Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

14 minutes ago, Billiken Bob said:

Everyone is making a pretty big mistake in assuming that Travis has offered Javon Pickett a scholarship.  What if he thinks that the young man would have trouble getting minutes this coming year and what if Travis felt that  there were 5 or so local high school seniors to be that could be better than him.  Why would you use the scholarship on him and pass on one of the current juniors.  When it happens that Javon commits to another school please no hand wringing about us losing him to whomever, when we never even offered him.

What?  It was reported by Scott Burgess and Earl Austin Jr that he was offered by SLU. Frank, who is close to Travis has talked about SLU being in good standing getting him.  He has an offer from SLU.  

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This current NLI period ends on May 17.  So there is still 2+ weeks in the NLI process for Ford to complete next season's roster.  After the NLI period is over, players can still sign financial aid packages with a university, but they aren't bound in the same way that they are under a NLI.

24 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

247sports predicts that Isaiah Whaley will commit to SLU. If Whaley commits for 2017, what does that do to SLU's scholarship availability for 2017 and 2018?

615, you asked basically the same question a week ago in the 2018 thread and I answered it on April 22 on page 81 of that thread.  Perhaps you missed the reply, but you should be able to just plug Whaley (or anyone else) into that answer and know where we stand with a Whaley commitment.  Of course any future program departures could impact the situation.

Bauman, read your reply to 615 and it is very clear to me, maybe not to him. Sometimes you have to specifically direct a post to someone before they pay attention to what you are saying to them. 615 may require this kind of a "hey you" type of notification.

6 hours ago, bauman said:

615, you asked basically the same question a week ago in the 2018 thread and I answered it on April 22 on page 81 of that thread.  Perhaps you missed the reply, but you should be able to just plug Whaley (or anyone else) into that answer and know where we stand with a Whaley commitment.  Of course any future program departures could impact the situation.

23 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Bauman, read your reply to 615 and it is very clear to me, maybe not to him. Sometimes you have to specifically direct a post to someone before they pay attention to what you are saying to them. 615 may require this kind of a "hey you" type of notification.

Just checked. I missed the reply. I apologize...OI was not aware this was such a sin around here.

59 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

It's not a sin, Bauman likes being an A-Hole. 

Really valid contribution to the Board.  Here's some info for you since you apparently can't comprehend basic English. (Sorry, that was horse$h!+)  My reply was not intended to be anything but helpful to 615, pointing him in the direction of an answer to his question, since I didn't want to retype it!  It seems like the "how many scholarships do we have open for either 2017 or 2018" is a question that seems to come up somewhat frequently, which is the reason why I spent some time checking the situation before trying to post it in a clear, easily understandable way. 

I suggest you just use the Board ignore function for me and it might make your life better!

5 minutes ago, bauman said:

Really valid contribution to the Board.  Here's some info for you since you apparently can't comprehend basic English. (Sorry, that was horse$h!+)  My reply was not intended to be anything but helpful to 615, pointing him in the direction of an answer to his question, since I didn't want to retype it!  It seems like the "how many scholarships do we have open for either 2017 or 2018" is a question that seems to come up somewhat frequently, which is the reason why I spent some time checking the situation before trying to post it in a clear, easily understandable way. 

I suggest you just use the Board ignore function for me and it might make your life better!

Sorry, I don't need your advice. You were trying to be a smart ass, and succeeded. You, just recently called me a liar when I mentioned that Coach Ford was excited about Elliott Welmer's potential. I guess you were just trying to be helpful then as well. 

Now, let me give you some advice. Learn to respect other's and you will be respected back. 

47 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Just googled him. Decommitted from SIU and is doing a year of prep school. Apparently had a huge showing this weekend that has HM's interested. Here he is doing a 360 dunk. I'm sold. :lol::lol:

Edit: I guess this should be in 2018 recruiting thread?

One of the benefits of the staff scouting a bunch of players on different teams is that a kid you haven't necessarily targeted breaks out.   Jacobs had a strong senior season at Chicago Uplift but the 20 ppg he put up this weekend came out of nowhere.  Hell of a weekend for him. At 6'3 165lb I wonder what kind of P5 offers he'll receive in the near future.

12 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

One of the benefits of the staff scouting a bunch of players on different teams is that a kid you haven't necessarily targeted breaks out.   Jacobs had a strong senior season at Chicago Uplift but the 20 ppg he put up this weekend came out of nowhere.  Hell of a weekend for him. At 6'3 165lb I wonder what kind of P5 offers he'll receive in the near future.

Saw him play against Webster Groves this year and he had a really good game.  Webster beat them without Gordon but I left thinking that he was way too good for SIU.  His team was hard to watch however, lot of isolation ball and quick shots.  His younger brother is a KU commit. 

3 hours ago, Billiken4life5 said:

Saw him play against Webster Groves this year and he had a really good game.  Webster beat them without Gordon but I left thinking that he was way too good for SIU.  His team was hard to watch however, lot of isolation ball and quick shots.  His younger brother is a KU commit. 

What the heck does it mean, "...way too good for SIU"?  If SLU fans take that snobbish attitude towards a mid-major school, then they have no right to complain when power-conference schools' fans leverage a similar attitude towards SLU.  I guess oppression is that stuff that rolls downhill.

2 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

This is probably more closer to the 2019-2020 starting lineup once most of the transfers graduate and assuming Pickett commits, but I still enjoyed seeing this.

I suppose that's possible, but I would caution that Jalen Johnson and Ty Graves will be factors for both of those years.  And that's a good thing.

6 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I suppose that's possible, but I would caution that Jalen Johnson and Ty Graves will be factors for both of those years.  And that's a good thing.

That's definitely true. Plus, I'm sure Ford and the staff will continue to bring in talented players that will be factors, which is great. 

17 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

That's definitely true. Plus, I'm sure Ford and the staff will continue to bring in talented players that will be factors, which is great. 

That post also doesn't list Torrence Watson - which, sadly, is probably accurate. :(