Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Western Kentucky also added another Guard putting them -1 in scholarships. Not known where Pickett can go from here 

Pickett is on record as saying " I'm going to wait 'til the midnight hour."  We should all just chill until then. ?

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Dwight Coleby who announced he is transferring from Kansas is a guy that would interest me.  Didn't do anything at KU last season but but up decent numbers in limited minutes at Ole Miss two seasons ago.

For sure.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Dwight Coleby who announced he is transferring from Kansas is a guy that would interest me.  Didn't do anything at KU last season but put up decent numbers in limited minutes at Ole Miss two seasons ago.

he had 12 points against Texas, didnt Texas have one of the best centers too?

Has scored double digits against:

Florida(twice)

Oregon

Arkansas 

LSU

Texas..

figured his big games were going to be against the weaker ooc

For those of us who don't follow KU very closely, I looked up Coleby.  He is 6'9" 240 lb, listed as a  F.  He was Academic All Big 12 last season.  Played in 24 games, 5.6 mpg, 1.7 ppg, 17 of 30 from the field, 7 of 18 from the FT (ouch), 1.8 boards per game, and 0.5 blocks per.  Numbers are similar, but somewhat superior to the dude from Seton Hall that is visiting.

He is a GT, eligible next season.  His next U will be his third.  He started at Ole Miss, transferred to KU, and now out as a GT.  [This is a growing trend, three universities in 5 years.  Don't be surprised if it happens at SLU some year.]

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

For those of us who don't follow KU very closely, I looked up Coleby.  He is 6'9" 240 lb, listed as a  F.  He was Academic All Big 12 last season.  Played in 24 games, 5.6 mpg, 1.7 ppg, 17 of 30 from the field, 7 of 18 from the FT (ouch), 1.8 boards per game, and 0.5 blocks per.  Numbers are similar, but somewhat superior to the dude from Seton Hall that is visiting.

He is a GT, eligible next season.  His next U will be his third.  He started at Ole Miss, transferred to KU, and now out as a GT.  [This is a growing trend, three universities in 5 years.  Don't be surprised if it happens at SLU some year.]

Thank you for the information HP.

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

he had 12 points against Texas, didnt Texas have one of the best centers too?

Has scored double digits against:

Florida(twice)

Oregon

Arkansas 

LSU

Texas..

figured his big games were going to be against the weaker ooc

The Longhorns had Jarrett Allen who was really one of the few highlights last season.  He was really good should be top 12 in draft. Shaka learned he needs a PG cause they were mostly terrible.  4 star Matt Coleman on the way.  

This KU C probably has a lot of options. If we land him it'd be a major coup.

55 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

Is there any indication we are after Coleby?

No, I just saw that he was transferring this morning and I remembered him from a game between LSU and Ole Miss.  He was the only guy on that Ole Miss team that was effective against Mickey and Martin. I know we are still looking for bigs and this guy has played the 4 and the 5 in the past.  

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Chris Duarte to Western Kentucky.  Dayton gets another big in 2-star power forward  6'9" Obadiah Toppin

Obadiah Toppin is going to be my favorite non-Billiken--potentially forever.