Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hlinason can't jump but he has pretty good coordination for a kid who is 7'1 250lb.  And he's only 18. He's only going to get bigger.  

Last year he was just a backup big on Iceland's U18 squad. Now he's the best big on a U20 squad that just qualified for Division A status for the first time in Iceland's history.  That's quite an improvement in 12 months. If he can refine his post game, he has a chance to be good.

10 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Hlinason can't jump but he has pretty good coordination for a kid who is 7'1 250lb.  And he's only 18. He's only going to get bigger.  

Last year he was just a backup big on Iceland's U18 squad. Now he's the best big on a U20 squad that just qualified for Division A status for the first time in Iceland's history.  That's quite an improvement in 12 months. If he can refine his post game, he has a chance to be good.

Without even watching the highlight video, these posts are making me think Bryce Husak. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

maybe I should watch the highlights

23 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Go watch the highlights and then let us know if and how you changed your opinion gobillsgo.

Watched at your behest, old guy. 

I'm just not that impressed. If he's a legit 7'1", that obviously has his benefits in terms of just getting in the way. Still, he doesn't look particularly skilled, doesn't shoot the ball, and appears to be pretty unathletic (although at 7'1" it can admittedly be difficult to appear athletic.)  

I will trust Ford's judgement on this one, but the thought of this guy going up against a Mo Alie Cox type is scary.

I do not know why you say that Westy, I just checked French's tweets and his retweets. After his announcement he will have decision day tomorrow, he has re tweeted a tweet by UMass recruitiment saying he would choose between the 4 finalista (and listing them). And one retweet from something called UMass Zoo saying they can't wait. There were tweets from what I assume are his friends, and one retweet from NYCHoopsnballs basically saying that he will be choosing between the 4 finalists. That is what he has in his tweet account as of now. Does not seem to me to be pointing to UMass per se.