Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@mechee89, the posts are satirical.  Typically, on any school's message board, if a recruit chooses another school, they either downgrade the recruit or rationalize that their team's coaches stopped recruiting him (therefore, they didn't really lose out).  The running joke on billikens.com is that if a player the Billikens have been recruiting chooses another school, he's a "tool."  Skip was just adding in, satirically, another stereotypical response.  Very few of us message board morons (MBMs) have any idea whether an offer was ever pulled or stale or how interested a recruit was in SLU.  Or perhaps I should say none of us MBMs know and the few true board insiders ain't tellin'.

Here is the thing about who is and who isn't an insider.  An insider will seldom act like one  and the other will always act like one.  Normally, an insider may know something about a particular situation and may hint at something but they are not someone who knows all that is happening - no one really does unless you are on the MBB staff.  So once in awhile you will see a poster say something and he is probably and insider on that particular issue but then he will go long periods and not share anything close to that because he either does not know or has heard a rumor and he knows it is probably just that.  It won't take you long to figure this out.

PS I wish someone could tell me what I am doing wrong that when I post it keeps showing old posts also - I get it may be my browser but I use Google Chrome and I doubt I am the only one on here who does.

36 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

PS I wish someone could tell me what I am doing wrong that when I post it keeps showing old posts also - I get it may be my browser but I use Google Chrome and I doubt I am the only one on here who does.

.I also use Google Chrome and it does the same thing you  are experiencing. I just delete the old post and write a new one.

12 hours ago, mechee89 said:

The satirical part I understand. I just don't know who all is "in-the-know" on here, as I don't frequent the board as often as others do.

Full disclosure. I am not in the know.

Been hanging around for many years and do know the reaction when a player selects another school. That's about all I know.

39 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Looks like Thornton is going to wait until Spring to make a decision.

Gordon State's Raynere Thornton, who was offered by SLU, will not sign until spring, according to his coach. He has more than 20 offers.

Thanks Stu... good tidbit. Covering recruiting can be fun! This kid is starting to get some big schools interested and there will likely be more in the spring if he has a good season. I'd rather see a center or a PG with that scholarship.