Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I give a lot more credence to local/regional high school gurus than the national services. It's a lot easier for New England Recruiting Report to see and rank the top 10 kids in New England than it is for some national service to see kids sparingly and rank the top 300 players nationalwide. IL Prep Bullseye is one of the worst looking sites on the web but the evaluations there are more accurate and they get it right months sooner than the national guys do.

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

I give a lot more credence to local/regional high school gurus than the national services. It's a lot easier for New England Recruiting Report to see and rank the top 10 kids in New England than it is for some national service to see kids sparingly and rank the top 300 players nationalwide. IL Prep Bullseye is one of the worst looking sites on the web but the evaluations there are more accurate and they get it right months sooner than the national guys do.

-from NERR.....didn't post the best but you should get the idea, if playing 'look at who else is recruiting', see the schools that are getting kids past #9

New England Class of 2017

Updated: February 2, 2017

RankingRecruitClassHeightHigh SchoolCommitted School

1Hamidou Diallo20176'5"Putnam Science Acad.Kentucky

2Tremont Waters20175'10"Notre Dame-West HavenGeorgetown

3Makai Ashton-Langford20176'2"Brewster AcademyUConn

4Jermaine Samuels20176'6"Rivers SchoolVillanova

5Kimani Lawrence20176'6"New HamptonArizona St

6Wabissa Bede20176'0"Cushing AcademyVirginia Tech

7Christian David20176'7"Vermont AcademyButler

8Jordan Nwora20176'7"Vermont AcademyLouisville

9Hasahn French20176'7"Commonwealth AcademySt. Louis

10Kellan Grady20176'3"Northfield Mount HermonDavidson

11Thomas Allen20176'1"Brewster AcademyN.C. State

12Geo Baker20176'3"Proctor AcademyRutgers

13Anthony Gaines20176'4"New HamptonNorthwestern

14Curtis Haywood20176'5"Brewster AcademyGeorgia Tech

15Andrew Platek20176'4"Northfield Mount HermonNorth Carolina

16Terrell Brown20176'10"Tilton SchoolPittsburgh

17Michael Okauru20176'4"Brewster AcademyFlorida

18Chris Duarte20176'5"Redemption Christian

19Kristers Zoriks20176'3"New HamptonSt. Mary's

20Alexis Yetna20176'9"Putnam Science Acad.

21Marcus Santos Silva20176'7"Vermont AcademyVCU

22Aaron Wheeler20176'7"Brewster AcademyPurdue

23Tomas Murphy20176'8"Northfield Mount HermonNortheastern

24Walter Whyte20176'5"St. Luke’s SchoolBoston University

25Devante Jones20176'1"Notre Dame Prep

17 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-from NERR.....didn't post the best but you should get the idea, if playing 'look at who else is recruiting', see the schools that are getting kids past #9

"St. Louis".. 

How dare they. Smh

8 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Goodwin and French are STUDS!  I don't really care where their HS ratings are.  It's all about college now.  

Ford is BIG TIME and he proves it everyday in different ways.  Going to French's Senior Night instead of sending an assistant is terrific.  Also it shows SLU increased commitment.  Not too long ago there would not have been the budget for that trip. 

55 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Ford may be paying for the trip out of his own pocket if the stuff we are reading about SLU's financial difficulties are as bad as they sound. More power to him is that is the case.

I doubt Coach Ford paid out of his own pocket, but if he did that is impressive as well.  The financial woes are not as bad as reported.  Media loves to do what they do.  SLU is fine.  That doesn't mean they don't need to make some needed adjustments.  SLU is not going to mess-up a revenue generator that has a chance to really produce.  They finally "Get-it!" 

21 hours ago, kshoe said:

Funny. Goodwin gets hurt and moves up in the rankings and French dunks on just about everything in sight and moves down.

Key point is we are getting two really good players and their exact rankings don't matter much at all.

French is playing a lot against prep academies with multiple D-I prospects.  He can get that in a high level urban school I guess but it is pretty unusual to playing against that kind of competition.  Around 2 weeks ago French had 36 pts on Brewster Academy.  Brewster Academy has 6 D-I commits on their roster and is considered one of the best HS and prep school teams in the nation.  FYI, I intended to go to that game but Brewster Academy had the wrong info on their website so I missed my chance.

Typical pratice scrimmages have the starters plus Moore vs the transfers, gillmann, Tsimitis.  Neufeld will plug into both squads as needed.  Nothing out of the ordinary.

8 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Matt N and Austin G wearing the same colors as the transfers and Markos. Speculation fun and all but is this what happened all year or is Ford trying to get them to leave soon after the TournamentC6BuZA2WAAEXTFC.jpg:large

Probably something that's been happening for a while. I seem to recall at least 1 of MN and AG playing with the transfers at the open practice when I was there.

Think of it this way: if you've paid attention to who gets playing time in games, Ford clearly prefers 7 players in his rotation this season. Those are Roby, Crawford, Hines, Johnson, Agbeko, Moore, and Welmer. Neufeld and Gillmann only see the court if Agbeko and/or Welmer get in foul trouble. If those 7 guys are Ford's preferred rotation, why not have them work together in practice?

1 hour ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Probably something that's been happening for a while. I seem to recall at least 1 of MN and AG playing with the transfers at the open practice when I was there.

