Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

11 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Ha. Thanks. Shows what I know. To be fair - in an earlier thread I did mention that I may be full of sh!t. 

No big deal. I may have forgotten some others he was wrong about, but he seems to be pretty well connected with Ford's staff.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

What is going on with Pickett? 

Very little, from what I can tell. He was waiting on more offers to come in, but it's been almost silent for two weeks now.

Nothing new for Hughes, either.

Signing deadline is May 17th.

28 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Pickett and Tilmon become our next two scholarships and we focus on 2019. We will be stacked and at Big 10 or BEast level of talent

id be pleasantly surprised

Would take Tilmon.  Hopefully he is just a nice young man with tons of talent with some parents and other folks trying to use him.  And hopefully he just needs to get away to college with the right direction from a wonderful coaching staff.  Go for it SLU B-ball Staff.

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

Would take Tilmon.  Hopefully he is just a nice young man with tons of talent with some parents and other folks trying to use him.  And hopefully he just needs to get away to college with the right direction from a wonderful coaching staff.  Go for it SLU B-ball Staff.

If this is true then he needs to be as far away from StL as he can get.

39 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

If this is true then he needs to be as far away from StL as he can get.

If he wants to get away from parents and other influences, then yes he should go away from home as far as he can, certainly not to SLU.

12 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

Nope.

11 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

So we should know something on Tilmon within the next few days?

I doubt the deadline means much. The deadline is for a player to sign a binding LOI, but they can still sign a financial aid agreement and get the same effect without being bound to the school. If anything, maybe Tilmon is waiting until after May 17 to make a decision. 

Just now, kshoe said:

I doubt the deadline means anything. The deadline is for a player to sign a binding LOI, but they can still sign a financial aid agreement and get the same effect without being bound to the school. If anything, maybe Tilmon is waiting until after May 17 to make a decision. 

+1. The deadline does not mean much.

So, Gillman stepped away, Neufeld transferred, Welmer may still be injured to start the season, Santos is sitting a season, Whaley went to UConn.  If Tillmon doesn't sign with us, who plays the 5 to start next season?  Also, who's our tallest guy left?

If we don't sign another post player for this class and if Wilmer and Forman are not up to speed, we will be small but athletic and lack depth.   With French 6'7, Johnson 6'6 and Bell 6'5.  It would petty much be a 4 guard team with Goodwin or roby occasionally playing the 4.

We do not know yet who will or will not be able to play at the beginning of the season. Give it time, we may well have a full team. Oh, and by the way please remember that Goodwin had shoulder surgery before the end of this season.

5 hours ago, kshoe said:

I doubt the deadline means much. The deadline is for a player to sign a binding LOI, but they can still sign a financial aid agreement and get the same effect without being bound to the school. If anything, maybe Tilmon is waiting until after May 17 to make a decision. 

5 hours ago, For-DaLove said:

+1. The deadline does not mean much.

Players that have been released from a letter of intent cannot sign another LOI, but a financial-aid agreement.  For Tilmon and Pickett, there is no deadline.

36 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Players that have been released from a letter of intent cannot sign another LOI, but a financial-aid agreement.  For Tilmon and Pickett, there is no deadline.

Your response peaked my interest in this NLI topic. I went to the NLI website, and here is what they say on signing a second NLI.

If NLI is declared null and void or a complete release is granted, a prospective student-athlete is not permitted to sign another NLI until the next signing year.

So yes, Timon and Pickett cannot sign another NLI this year, but could next year.  I guess that would play if one or both went Prep School or JUCO, which makes sense. 

48 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Your response peaked my interest in this NLI topic. I went to the NLI website, and here is what they say on signing a second NLI.

If NLI is declared null and void or a complete release is granted, a prospective student-athlete is not permitted to sign another NLI until the next signing year.

So yes, Timon and Pickett cannot sign another NLI this year, but could next year.  I guess that would play if one or both went Prep School or JUCO, which makes sense. 

going JUCO when you're a 4* is pretty humiliating, esp when you were on a P5 program

18 hours ago, Aquinas said:

If we don't sign another post player for this class and if Wilmer and Forman are not up to speed, we will be small but athletic and lack depth.   With French 6'7, Johnson 6'6 and Bell 6'5.  It would petty much be a 4 guard team with Goodwin or roby occasionally playing the 4.

Hope you like zone defense