Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One possibility we may not be considering is that if Tillmon and Groce are tighter than everyone believes, Groce may have told Tillmon not to sign in the fall.  Think about it.  It would help create job security for Groce if the Tillmon signing is hanging on whether or not Groce comes back after the season.  If Groce does get fired, he would either care less where Tillmon went next year or try to use Tillmon as a bargaining chip to try to get his next job.  This speculation is all predicated, of course, on Tillmon and Groce having become very close.

48 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-and this doesn't contemplate Bess, Henriquez or Foreman, jeez, we would be absolutely loaded

Or Bishop. I still have faith he can be a very good player. Probably even more effective as a quick offense guy off the bench. Like a more complete McBroom. 

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

One possibility we may not be considering is that if Tillmon and Groce are tighter than everyone believes, Groce may have told Tillmon not to sign in the fall.  Think about it.  It would help create job security for Groce if the Tillmon signing is hanging on whether or not Groce comes back after the season.  If Groce does get fired, he would either care less where Tillmon went next year or try to use Tillmon as a bargaining chip to try to get his next job.  This speculation is all predicated, of course, on Tillmon and Groce having become very close.

That sure seems plausible... Would benefit both parties. Job security for Groce and Tilmon keeps his options open in the case Groce is fired. 

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

There is a really good reason that theory is not being considered..:(

9 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Or Bishop. I still have faith he can be a very good player. Probably even more effective as a quick offense guy off the bench. Like a more complete McBroom. 

....or ZM or JJ.  We'll know more in a few games, but I think both of them will show to be real players.

Let's assume that we get JT and he stays for 2 years.  Think about that team in 18-19: the 3 transfers, JG,HF, CG, JT, JB, ZM , JJ plus 3 other scholarship players, maybe Watson as one of the three remaining players..  Seriously, that is a Final Four quality team. 

We can dream can't we? 

You wouldn't be able to get your hands on a Billiken ticket w/o being a season ticket holder.  Only problem is that it would no longer "be hard to be a Billiken fan."

42 minutes ago, SShoe said:

Can someone translate for those of us that are over 30?

(I can't believe I'm doing this)

The shape emojis are SLU blue, they don't really mean anything except for symbols in SLU's color, obviously the blue heart means love for the Bills. You'll even see our Athletic department tweet stuff with the blue and white circles. The great than sign means exactly that, I like this one thing better, and I think the baby sign is just calling haters babies.

I have never felt so white.

3 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

The shape emojis are SLU blue, they don't really mean anything except for symbols in SLU's color, obviously the blue heart means love for the Bills. You'll even see our Athletic department tweet stuff with the blue and white circles. The great than sign means exactly that, I like this one thing better, and I think the baby sign is just calling haters babies.

Sig Eps were always smarter than the rest...

7 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

The orange color of the baby sign works perfect in this situation.

22 hours ago, Pistol said:

l

"

The reason that theory that Groce and Tillmon are so BFF is a stretch is that no kid would make that kind of a deal with any coach who could be fired.  He could end up holding the bag either way.  My guess is that Tillmon is simply looking out for #1 and that is what he should be doing.

5 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Also because $LU will bring you a briefcase full of cash. 

They ever think that these kids want to go to SLU so they can play with their buddies, in front of their families and friends, in a great facility, in a solid city based league, on a team using a fun up-tempo offense, at a top academic school for a young coaching staff that has sent players to the NBA?

3 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Schmidt is now suggesting that we offering illegal benefits to Tilmon. Apparently, SLU is now doing all sorts of shady stuff.  More folks should go mess with this guy. 

He compared us to Louisville at one point from an impermissible benefits standpoint. Crazy talk. 

Frank isn't happy with Illinois fans right now.  Started out in segment one talking about getting texts from Illinois guys questioning his integrity for not calling out SLU on clearly cheating.  He said what the rest of us have been saying, is it that difficult to believe a kid who is 20 minutes away from SLU in Goodwin and a kid 5 minutes away from SLU in Tilmon may want to stay close to home.  Ford has proven to recruit McDonald's All Americans before and added Corey Tate who has known these kids since they were 13.  Groce has a terrible record in the Big 10 so it's not like he's stealing kids from Tom Izzo.

Also had to call out Mizzou fans for saying Tate didn't get these kids when he was there but he said he was only there 11 months with a new coach who is unproven at this level and was on a hot seat going into last season.

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

That's approaching Tarkanian-levels of desperation.