Think of it this way: if you've paid attention to who gets playing time in games, Ford clearly prefers 7 players in his rotation this season. Those are Roby, Crawford, Hines, Johnson, Agbeko, Moore, and Welmer. Neufeld and Gillmann only see the court if Agbeko and/or Welmer get in foul trouble. If those 7 guys are Ford's preferred rotation, why not have them work together in practice?

Well if it has been happening for awhile I hope he uses AG scholarship for a grad transfer and MN for 2018

On 2/14/2017 at 9:27 AM, brianstl said:

I found Ryan Warren-Hogue.  He is going by just Ryan Warren now.  As Coach314 said he ended up at Northwest Academy.  He is putting up insane shooting numbers in the ten games that stats are available for him.  He is shooting 71% overall and 58% from 3 in those games.   He is averaging almost 22 points, 8 assists and over 5 steals in those games.  He had 25 points and 5 assists against Vashon.  He had 19 and 10 assists against Miller last night.  

I don't think we are recruiting him at all right now.  That said, I hear he is one of the funnest players to watch in the area on the high school level right now.  Short kid, quick, smooth shot, outstanding passer, really sees the floor well and is fearless. Here his a highlight video I found of some of his games this season.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/8797708/5886417723481b1da0bc7df7

I am going to try to catch this kid play before the season is over.

Warren had 37 in a win against Ritter in the distract finals a week ago.  On Saturday he scored 21 and six assists against Montgomery County to as his team advanced to the Class 3 Final 4.  He could end up playing against Watson and Whitfield in the championship if they beat Mountain Grove.

On 3/2/2017 at 10:47 PM, Old guy said:

Ford may be paying for the trip out of his own pocket if the stuff we are reading about SLU's financial difficulties are as bad as they sound. More power to him is that is the case.

Why post false statements like this? This board drives me crazy!

1 hour ago, Billikenswin said:

Why do that to yourself?

2 hours ago, Billikenswin said:

Did I say he was paying out  of pocket?, do you understand the meaning of the sentence "may be?" And how does this statement does not fit the current financial condition of SLU? 

45 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Did I say he was paying out  of pocket?, do you understand the meaning of the sentence "may be?" And how does this statement does not fit the current financial condition of SLU? 

Not a smart post by that character Old Guy, you are one of the best posters on this site and I enjoy reading what you think.

On my way into work I will listen to the CBS world news roundup at 7 am on KMOX and SLU always has advertised at the 4 minute break.  I wonder how much revenue SLU makes on that time slot advertisement versus the cost?

Thank you CBFan, I have no idea what the details of SLU's financial condition and or expenses vs gains are. All I know is what is made available to the public in press releases and the like. SLU does not appear to be in a good financial condition, however this is not something that is affecting only SLU. Many other colleges and universities are feeling a singificant economic pinch, and that includes Harvard by the way. Amazing stuff, Harvard got $1.6 B in donations last year, and managed to spend it all plus all other income realized in 2016 plus a $0.4 B or so dip into their endowment for good measure! Imagine where SLU would be if they were spending at a similar clip. I am sure that details about SLU's current financial condition are known to Ford.

Oh, and by the way, the cost of airfare and overnight stay to go wherever Hassahn French is graduating from, to attend his Senior night, is a drop in the bucket compared to what Ford makes. He really does not need to request funds to do this from May, he can do it himself without even thinking about it. I am sure Hassahn French really appreciated this gesture, and that made any expense incurred completely worthwhile for Ford. My original post was not intended to poor mouth SLU but to profile Ford for what he is, a real leader you can count on and follow. 

9 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Thank you CBFan, I have no idea what the details of SLU's financial condition and or expenses vs gains are. All I know is what is made available to the public in press releases and the like. SLU does not appear to be in a good financial condition, however this is not something that is affecting only SLU. Many other colleges and universities are feeling a singificant economic pinch, and that includes Harvard by the way. Amazing stuff, Harvard got $1.6 B in donations last year, and managed to spend it all plus all other income realized in 2016 plus a $0.4 B or so dip into their endowment for good measure! Imagine where SLU would be if they were spending at a similar clip. I am sure that details about SLU's current financial condition are known to Ford.

Oh, and by the way, the cost of airfare and overnight stay to go wherever Hassahn French is graduating from, to attend his Senior night, is a drop in the bucket compared to what Ford makes. He really does not need to request funds to do this from May, he can do it himself without even thinking about it. I am sure Hassahn French really appreciated this gesture, and that made any expense incurred completely worthwhile for Ford. My original post was not intended to poor mouth SLU but to profile Ford for what he is, a real leader you can count on and follow. 

Anybody with a basic understanding of U.S. corporate tax rates understands that if you can do an activity on the corporate dime it is better than doing it on your own dime. I highly doubt Ford is taking his salary, letting it incrementally be taxed at 45% (federal plus state) and then choosing to go on recruiting trips (make no doubt the French trip was a recruiting trip). If money at SLU is super tight its much better to increase the recruiting budget by 100,000 than it would be for Travis to take 100,000 in pay, pay $45,000 in taxes, and then decide to go a recruiting trip with his remaining 55,000.

While you technically can't be wrong with your "he may have paid on his own dime" post, it defies all logic that it would have gone down that way.