Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I thought I already said we are going full press on Pickett lol. But I guess frank needs to say what I already know. 

yep you are the best!!!!!!!! best poster on this site

2 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I thought I already said we are going full press on Pickett lol. But I guess frank needs to say what I already know. 

I get your point, but Frank is a member of the media, and the member of the local media with the most knowledge of SLU basketball under Travis Ford. Hiring Corey Tate, the commitments of Goodwin,  Gordon, and maybe Thatch; Frank has known about those before anyone else in the media.

No offense, but there are people on this board with a year or more of a track record of being right on SLU news, and at best, I see them as equal to Frank in terms of credibility. You're still new, so forgive us if we're more excited about a trusted media member talking about something than a poster on a message board.

Glorydays is like the stock market talking heads: "biggest bull market ever", "market ready to crash tomorrow", "buy gold", etc... ad infinitum. Goes to prove if you talk enough garbage, sooner or later you are right somehow. Then you  can puff your feathers and say: "I already said this". True you did, plus you also posted  an enormous amount of other conflicting garbage that you see no need to take credit for, simply because it is junk. There is a mathematical ratio useful for dealing with people like yourself, it is called the facts to bullsh_t ratio or F/BS. Purely factual information rates 1.0, pure bullsh_t rates 0.0. Yours is a pretty low number. Now go cultivate your friendships with players families but make sure you tell them that whatever they say or imply will be blown up out of proportion in a public blog.

Based on this link posted in another thread.......a little worried about getting JP's commit.  Western Kentucky is good, and bringing in some topnotch recruits.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.midmajormadness.com/platform/amp/2017/4/6/15190916/sweet-16-mid-major-madness-recruiting-rankings-mitchell-robinson-star-prospect-shockers-midmajor

19 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Based on this link posted in another thread.......a little worried about getting JP's commit.  Western Kentucky is good, and bringing in some topnotch recruits.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.midmajormadness.com/platform/amp/2017/4/6/15190916/sweet-16-mid-major-madness-recruiting-rankings-mitchell-robinson-star-prospect-shockers-midmajor

Think about it like this....

The seven foot Robinson is the first ESPN five-star recruit to ever sign with a program outside the Power Five

.....SLU will have the 2nd in Gordon

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

FUOK ME

this can't be true right? 

It's not true; there have been 5-stars to go to the Big East, which technically isn't a Power Five conference - those are the BCS conferences (SEC, ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac 12).

4 hours ago, Old guy said:

Glorydays is like the stock market talking heads: "biggest bull market ever", "market ready to crash tomorrow", "buy gold", etc... ad infinitum. Goes to prove if you talk enough garbage, sooner or later you are right somehow. Then you  can puff your feathers and say: "I already said this". True you did, plus you also posted  an enormous amount of other conflicting garbage that you see no need to take credit for, simply because it is junk. There is a mathematical ratio useful for dealing with people like yourself, it is called the facts to bullsh_t ratio or F/BS. Purely factual information rates 1.0, pure bullsh_t rates 0.0. Yours is a pretty low number. Now go cultivate your friendships with players families but make sure you tell them that whatever they say or imply will be blown up out of proportion in a public blog.

OG you have an edge to you lately and I kinda love it ?

As for the thing regarding 5-stars, would Gordon be the 2nd to sign with a "mid-major", after Robinson? Is that a true statement? 

9 minutes ago, waldo027 said:

Maybe since the BE split and the "Power Five" was formed. No way it's true for all time, Derrick Rose to Memphis in CUSA instantly comes to mind.

Yeah, I think the trick is in the "ESPN five-star" wording. I'm not sure how far back their ratings go. But Rose would be an example, for sure. I thought Zach Collins (Gonzaga) was a 5-star, but ESPN only gave him 4 - he had higher ratings from other services and was a McDonald's All-American. The first thought I had was Omari Spellman, who sat out this season at Villanova but will play in the fall. He was top 10 out of HS, 5-star on ESPN and everywhere else.

Full updates on class of 2017 names:

-Isaiah Coleman-Lands picked up an offer from Miami-Ohio. I see no indication that SLU is involved here anymore.

-Khalea Turner-Morris added an offer from ETSU.

-Tommy Burton, Jr. got a Tulane offer.

-Isaac Kante visited St. John's twice, will visit Old Dominion tomorrow, and will visit Georgia Monday. Expect a decision shortly thereafter, but don't expect SLU to be in the mix.

-Nothing lately on Chris Duarte, other than he's playing in the same Jordan event that Hasahn French is in. I don't think SLU is involved at all.

-Raynere Thornton named Memphis, Iowa State, Jacksonville State, K-State, FAU, and UALR as his leaders. He will visit Memphis this weekend, and there's loads of opportunity with a roster depleted by 6 transfers. SLU does not appear to be in the mix any longer.

-Ralph Bissainthe does not appear to be a SLU recruit any longer, but appears to be heading in the direction of juco, prep school, or lower-division ball.

-No news on Luis Santos since the news that he'd visit SLU and Fordham. He's from the Bronx and wanted to be closer to home, so I'd consider him a Fordham lean.

-No news on Isaiah Whaley since his SLU visit this past weekend.

-Mark Smith has one more official visit to take, and is deciding between Ohio State and Kentucky. Expect a decision shortly after that. Illinois and Michigan State are considered the favorites, but he and his family seem intrigued by Kentucky. I'm not sure if UK's recent commitment from Jemarl Baker will have an effect on his decision.

-Pickett has only taken one official visit, to Illinois, so he might want to wait and see if anyone besides SLU and WKU are interested before scheduling more official visits. Scott Burgess of IL Prep Hoops thinks he'll get more offers very soon.

-I don't think a Tilmon update is necessary, given how deep into the weeds things have gotten on his own thread here.

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Fuoking google it...

I did and nothing showed up. Also I think since no one else offered Pickett, and with the next recruiting period opening tomorrow Pickett might pick SLU soon. Brags signing with WKU might have put them on the schollie cap but they have a lot of transfers and VC doesn't do a good job of keeping track of years remaining

6 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Javon picket has removed all SLU tweets from his timeline on Twitter. Not sure what that means. Might need Glory days to tell us. I'm not as experienced at this breaking news thing.

No idea if it's related, but maybe this spooked him