Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

4 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

From what I've read they don't have reliable enough guards to get him the ball in good spots... the team stinks 

Mojo, How can you not be scoring and your team stinking when you are 6'10" and rated as the top player in the state and one of the top in the country?  Their guards can't be that bad, can they?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, bauman said:

Mojo, How can you not be scoring and your team stinking when you are 6'10" and rated as the top player in the state and one of the top in the country?  Their guards can't be that bad, can they?

I honestly have no idea, and could be wrong. Believe I read it on the Illini board

57 minutes ago, bauman said:

What's the deal with Tillmon this year?  In looking at ESTL's box scores, he is not doing much, point production wise.  Is that because he wasn't on the team last year or is there some other reason?

He's the 2nd best big man in STL behind..........

Gordon

27 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

In the best of circumstances, Tilmon's not a dominant scorer. He's a likely NBA prospect because long, athletic 6'10 guys who have a clue in the post and can rebound are NBA prospects. 20 years ago he would have been a 4 year player. 

I watched Tilmon as a sophomore come out and dominate Chaminade and juniors at the time Tyler Cook and Will Gladson and then he never touched the ball in the 2nd half. When they got him the ball posting up early in the game neither of those two could stop him from getting a dunk and he easily blocked their shots at the other end. I remember seeing that he ended with 13 points and thinking I have never seen a kid look so good only score 13 points. His natural athleticism for his length is off the charts. After that game I could easily see how his production may not match his ability level playing for ESL, but I came away extremely impressed with his natural ability (definitely a one and done type talent).

37 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I also believe Gordon is the best big man in the area. But Gordon playing with one of the best point guards in the Midwest will make the difference appear even greater.

It is going to be fun to watch those two run together, enjoy trying to guard that St. Louis.

30 minutes ago, slusam said:

I wonder if we would be interested in Yankuba Sima. 6'11" kid just announced he is transferring from St Johns.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's only a sophomore and is a fringe NBA prospect (#49 among sophomores according to Draft Express). Would be a huge upgrade at the 5. 

10 minutes ago, Zink said:

I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's only a sophomore and is a fringe NBA prospect (#49 among sophomores according to Draft Express). Would be a huge upgrade at the 5. 

Id take him as well.

The only thing with him is that he cant play next year.  And I think we have a team that can go deep next year, WITH the addition of a center. 

Just now, wgstl said:

Id take him as well.

The only thing with him is that he cant play next year.  And I think we have a team that can go deep next year, WITH the addition of a center. 

I think we have a much better team next year.  As it stands right now I don't think we have enough depth to go deep next year or even if we are deep enough to make the tournament.

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Id take him as well.

If he enrolls at another school before the start of the second semester, he can play at the end of first semester, 2017-2018.

45 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

If he enrolls at another school before the start of the second semester, he can play at the end of first semester, 2017-2018.

Sounds like Ford should be giving him a call.  I assume from what others are saying that he takes care of the hole at center.

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

This. He'd be able to help us in conference and the tourney, AND be eligible for two more years. Sign me up.

1 hour ago, Zink said:

This. He'd be able to help us in conference and the tourney, AND be eligible for two more years. Sign me up.

No; he'd be eligible for one more year.  He's a sophomore now; his junior year will be the second semester of next season.  After that, all he'll have left is his senior season.  That's assuming he doesn't turn pro sooner.  I don't know what his draft stock is like, but if he has the buzz, he might never play another college game.

8 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

No; he'd be eligible for one more year.  He's a sophomore now; his junior year will be the second semester of next season.  After that, all he'll have left is his senior season.  That's assuming he doesn't turn pro sooner.  I don't know what his draft stock is like, but if he has the buzz, he might never play another college game.

3 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

No. If he is a sophomore, played first semester this year and plays second semester next year, he would only have one year of eligibility after that.

Huh, you're right...why can't players split up their eligibility across two seasons? For some reason I though that you don't lose that semester of eligibility, but I do seem to be wrong, looking at the careers of others who have done this.

12 minutes ago, Zink said:

Huh, you're right...why can't players split up their eligibility across two seasons? For some reason I though that you don't lose that semester of eligibility, but I do seem to be wrong, looking at the careers of others who have done this.

NCAA eligibility isn't subdivided into semesters, but years.  And one game during the season counts as that year, except in the cases of medical hardships.