Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TaLBErt said:

Xavier Tillman just committed to Michigan State. I think Marquette will go after French hard now. Could be bad news for us.

Sounds like its a good thing we have him on campus this weekend to lock him up.

Welp. #mubb misses on Tillman. He picks Michigan State. Still some options for Wojo: Hasahn French, Jacob Epperson, Jordan Nwora among them

Don't have any inside info, but I imagine if Marquette doesn't land Tillman, they'll put the clamps down on Hasahn French.

With Wabissa Bede's commitment to VaTech today, the #Minutemen will turn their entire focus for 2017 to PF Hasahn French (@Hasahn22). #UMass

If I'm a player and being recruited by a school, I don't think I'd like the idea of being the fallback option because the player they really want went somewhere else. Maybe some wouldn't care but to me I'd take the school that's been recruiting me the hardest and longest, even if it is perceived as a notch lower. If a player just wants to go to the highest possible school, he should probably wait till the spring signing period. 

1 hour ago, kshoe said:

If I'm a player and being recruited by a school, I don't think I'd like the idea of being the fallback option because the player they really want went somewhere else. Maybe some wouldn't care but to me I'd take the school that's been recruiting me the hardest and longest, even if it is perceived as a notch lower. If a player just wants to go to the highest possible school, he should probably wait till the spring signing period. 

I agree with you. We just have no clue what these kids are thinking.

I want French bad. Especially because most Marquette fans think they have him locked down. Any news on his visit this weekend? Someone with better photoshop skills than I should tweet him a picture of what he would look like in Billiken blue. 

1 hour ago, TaLBErt said:

I agree with you. We just have no clue what these kids are thinking.

I want French bad. Especially because most Marquette fans think they have him locked down. Any news on his visit this weekend? Someone with better photoshop skills than I should tweet him a picture of what he would look like in Billiken blue. 

French is key. Need an impact big recruit. Turner would be great, but need French. 

4 hours ago, kshoe said:

+1. This is a good example of why it's important that we don't aim for unrealistic targets. It's less of a problem (so far) under Ford, but still something the staff needs to keep in mind. 

Fwiw I've heard good things regarding French.

22 minutes ago, For-DaLove said:

+1. This is a good example of why it's important that we don't aim for unrealistic targets. It's less of a problem (so far) under Ford, but still something the staff needs to keep in mind. 

Fwiw I've heard good things regarding French.

Good things meaning a commitment?  

The interpretation of tweets is likely to be (or become) a scholarly subject similar to the interpretation of the most obscure passages of the Bible, or the interpretation of the intentions of the Fed. I do not think we should sweat about it. Despite the disaster wrought by Crews, we are a good program with a good coach, nice facilities, and very highly ranked players who have committed to SLU or are red shirts. French has to see us as a real opportunity to get a lot of play time and to shine alongside others like Goodwin. I have no idea what the attraction of UMass may be to him, but I think we are a very attractive program to him.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

The interpretation of tweets is likely to be (or become) a scholarly subject similar to the interpretation of the most obscure passages of the Bible, or the interpretation of the intentions of the Fed. I do not think we should sweat about it. Despite the disaster wrought by Crews, we are a good program with a good coach, nice facilities, and very highly ranked players who have committed to SLU or are red shirts. French has to see us as a real opportunity to get a lot of play time and to shine alongside others like Goodwin. I have no idea what the attraction of UMass may be to him, but I think we are a very attractive program to him.

Or what candidates mean. Impossible to cipher. UMass had a really good recruiting class this year.