Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

35 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

What segment was he talking about it, do you know?  

I do find this interesting because it seems similar to the Goodwin situation.  First he heard that SLU is feeling good about their standing and then later comes out and says look for an announcement from him SLU fans will love.  A few weeks ago he talked about how he heard SLU loves their chances with Gordon and Watson and how huge that would be to get a commitment in a few weeks from one or both of them.  Seems crazy early for Gordon to commit so I'll withhold excitement until more comes out but Frank does seem to be close to Ford.

It was toward the end of his opening segment today. Then I texted the show for clarification during segment 3 and that's when he said it was Gordon. Looks like today's show was posted already: http://insidestl.com/radio-shows/the-press-box

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

FWIW, Frank just said on the radio that he wouldn't be surprised if SLU got another huge commitment from a St. Louis kid in the very near future. I only caught the tail end of it though so I'm not sure if he's hearing this or if it's his own speculation. I assume he's talking about a 2018 kid, but I can't say that for sure.

EDIT: He later said it is Carte' Are Gordon, so this news would belong in the 2018 thread. Sounds like it's just speculation on his part, but that would certainly be outstanding news.

That would be great news if it comes true.  Just watching the young man from afar it seemed as if he might want to get away from home for college.  But I think he would be better off staying close to home.  This is a little different than Goodwin tho... He wanted to stay close to home despite the offers he received.

-is Gordon still involved with the SLU women's soccer recruit? this could impact his desire to stay home

-by chance are Gordan and Goodwin buds?

-not to hijack a recruiting thread, but the women's soccer team is having a very nice season, need to keep the coach

16 hours ago, slusam said:

He has a video on his twitter with high lites of all the PSA Cardinals. At the end they list a bunch of schools the players are looking at and I don't see SLU listed.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's probably old.

11 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Would it be a violation if a SLU fan tweeted at Camby (and include French) asking him who he wants to leave UMass to make room?

I don't see why it would be.

17 minutes ago, kwyjibo said:

Hasahn French's school is very close to the Hall of Fame in Springfield, MA (less than a mile).  Read into this what you will but UMass will be having an open practice at the Hoop Hall of Fame Thursday.

This doesnt make me feel too great. 

4 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

How many games did Tatum attend at SLU?

As we've seen with almost all local high school stars (Except Goodwin, praise you, Goodwin) showing up frequently to games and events does not equate to committing. 

I get that.  But its the timing of this that makes me just a little worried. 

11 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

true.

looking on Twitter, looks like Goodwin recently started "following" French and Gordon. 

(I feel very creepy noticing that)

I've seen Goodwin and French mentioned together in a few tweets.

It would be interesting to look back at social media activity with regards to some of the recruits we have been involved with and whether they ended up committing to the school that their social media activity was most focused on. It looks like UMass has some fans tweeting at French fairly consistently (he is more of a local kid for them, so more of their fans know who he is) and he retweets those, but maybe he retweets everything that mentions him. We should enlist a group of students to tweet our primary recruits.

2 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

some conspiracy theories floating around the Illini board with this one 

Without reading the Illini message boards or knowing exactly what these theories are, I heard some unflattering stories about Dee Brown from his playing days (one of my roommates' sisters was an Illinois athlete at the same time).

5 minutes ago, Pistol said:

This is what bothers me the most. The Twitter noise favors UMass.

We don't have anyone tweeting him anything worth retweeting. He retweeted a lot of VCU stuff too. Someone photoshop a picture of him in a SLU jersey. I bet that gets retweeted.