 nationally in the class of 2017 by ESPN. Duke is "coming on strong." Profile: Porter is drawing comparisons to 2016 prospect Jayson Tatum in the way he makes everything look easy and smooth. He has a combination of size, length, and skill that is exceedingly rare for this stage. He's a strong scorer who can shoot from distance and score in traffic. His dad is an assistant coach for Mizzou's women's team and both of his sisters go there.
Alec Spence: MICDS, St. Louis, MO - F: 6-3, 170. Offers: None. Interest: TBD. Profile: Spence is an athletic wing who scores in a variety of ways and has a strong frame. He's a smart player who rebounds his position well.
Levi Stockard: Madison Prep, St. Louis, MO - F/C: 6-8, 200. Offers: Illinois State. Interest: SLU. Profile: Stockard has been a load in the paint at an early age in his career, although he did slim down and grow an inch or two between his freshman and sophomore seasons. He catches and finishes well around the rim and can score the ball with his back to the basket. He's also a very good football player. Twitter: @LeviStockard
Jeremiah Tilmon: East St. Louis, East St. Louis, IL - C: 6-10, 220. Offers: Illinois, Kansas State. Interest: SLU, Mizzou, Kentucky, Kansas, Indiana. Latest (11/23): Tilmon attended SLU's exhibition game. He visited Illinois in mid-October. Previous: Tilmon has been rated nationally #5 by Scout, #11 by Rivals, and #13 by ESPN for the class of 2017. Profile: A true big man, Tilmon can handle it, pass, finish with both hands. He has good skills and coordination for his age, as well as over a 7-foot wingspan. His coach is trying to develop him as a back-to-the-basket post player, which hasn't been his style so far, before developing his game outward from there.

• 3 months later...

SLUH sophomore guard Brandon McKissic has sat behind the SLU bench the past few games and is receiving some early interest from the Billikens. He played alongside Jordan Goodwin and Noah Frederking with the Eagles 15U team that had a lot of success last summer.

Is Wyatt Yess another Manning, Gillmann, Jolly, Tyler Griffey or Brad Thompson or is he potentially a high D1 player? His sister was a good high school player and I'm hoping he will be as good a D1 player as she was a high school player. If we are recruiting him I hope he's not a project.

Is Wyatt Yess another Manning, Gillmann, Jolly, Tyler Griffey or Brad Thompson or is he potentially a high D1 player? His sister was a good high school player and I'm hoping he will be as good a D1 player as she was a high school player. If we are recruiting him I hope he's not a project.

Is that the Pkwy West kid?