Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

14 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Per Twitter, tonight is Goodwin's last game as he has surgery Friday 

-I hope he is getting the very best medical care now and for rehab, the very best

-here's to a successful surgery and rehab to come back bigger, faster and stronger

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/18518785/espn-100-rankings-new-no-1-player-class-2017

"On the cusp

Hasahn French
Commonwealth Academy (Massachusetts)
Committed to Saint Louis

French is a throwback-style power forward: powerful, rugged inside and at his best offensively inside of 12 to 15 feet. In many ways his style would have been perhaps more valued a decade or two ago. Here's what is undeniable, though: French is a sheer winner, one of the best pound-for-pound rebounders in the country and an absolute steal in the Atlantic 10. He had plenty of high-major offers and undoubtedly could have made his presence felt there, but instead he'll get the chance to be part of the foundation of coach Travis Ford's rebuilding effort. He'll contend for a starting spot from Day 1 and will help to make the Billikens relevant again sooner rather than later."

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Kansas was out to watch Mark Smith this past week and now they're trying to get him out for a campus visit.

-wow, the kid has put himself on the map, I hate KU but would like to see a game in the Allen Fieldhouse

37 minutes ago, Pistol said:

2017 transfer list, which will grow considerably in a couple months: http://verbalcommits.com/transfers/2017

This is a quite useful tool. Graves is already listed there, by the way.

Interesting list, but it will grow too long to read by the end of March. 

I'm surprised GoldyLocks2013 hasn't expounded on the immense talents of the future All-American / Future NBA All-Star transferring INTO Marquette from SMU.

F     Harry Froling                   FR               6-11                  260                SMU              Marquette

54 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Interesting list, but it will grow too long to read by the end of March. 

I'm surprised GoldyLocks2013 hasn't expounded on the immense talents of the future All-American / Future NBA All-Star transferring INTO Marquette from SMU.

F     Harry Froling                   FR               6-11                  260                SMU              Marquette

i'm confused, if thats sarcasm on the talent of Froling. Seems like we would like to have him from what I've seen

52 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I saw a tweet (can't find it anymore) that made reference to Gordon possibly reclassifying to 2017. That doesn't seem likely or feasible to me, and I haven't heard anything else about it, but is that something that has been discussed? 

This was posted in the Welcome to SLU, Carte'Are Gordon thread in October, don't think anything more came of it:

On 10/26/2016 at 5:24 PM, WestCoastBilliken said:

I dont know if there is any truth to this or if this guy is being sarcastic, but I found the following on the A10 board:

Originally Posted by AlienAiden View Post
I was told that Gordon will reclass which will give them French, Goodwin and Gordan for 2017.

Originally Posted by BBall_Lifer View Post
Source?

My source is a AAU/Recruiting service guy. He made one of Gordon's mixtapes. He said.....he is a reclass kid. I think since he committed that they want him to come early. Being a 5-star recruit he would not commit so early unless he planned to come for 2017. 

That is exactly how it was put to me.

59 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

You guys are going to hate me for this, but his buddy on the USA team Markus Howard  reclassified to play for Marquette 

Gordon is just short of 17 years old.........I know he physically ready, but if he can reclassify, he must be good in the classroom.  Anyone know his academics?  Here's hoping he is not only a 5 star athlete, but a genius as well.........

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

Gordon is just short of 17 years old.........I know he physically ready, but if he can reclassify, he must be good in the classroom.  Anyone know his academics?  Here's hoping he is not only a 5 star athlete, but a genius as well.........

Based on what Frank C and others had said about him having some growing up to do and other things said about him while at Vianney, it would be a little surprising if he were able to reclassify, but I don't have any inside information. 

44 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

What difference does that make here? 

Howard and him played together for Team USA last year. Howard reclassified in April last year. I guess just pointing out that his teammate reclassified late last year so it is possible, and Gordan coming here can be more likely. I hope he wants to since we might get more time out of him if he is trying to go pro early

6 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Howard and him played together for Team USA last year. Howard reclassified in April last year. I guess just pointing out that his teammate reclassified late last year so it is possible, and Gordan coming here can be more likely. I hope he wants to since we might get more time out of him if he is trying to go pro early

You're reaching 

It looks like the pot is starting to boil for coach Groce at Illinois.   It looks like another missed NCAA tournament.  His team currently has a good number of 3-4 star recruits, and he just can't get them to the dance.  Tilmon may get another chance to rethink where he wants to play basketball.
http://writingillini.com/2017/01/29/illinois-basketball-illini-plans-future-head-coach/