RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, SShoe said:

Is Pickett a 4 star?

Class would be rated even higher if you considered the transfers.   

I think one source (ESPN?) listed him as a 4 star. The others have him as a 3 star. The time honored tradition with all recruits is for fans to report the highest rating as fact.

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Good post Clock_Tower we saw this with coach Majerus and we saw some well played team basketball.

However I will say it is nice to have Mr. Gordon or a Larry Hughes type player sprinkled in with them over the hump to a final four.

As for Glorydays2013 he is a young over zealous fan and I am thankful for all new comers.

Glorydays2013 gets attacked constantly, all earned, and handles it pretty well without being nasty.

True as to Glorydays but the constant war of posts he is having is with equally young and over zealous fans who actually have less insight and perspective.  Tedious.  I would send both sides off for 5 minute majors (fighting) and continue to play 5 and 5.  Sorry for the hockey reference but Go Blues!!

14 minutes ago, STLsportsfan said:

If it were me, I'd take Pickett over Hughes any day of the week. 

Agreed. I wonder if the conversations with Hughes are designed to put pressure on Pickett to make a decision in short order. Something along the lines of "We've got two to give and one needs to be a big. We really like you but Frankie Hughes is also interested so it's yours if you want it, but we need you to make a decision in the next day or two."

22 minutes ago, STLsportsfan said:

If it were me, I'd take Pickett over Hughes any day of the week. 

Just curious as to why? 4 years instead of missing a year and 3? Former Missouri? Or do you also mean in terms of play? If the latter, any particular reason?

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

You're policing jokes on the internet now? Interesting....

Lolllll

Give me Pickett, plz. I heard a #slumor that Gillmann would also be departing at some point, and while this #slumor may not be based upon any facts whatsoever, I'm of the mind that it's not out of the realm of possibilities, given the way he was "utilized" by Ford last season. 

I think we are recruiting with more than 2 openings in mind, but definitely save all the hand-wringing for if/when it happens (I know transfers can be a delicate subject ?) 

Frankie Hughes would be low risk, high reward. We don't really need another swingman. However, Hughes already showed early in the season he can score at this level. He could slide into Roby's position after a redshirt year, based on talent. Hughes got into Anderson's doghouse after a couple of weeks. Wonder what his story is?

7 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Lolllll

Give me Pickett, plz. I heard a #slumor that Gillmann would also be departing at some point, and while this #slumor may not be based upon any facts whatsoever, I'm of the mind that it's not out of the realm of possibilities, given the way he was "utilized" by Ford last season. 

I think we are recruiting with more than 2 openings in mind, but definitely save all the hand-wringing for if/when it happens (I know transfers can be a delicate subject ?) 

I heard from a very reliable source yesterday that Gillmann will in fact not be returning.

He will probably graduate after completion of the summer term.

good for him and us. Cool that some kids are smart enough to use what scholarships offer a free good education. Can't be any easier when having to accomplish with morons like us always bit'hing about his play but can't beat the price. When would this need to be official in order for it to free up his scholarship?

Edited by Quality Is Job 1

5 minutes ago, almaman said:
On 4/12/2017 at 8:44 AM, JohnnyJumpUp said:

good for him and us. Cool that some kids are smart enough to use what scholarships offer a free good education. Can't be any easier when having to accomplish with morons like us always bit'hing about his play but can't beat the price. When would this need to be official in order for it to free up his scholarship?

Dope. Guess I missed this. Guess that's also what Pelican was referring to in the other thread when he mentioned having 3 in the bullpen 

1 hour ago, Bills_06 said:

I would think we would only want one of Pickett or Hughes and then try and get one of the bigs?  

I heard Frank C. say essentially the same thing on the radio. I think Pickett is plan a and Hughes is plan b. Sounds like we will get one of those two.

15 minutes ago, AGB91 said:

I heard from a very reliable source yesterday that Gillmann will in fact not be returning.

He will probably graduate after completion of the summer term.

If Gillmann graduates and leaves, what does that truly accomplish, other than opening a scholarship for a grad transfer or Hines? We already have 2 commits for 2018, so we need 2 scholarships. Otherwise we're signing 2 guys knowing that someone has to leave after next season. 

5 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

If Gillmann graduates and leaves, what does that truly accomplish, other than opening a scholarship for a grad transfer or Hines? We already have 2 commits for 2018, so we need 2 scholarships. Otherwise we're signing 2 guys knowing that someone has to leave after next season. 

It relieves his burden of trying to keep people on this board happy.  Fly free, sweet bird.