Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can make a case for any of the above arguments.   Damian Lillard, CJ McCollum, Steph Curry came from small schools but they all played for four years.  Westbrook and Durant didn't have great tournament success.  If you are going to college and planning on leaving after one year most kids srrm to be either staying close to home or going to a high major.  Ben Simmons was the "man" on his team and his season didn't end to well.  It didn't harm him tho because he was the best player in that draft. Let's take Duke for example...if Coach K and his whole coaching staff showed up at your door i would gather it would be hard to say no.  The knowledge he has gained from coaching and picking the brains of the top Olympic players is invaluable.  Add to that the tradition of the school and the national spotlight. Most one and done players aren't looking to just make the tournament they want to have a chance to win it.  It's no different from the high level talent coming out of Chaminade.  They didn't get a kid from Croatia and one from Canada because of their high academic standings.  They, just like Jericho and Karrington are trying to follow in the tradition of Lee, Beal, Tatum.  

roby is from Memphis.   I am sure he is used to some inland water overflow

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Interesting that his twitter handle is lilbill and littlebill is posting in this thread. I'm just connecting the dots here but could littlebill be Roby? Makes you go hmmm

is he giving up his jersey number?

9 hours ago, bauman said:

Not saying he made a mistake, just that going to a Duke/NC or KY doesn't mean you are going to have your name on a championship banner hanging in the arena of one of those schools.

No, but it significantly increases your chances of having your name on a banner if you choose to go to Duke, UNC, or Kentucky.

10 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

No, but it significantly increases your chances of having your name on a banner if you choose to go to Duke, UNC, or Kentucky.

I have never seen a banner hanging with all the team member's names listed when they won the National Championship - do you actually know of one?

10 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

I missed where you posted about Roby graduating this year.  Feel free to link me to the post. 

I was mocked and told it was nearly impossible to do with the demands of collegiate athletics and travel. We were initially talking about Gillman leaving the program to focus on academics, when he if all people was smart enough to handle both. 

From January http://www.sportinglifearkansas.com/mladen-armus-draws-recruiting-attention-hogs-red-wolves/

Mladen Armus is a 6-9 power forward / center who is big, strong, and knows how to use his frame to clear out space inside for rebounds and scoring opportunities. Not a leaper, but moves well laterally and is active. He’s also skilled enough to play facing the basket, and shows good vision passing down low from the high post and passing to cutters when he is posted down low.

Armus, who arrived to SCA in August by way of Serbia, seems to be acclimating to his teammates and Baker’s system well, and has gone on a recent run of putting up double-doubles as the Lions have played strong competition through 6 games in the TCAL.

After his Lions defeated the Little Rock Flames, 91-50, on Monday to move to 23-1 on the season, Armus talked about his recruitment when asked which teams were showing the most interest. ”Razorbacks, Arkansas State, Creighton, and Missouri,” he said. “That’s it for now.”

3 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I was mocked and told it was nearly impossible to do with the demands of collegiate athletics and travel. We were initially talking about Gillman leaving the program to focus on academics, when he if all people was smart enough to handle both. 

Cool story.  But you didn't bring up the fact that Roby was graduating, which was the point of my post.  

2 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

From January http://www.sportinglifearkansas.com/mladen-armus-draws-recruiting-attention-hogs-red-wolves/

Mladen Armus is a 6-9 power forward / center who is big, strong, and knows how to use his frame to clear out space inside for rebounds and scoring opportunities. Not a leaper, but moves well laterally and is active. He’s also skilled enough to play facing the basket, and shows good vision passing down low from the high post and passing to cutters when he is posted down low.

Armus, who arrived to SCA in August by way of Serbia, seems to be acclimating to his teammates and Baker’s system well, and has gone on a recent run of putting up double-doubles as the Lions have played strong competition through 6 games in the TCAL.

After his Lions defeated the Little Rock Flames, 91-50, on Monday to move to 23-1 on the season, Armus talked about his recruitment when asked which teams were showing the most interest. ”Razorbacks, Arkansas State, Creighton, and Missouri,” he said. “That’s it for now.”

Earthbound 6-9 players who can post up strong, rebound and shoot 15 footers are not priorities for P5 teams but they do well very in this conference.  I prefer rolling this scholarship over to 2018 but these kind of players are very hard to find.  When you have a chance to get one you have to go for it.