Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

20 hours ago, Soderball said:

Roy is on target, looking forward to seeing French and Goodwin for 35+ a game.

this team is going to need time to meld together, but with 3 junior starters fromm the likes of Mich st, etc... i am looking forward to competing at a d1/a10 level again. no more of this slop.

Me too with French and Goodwin.

With French a guy that can catch the ball hold onto the ball and finish instead of drops and missed bunnies.

Goodwin creating, distributing and rebounding I am looking so forward to it.

I hope next season's schedule does not have Chicago States on it, I would rather play better teams even if the Billikens lose.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, CBFan said:

Me too with French and Goodwin.

With French a guy that can catch the ball hold onto the ball and finish instead of drops and missed bunnies.

Goodwin creating, distributing and rebounding I am looking so forward to it.

I hope next season's schedule does not have Chicago States on it, I would rather play better teams even if the Billikens lose.

The crazy thing about Crews not recruiting Goodwin is that Goodwin is the type of player Rickma had wet dreams about.  Crews learned nothing from his time with Majerus.

On 12/10/2016 at 8:09 AM, cheeseman said:

What are Goodwin's physical metrics - he looks thicker than I would have thought?

6-4, 220 (maybe a little less right now)

Similar weight to Jett but a good 2 inches taller. Same size as Marcus Smart, but a somewhat different build.

On 12/6/2016 at 2:42 PM, FromDaEastSide said:

Mark Smith and Edwardsville is playing Javon Pickett (Illinois Signee)/Belleville East tonight in Edwardsville 

Also Edwardsville is playing in the Collinsville Prairie Farms Holiday Classic this year along with Althoff, Belleville East, East St. Louis, Lincoln (IL), Quincy
Wed, December 28 through Fri, December 30

#GOSEETHEKIDSPLAY

Bracket is up for the Collinsville Holiday Tournament 

#GOSEETHEKIDSPLAY

IMG_0275.PNG

On 12/11/2016 at 2:20 PM, Pistol said:

6-4, 220 (maybe a little less right now)

Similar weight to Jett but a good 2 inches taller. Same size as Marcus Smart, but a somewhat different build.

Funny you mentioned Jett.  People asked me for a comparison (admittedly I've only seen him play on TV with the Eagles), but I said to imagine a taller, better shooting version of Jett.  Tough and physical.  Great ability to get to the hoop and finish. And from what it sounds like, becoming more and more skilled.

Jett at the end is a fair comparison but only Jordan is indeed bigger an a better shooter.   Goodwin far better than jett when jett was a freshman though.  

Love the way French went up for that layup with authority.  May seem trivial for that particular two points, but when you put that top effort into every part of your game, even a layup, good things follow.  The guys on the team now don't do that and that's why they miss bunnies.

10 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

According to Twitter, SLU recently visited Teshaun Hightower again (along with Seton Hall). He mentioned in an article last month that SLU was recruiting him he hardest right now.

That is music to my ears I really hope they get another guard and I have confidence if Coach Ford and SLU are recruiting him the hardest that the coach will get this done.

Thank you for sharing.

19 minutes ago, CBFan said:

That is music to my ears I really hope they get another guard and I have confidence if Coach Ford and SLU are recruiting him the hardest that the coach will get this done.

Thank you for sharing.

No problem. Here is the article from last month where he says SLU is recruiting him the hardest.

http://www.madehoops.com/news_article/show/723896

Page 1 of this thread has been updated with the offer and interest lists. Notes:

-I will update these periodically with new offers, interest, etc. As always, if you see something, please post it here and I will update the bios.

-The interest list is short because I haven't seen much about recent interest from SLU. I have dozens more names that we are likely no longer recruiting. Again, if you think there are names tied to SLU currently, let me know here.

-I'm going to be messing with the format and content of these in the coming days, as well, until I settle upon something that's the most useful and readable. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Page 1 of this thread has been updated with the offer and interest lists. Notes:

-I will update these periodically with new offers, interest, etc. As always, if you see something, please post it here and I will update the bios.

-The interest list is short because I haven't seen much about recent interest from SLU. I have dozens more names that we are likely no longer recruiting. Again, if you think there are names tied to SLU currently, let me know here.

-I'm going to be messing with the format and content of these in the coming days, as well, until I settle upon something that's the most useful and readable. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

I checked out page 1 thank you for the updates.

Which recruit offered would do you like to see sign?

20 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I checked out page 1 thank you for the updates.

Which recruit offered would do you like to see sign?

From the current offer list? Probably Hightower, in terms of roster fit.

I like Thornton a lot but I'm not sure he fills a pressing need other than depth.

I'd really, really like to see a post player. Kante is a couple inches short, and I think we can do better.

We have 1 scholarship open and my guess is it'll be 2-4 scholarships by the time the spring period opens. Hightower is the most likely signee on the list, but if we don't land him, I think any spring signees will be from outside the current list.