Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

Depends on whether you consider gruehls a troll...... courtside is also a good answer.....mb73 was up there too......

Wasn't Gruehls a Cincy fan? When we departed from CUSA Gruehls disappeared. I never considered him annoying like that St Bona kid. Courtside, I never considered a troll, just a kind of annoying 'know-it-all' type that would write volumes on something insignificant.  MB73 was just your old conservative white guy. Dropped his season tickets when the team moved to Chaifetz because the the walk from the parking garage to the arena was too far.  

How do you get multiple posts about trolls without bringing up Basketballcountry? That guy was the Terrell Davis of Billikens.com. Didn't stick around a long time, but was a legend while he did. 

12 hours ago, JMM28 said:

How do you get multiple posts about trolls without bringing up Basketballcountry? That guy was the Terrell Davis of Billikens.com. Didn't stick around a long time, but was a legend while he did. 

12 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

I miss MB73

+1 to both of these.

Updates have been posted in the Recruiting Lists thread for 2017. I noted that we have 2 open scholarships.

Raynere Thornton continues to have heavy interest from all over, and many offers. It's been 2.5 months since he said he'd commit "soon" so I think he's taking his time and enjoying the process. Clemson was the last to visit.

Zach Gunn is off the board to Ball State; former SLU assistant Jason Grunkemeyer was the lead assistant on his recruitment. He'll be a nice player at that level.

No updates on Isaiah Coleman-Lands. I find it hard to believe we'd still be interested, but I'm leaving him up until any news becomes official. His brother plays at Illinois.

Isaac Kante is visiting St. Bonaventure this weekend. Georgia and Georgetown were the last two to offer.

I'm not sure if we've actually offered Chris Duarte, but Seton Hall was out to see him recently.

I don't think there's any interest in Ralph Bissainthe or Tray Hollowell, but I'm leaving them up until I know more on each.

I don't think we're in on Mark Smith, either, but have to monitor a local recruit of his standing.

14 hours ago, crymdg2 said:

Check out @ESPN1050_Ryan's Tweet:

Someone getting $$$ ?

Tilmon has ALWAYS had "advisors" in his ear going back to Junior high.  I do believe he wants to stay close to home but people might be pushing him in a different direction.

From a New England recruiting site...

Khalea Turner-Morris, New Hampton – With a naturally big frame and a clear commitment to his conditioning during his post-graduate year, Turner-Morris has a college ready body. There is natural talent to match his physical tools and that’s a big reason why he captured an offer from St. Bonaventure earlier this fall and has continued to reel in new interest throughout the course of the season.

As for Khalea Turner-Morris, he's a beast. High-energy, big frame, really aggressive rebounder and shot blocker, runs the floor well, and finishes with both hands.

He's pretty much an at-the-basket player offensively. He's not one to step out and shoot at all. He's limited as a passer from the post.

The red flag here: He's been to six different schools in five years for his prep career. I'm not sure what the story is there, but was able to find the timeline. I put the details in his bio on the pinned Recruiting Lists thread, under 2017 offers.

Out of HS, he was recruited by Providence, Mizzou, Memphis, Baylor, UTEP, and a few others. He opted for a prep year instead. His offer list is much thinner at the moment, although I could see it expanding in the next several weeks.

22 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

I miss MB73

He still pops up on StLToday periodically, usually when there's a chance to slur a black basketball player with cornrows or dreads. He'll never truly leave the scene until he strokes out at his computer.

2x9TDZ9.gif