Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever his impression about the lack of fans may have been, he will see the campus, talk with the coaches and the other players, and then he will have to go somewhere by himself and try to figure out where it is that he fits best and what place can offer him the most opportunity. Once that is clear to him the decision will be made with or without hordes of greeting fans. 

Asking "where my fans/people" on social media is an invitation to express your support on social media.  Some athletes engage in that sort of thing to have fun with the recruiting process.  It's nothing to be concerned about. Last I checked kids are still choosing schools based on their relationship with the coach, playing time, TV exposure, etc.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Asking "where my fans/people" on social media is an invitation to express your support on social media.  Some athletes engage in that sort of thing to have fun with the recruiting process.  It's nothing to be concerned about. Last I checked kids are still choosing schools based on their relationship with the coach, playing time, TV exposure, etc.

I agree - I think people are misreading it. I see it as a call for SLU fans to give him love on twitter, not that he expected the Michael Jordan treatment upon arriving in the city.

3 hours ago, kmbilliken said:

It took him a while to get over the fact he was not greeted by a gathering of fans awaiting his arrival at the airport? Is he kidding? Do other programs do that? Do recruits expect that?

1 hour ago, William Iken said:

I agree - I think people are misreading it. I see it as a call for SLU fans to give him love on twitter, not that he expected the Michael Jordan treatment upon arriving in the city.

In my defense, I was not claiming to know the context of Allen's tweet, just translating it.

1 hour ago, Franchise_08 said:

While nice for SLU, I wouldn't say a top 25. 

You're probably right, but Florida was ranked 22nd last year with 3 4* recruits. Goodwin is a Top 50 recruit so that helps.

Of course, only Goodwin is committed, and rankings don't mean wins, but it's a fun thought exercise. 

On 9/24/2016 at 6:19 PM, SLURadioBoy said:

I noticed that SLU is the only school of the finalists that retweeted French's tweet about the finalists so far. It probably doesn't mean anything, but hopefully it means that Dr. B's inside scoop is correct.

It is interesting that Marquette is still in the running as they have already recruited two PFs and a big forward who wants to be considered a SF this class--talking with a Marquette fan over the weekend he thought they are still looking to get another.   French may not be their first choice as they have a visit from a 4-star PF coming but Wojciechowski did visit French's high school last week--maybe Wojo is developing a 4 forward offense or is stockpiling all the PFs in an effort to weaken the Bigger Ten.   Also,  French does lots of unofficial visits to UMass.