Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Illinifan24 said:

Give it up. It's over. Go back to being a middle of the pack A10 school. Goodwin will transfer after 1 year, Gordon won't ever be at SLU. Your time to shine has come and gone. 

When was the last time Illini were relevant? At least you can kinda tell Mizzou is focusing on football. Illinois have just kinda been floating around in irrelevance for years.  Getting played by recruits (Ie Clyff Alexander, Tilmon). It's been a while since Dee Brown and Deron Williams.

5 hours ago, Illinifan24 said:

Give it up. It's over. Go back to being a middle of the pack A10 school. Goodwin will transfer after 1 year, Gordon won't ever be at SLU. Your time to shine has come and gone. 

HAHAHA!!!!

Image result for dipshit meme

6 hours ago, Illinifan24 said:

It's a good sign when someone from a power conference is envious and jealous of SLU. We must be doing something right!

15 hours ago, Illinifan24 said:

You and the SPUMAC fans should go to your safe space to discuss your horrible basketball and football programs together.  It's okay to hate on SLU if it makes you feel better snowflake.

16 hours ago, Illinifan24 said:

Just curious, the 24, are you planning on being 2024 grad of the Univ of Ill? If so, and judging from your posts-you don't even flame very good, you are 10 or 11 years old. Rather then being on your dad's computer, shouldn't you being playing with your legos? 

2 hours ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Just curious, the 24, are you planning on being 2024 grad of the Univ of Ill? If so, and judging from your posts-you don't even flame very good, you are 10 or 11 years old. Rather then being on your dad's computer, shouldn't you being playing with your legos? 

that would make him a sophomore at U of I.

A few notes, as the Tilmon storm continues to swirl:

-Nojel Eastern is rumored to be deciding before the end of this period, which is Wednesday. SLU is not in play.

-Raynere Thornton reiterated that he won't decide until the spring, but will cut his list to five after the season and take his official visits then. He has over 20 offers, but most are in small conferences. He says location is not important and is just focused on fit. His only unofficial visit to date is Georgia.

On 2016年11月12日 at 0:59 PM, Illinifan24 said:

This guy is like the Metz of the Illini nation or something. lol 

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

A few notes, as the Tilmon storm continues to swirl:

-Nojel Eastern is rumored to be deciding before the end of this period, which is Wednesday. SLU is not in play.

-Raynere Thornton reiterated that he won't decide until the spring, but will cut his list to five after the season and take his official visits then. He has over 20 offers, but most are in small conferences. He says location is not important and is just focused on fit. His only unofficial visit to date is Georgia.

Isn't it pretty much over from SLU's perspective? 

20 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Isn't it pretty much over from SLU's perspective? 

Recruiting for the 2017 class? Far from it. We have another scholarship left on paper, and my guess is there will be at least another from outgoing transfer(s).

As far as Eastern goes, yes, we're out of it. But I track all players with offers and confirmed interest from SLU.

As far as Thornton goes, we're still in it. We're one of his better offers, actually. That'll probably change over the course of the season, though, and he knows it.

9 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Recruiting for the 2017 class? Far from it. We have another scholarship left on paper, and my guess is there will be at least another from outgoing transfer(s).

As far as Eastern goes, yes, we're out of it. But I track all players with offers and confirmed interest from SLU.

As far as Thornton goes, we're still in it. We're one of his better offers, actually. That'll probably change over the course of the season, though, and he knows it.

i was thinking Tilmon only. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

i was thinking Tilmon only. Sorry. 

Oh, got it. I can't say for certain. I've heard so many things in the last couple weeks. Either his situation has changed dramatically 2-3 times or some of the things we heard were never true to begin with. I honestly never counted on him in the first place, taking an approach of I'll believe it when he signs. So I have not gotten too worked up over this situation. I'll leave that to the Illinois fans.

Anyone speaking with certainty about this situation right now is foolish. If it's taken this many turns in a week, there's a lot more that can happen between now and the spring signing period.

So I'm not counting on Tilmon, but I'm trusting Ford and his staff and their process. We've already got a great 2017 class and it's only going to get better, regardless of how many more people we end up signing in the spring.

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Oh, got it. I can't say for certain. I've heard so many things in the last couple weeks. Either his situation has changed dramatically 2-3 times or some of the things we heard were never true to begin with. I honestly never counted on him in the first place, taking an approach of I'll believe it when he signs. So I have not gotten too worked up over this situation. I'll leave that to the Illinois fans.

Anyone speaking with certainty about this situation right now is foolish. If it's taken this many turns in a week, there's a lot more that can happen between now and the spring signing period.

So I'm not counting on Tilmon, but I'm trusting Ford and his staff and their process. We've already got a great 2017 class and it's only going to get better, regardless of how many more people we end up signing in the spring.

The way I look at it, with Tilmon, we are contending for an A10 title next season. Without him, we are still contending for an NCAA berth. He'd be nice to have for sure, but either way we will be in great shape going into next year, and even better shape the following year.