Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Ford should stop recruiting him because Milwaukee offered. I forgot SLU should only recruit to other offers. Not how good of a system fit or evaluation or any of that overrated crap. How many stars! /bluefont 

41 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Yeah Ford should stop recruiting him because Milwaukee offered. I forgot SLU should only recruit to other offers. Not how good of a system fit or evaluation or any of that overrated crap. How many stars! /bluefont 

Not what I was insinuating, I want Pickett

21 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

I heard there's some guys in the rec that would really fit in the system. Maybe we should start looking for that instead of top talent?

On a serious note...

Pickett visits SLU tomorrow, what you are seeing are last minute efforts to get him before Wednesdays vist. 

6 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Very surprised Pickett isn't getting more attention. Offers since being released:

SLU

Indiana State

Bradley

Western Kentucky

Maybe he is just not that good and we are not seeing clearly since he is local?  

With that said I trust Ford and Tate's talent evaluation so I hope he becomes a Bill.

14 hours ago, Pistol said:

Important instructions:

1. Username - upper right-hand corner - drop-down menu

2. Ignored Users

3. Add new user to ignore list: type "glorydays2013" in the search box until his name pops up

4. Check all the boxes

5. "Add User" to save, and return to the main board

6. Do not click "Options - Show this post" when you see his name

It works!

Thank you!  Done and I am at peace.  Good solution until the moderators get ahold of the situation.

34 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

Thank you!  Done and I am at peace.  Good solution until the moderators get ahold of the situation.

????  What is there for the moderators to get a hold of?  The "powers" that Nark and I have as moderators are pretty limited.  We can edit and move posts and threads, and we can hide or delete posts.  We don't have the ability to suspend posters.  That falls on the administrator, SignGuy.

42 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

????  What is there for the moderators to get a hold of?  The "powers" that Nark and I have as moderators are pretty limited.  We can edit and move posts and threads, and we can hide or delete posts.  We don't have the ability to suspend posters.  That falls on the administrator, SignGuy.

It just seems that the threads have taken a bit of a turn for the worse, i.e. excessive bashing of SLU, Ford, and their recruits going unchecked and somewhat encouraged, or how about Glorydays2013 in general.  Don't you have power of influence on posters, or even SignGuy to take some sort of action?  It's okay.  Pistol helped me tremendously and solved my problem.  Maybe I'll just hope that someone starts a new website forum where actual SLU Billiken fans can gather and the Mizzou scum are not tolerated

6 hours ago, HoosierBilliken said:

It just seems that the threads have taken a bit of a turn for the worse, i.e. excessive bashing of SLU, Ford, and their recruits going unchecked and somewhat encouraged, or how about Glorydays2013 in general.  Don't you have power of influence on posters, or even SignGuy to take some sort of action?  It's okay.  Pistol helped me tremendously and solved my problem.  Maybe I'll just hope that someone starts a new website forum where actual SLU Billiken fans can gather and the Mizzou scum are not tolerated

I'm not sure I understand why some want to ban Glory Days?  I'd love to hear the argument for.

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

I'm not sure I understand why some want to ban Glory Days?  I'd love to hear the argument for.

+1

In the meantime, put me in the camp that prefers 4 year players with strong work ethics to go with their talent rather than 1 and done guys with freakish talent. 8 to 9 smart, talented and interchangeable players coming together as a team. Not interested in hero ball. 

2 hours ago, slufanskip said:

The issue with Glory Days, was not what he said in any one post, the problem was that he was posting constantly and that he changed what he said also constantly. On top of that he posted frequently taking credit for things he had said or claimed to have said at some point or the other. The answer to Glory Days is to ignore him, something we all can do freely, while allowing those like you that like to hear what he has to say. I do not think he is a destructive troll, I think he is a guy that has this dominating need to hear himself talk, and to be right about everything.

Fully agree with Clock

52 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

+1

In the meantime, put me in the camp that prefers 4 year players with strong work ethics to go with their talent rather than 1 and done guys with freakish talent. 8 to 9 smart, talented and interchangeable players coming together as a team. Not interested in hero ball. 

Good post Clock_Tower we saw this with coach Majerus and we saw some well played team basketball.

However I will say it is nice to have Mr. Gordon or a Larry Hughes type player sprinkled in with them over the hump to a final four.

As for Glorydays2013 he is a young over zealous fan and I am thankful for all new comers.

Glorydays2013 gets attacked constantly, all earned, and handles it pretty well without being nasty.

On 4/17/2017 at 4:11 PM, hsmith19 said:

You weren't here to suffer through the Crews years, so you don't get to tell those of us who were how to move on or deal with new realities. All you have to know is that 2014-2016 was the Vietnam War of Billiken basketball, and you weren't drafted.

58,220 reasons this post is awful. Mods?

18 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Class currently sits at #31 in ESPN's rankings. If Pickett is added (4*) and a big is added, I think the BIlls have a good shot at moving into the Top 25. Thoughts?

Is Pickett a 4 star?

Class would be rated even higher if you considered the transfers.