Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

6 hours ago, White Pelican said:

Looks like it's been more than two robbery charges. We have enough crime in this town. Let someone else "reform" him.

How is a guy who is 7'1" dumb enough to be a purse snatcher? I'm sure the old lady he snatched the marble rye from just said "it's a 7 foot tall black guy" and the Miami police rounded up him and Hassan Whiteside. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

How is a guy who is 7'1" dumb enough to be a purse snatcher? I'm sure the old lady he snatched the marble rye from just said "it's a 7 foot tall black guy" and the Miami police rounded up him and Hassan Whiteside. 

It reminds me of the Dayton players who were robbing dorm rooms while students would step out to go to the bathroom. They were even doing it in team-issued gear. Knuckleheads.

8 hours ago, The Wiz said:

On the B12 ranking....A+..... have them easily as the best conference...here is why...

A+....WVU KS, Bay  ISU......with WVU as the #1 team..I have had them number 1 all season

A.....OSU, TCU, TTU, KSU

B+....TX OK

Remember if you are a full grade away from the conference grade,,,you are not competitive...imagine having a B+ and not being competitive.

For some perspective...TX and OK, the B12 bottom feeders, would be 3rd and 4th in the A-10....any of the rest of the B-12 teams would be #1 in the A-10.  The B-12 is one strong conference

Thank you Wiz I always appreciate your numbers and knowledge.

I am surprised to see OSU with an A being 0-5 in the conference, in The Wiz I trust.

1 hour ago, JMM28 said:

Love the marble rye reference.

13 hours ago, NathanVC said:

Hello! Just a heads up, Tray Hollowell does not hold any offers. None of those schools that are listed have offers for him.

I don't think this is correct. He tweeted a while back when he got an offer from SLU and from EKU. Not sure about the other schools. 

1 hour ago, rgbilliken said:

I don't think this is correct. He tweeted a while back when he got an offer from SLU and from EKU. Not sure about the other schools. 

Was told in December that neither SLU nor EKU had an offer on the table for Hollowell.

It started when it was tweeted he received a Boise State offer. Proved that was false really quick.

Went through all the offers we had listed for him on Verbal Commits, and all came back as not true.

On December 11th, I was told EKU did not have an offer for him. They filled their spots.

8 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Fabricating offers on Twitter.  Seems like a good kid.  

They may have been legit offers at the time he tweeted them. The tweets are from April.

I heard that he has academic issues, which would explain why some of the offers may have been pulled. We had at least six or seven offers listed on his VC page and I confirmed all of them were no longer on the table.

1 hour ago, SLU_Nick said:

Fabricating offers on Twitter.  Seems like a good kid.  

As Nathan said, the offers may have legit when he tweeted about them, but eventually got revoked for whatever reason. Keep in mind that at the moment, we don't have any open scholarships.

Anyway, even if the offers were fake, it pales in comparison to the kid several years ago in football who announced he was committing to Cal, with the whole public ceremony where he put on the hat and everything. The only problem was Cal wasn't recruiting him. He made the whole thing up.

1 hour ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

As Nathan said, the offers may have legit when he tweeted about them, but eventually got revoked for whatever reason. Keep in mind that at the moment, we don't have any open scholarships.

Anyway, even if the offers were fake, it pales in comparison to the kid several years ago in football who announced he was committing to Cal, with the whole public ceremony where he put on the hat and everything. The only problem was Cal wasn't recruiting him. He made the whole thing up.

Didnt know about this, so I looked it up.  

Cringe and sad does not even begin to describe it...

http://www.espn.com/espn/eticket/story?page=kevinhart

1 hour ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I remember when that happened! So bizarre.

It happens to grown men as well. I knew of somebody that got fired at age 62 and continued the daily routine of going out to work every day (he went to the library I believe) so that his wife would not know he had been fired. It is something that should elicit pity for those that do these kinds of things, they just do not have what it takes to accept facts as they are.

3 minutes ago, hoppybeer said:

I'm sure that was a tough decision, but I'm glad he's taking care of it now. I guess he can't access the SLU training staff until he enrolls this summer?

no don think so. plus hes like 3 points from the school record, which is why I think hes calling it quits after the game

7 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Per Twitter, tonight is Goodwin's last game as he has surgery Friday 

the story I heard this morning (not a real good source, so probably at least 3rd hand) he wanted to pass lisch on the all time scoring list for althoff before having the surgery.   which he is only 9 points away from that, and then have the surgery.    so maybe the Friday surgery is true. 

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

no don think so. plus hes like 3 points from the school record, which is why I think hes calling it quits after the game

Go out in style. Get the school record and have all the girls fawn over you because of the surgery at the same time. Oh to be in high school again