Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

30 minutes ago, Old guy said:

For a 21 year old or so, active in sports, Welmer seems to have fairly frail foot bones. Wonder why. Ask yourself how many players do you recall having had fractures of both feet while in active play and in the space of a couple of years apart. And this occurred during a charity function? Who were they playing, the Celtics?

I think it was the Special Oly thing the team did.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Old guy said:

For a 21 year old or so, active in sports, Welmer seems to have fairly frail foot bones. Wonder why. Ask yourself how many players do you recall having had fractures of both feet while in active play and in the space of a couple of years apart. And this occurred during a charity function? Who were they playing, the Celtics?

Being 6'9 and 220lb is not normal. I think we discount - or don't see - many health problems associated with abnormal growth patterns in young men (and women).

8 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

They're not taking steroids or growth hormones. What are you trying to say?

What he is saying that joints get stressed when a person grows faster than what would be considered a normal pattern.  The stress causes problems as time goes by for those who fit this pattern - just one example.

24 minutes ago, almaman said:

JUCO transfer almost quaint with rapid explosion of regular transfers. They don't have to sit out do they?

no, jucos can play right away

Just now, Glorydays2013 said:

Why do players go to JUCO? Just curious how that works

1) grades

2)if you were a late talent (think of a poor mans mark smith) and knew you could could get better offers

10 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-does he want #3 or #12? BIG difference in confidence between the two, we gots to know

HUGE.  Bess has #3.  If Burton wants #3, then we have a self confidence issue with either him or Bess.  If he wants #12, then we are good.

13 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

Some recruiting news:

JUCO SF Tommy Burton, Jr. (6-8, 195, 2.5★) has received an offer from Saint Louis

His stats are very unimpressive and he is listed as a SF, which doesn't figure to be a great need. It appears he is only a freshman, so he would have three years of eligibility. My guess is Ford may envision him as an athletic 4, which would make sense. I would expect there to be a lot more recruiting chatter over the next week or two. The list of available transfers grows every day.

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

His stats are very unimpressive and he is listed as a SF, which doesn't figure to be a great need. It appears he is only a freshman, so he would have three years of eligibility. My guess is Ford may envision him as an athletic 4, which would make sense. I would expect there to be a lot more recruiting chatter over the next week or two. The list of available transfers grows every day.

He looks good in some stretches of the video, but in others I think he's just okay. The thing that concerns me about his stats is that they very gradually went down over the course of the season.