Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2016/09/13/hasahn-french-talks-visit-marquette/90331792/

Just saw this article about French discussing his recent visit to Marquette.  His responses were kind of neutral, not overly positive and not negative either.  He did say he will most likely be signing in the early signing period.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, BuiltFordBills said:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2016/09/13/hasahn-french-talks-visit-marquette/90331792/

Just saw this article about French discussing his recent visit to Marquette.  His responses were kind of neutral, not overly positive and not negative either.  He did say he will most likely be signing in the early signing period.

Buried in the article is a link to a Marquette VC, who appears to play the same position as Hasahn.  Then, even deeper in the links, Marquette already have a second Power Player with a VC.  Should French elect Marquette, someone isn't going to get much playing time.

36 minutes ago, BuiltFordBills said:

And I'll say it again... it would be nice if our beat writer would put together a little Q&A like this with a visiting recruit.

32 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Buried in the article is a link to a Marquette VC, who appears to play the same position as Hasahn.  Then, even deeper in the links, Marquette already have a second Power Player with a VC.  Should French elect Marquette, someone isn't going to get much playing time.

Why does Marquette need venture capitalists on its team? Are they in need of funding? 

French also seems to have UNLV and UMass in the mix (the MJS article mentions he wants to take 5 official visits).  VCU is also mentioned. This is from New England Recruiting Report:

Hasahn French took an official visit to Marquette over the weekend and had head coaches from Saint Louis and VCU in the gym on Monday. UNLV, Minnesota and UMass are all making strong pushes as well. Expect for French to take some more visits and then look to zero in on a couple of schools before making his final decision.

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/recruitments-winding-down

54 minutes ago, kwyjibo said:

French also seems to have UNLV and UMass in the mix (the MJS article mentions he wants to take 5 official visits).  VCU is also mentioned. This is from New England Recruiting Report:

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/recruitments-winding-down

I like how he talks about his defense before his offense.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Okay, I give up. What's a VC?

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

The ones that stand still are the well disciplined VC.....

LOL, nice full metal jacket quote.

26 minutes ago, CBFan said:

LOL, nice full metal jacket quote.

Yes, well played.

Door Gunner: Git some! Git some! Git some, yeah, yeah, yeah! Anyone who runs, is a VC. Anyone who stands still, is a well-disciplined VC! You guys oughta do a story about me sometime!

Private Joker: Why should we do a story about you?

Door Gunner: 'Cuz I'm so f--kin' good! I done got me 157 dead killed. Plus 50 water buffalo, too! Them's all confirmed!

Private Joker: Any women or children?

Door Gunner: Sometimes!

Private Joker: How can you shoot women or children?

Door Gunner: Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?

39 minutes ago, kwyjibo said:

French down to 6 (not 5)--all the schools mentioned in NERR post (Marquette not officially out):

Interesting mix of schools. Also notable that we are running against 2 other A10 schools.

I think its curious that there are 2 inner city Jesuit Unis in this group, and the young man is from Massachusetts, and BC isn't in the mix. Sad state of hoops on the heights.

2 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

Interesting mix of schools. Also notable that we are running against 2 other A10 schools.

I think its curious that there are 2 inner city Jesuit Unis in this group, and the young man is from Massachusetts, and BC isn't in the mix. Sad state of hoops on the heights.

Every school is located in sizable metro area.  It seems French is one of those kids Ford was talking about who prefer the city schools.

Hasahn French is from Middletown, NY (70 miles from NYC) and played AAU ball with NY teams.   He is playing school ball in Springfield, MA (30 mins from Amherst)--his school is a bit unique (or shady depending on your point of view) in that it is a mix of charter school and prep school.  It makes sense that his schools reflect a desire to go to an urban school but keeps UMass in the loop because of several unofficial visits there (he has played with 2 current UMass players I think).

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Brianstl, UMass is not in a sizable metro area it is located in Amherst, MA, a town whose main function is to support several colleges and Universities. Not large, about 2 hours West of Boston, past Springfield, MA. 

And Richmond is a s***hole so he should probably cross them out also