Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

Ah, actually talking about basketball rather than trolls.

FWIW, Scouts rates the William Douglass interest in SLU as Low. 

He has Allen, French, Joiner, Hollingsworth and Caldwell as all Medium interest.  It looks like there is no "High" interest rating used.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Ah, actually talking about basketball rather than trolls.

FWIW, Scouts rates the William Douglass interest in SLU as Low. 

He has Allen, French, Joiner, Hollingsworth and Caldwell as all Medium interest.  It looks like there is no "High" interest rating used.

Never really paid attention to interest ratings. The fact Allen has visited and French is coming, shows interest is high.

59 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Never really paid attention to interest ratings. The fact Allen has visited and French is coming, shows interest is high.

I know some of those sites use high interest when a player has announced his final list and the schools on that list change to high with the others moving to low or will base it on the schools that a kid is taking his official visits too (essentially a final list). I wouldn't put much weight into the interest level reported on those sites beyond that since I don't think they are actively adjusted.

I do think following the predictions on 247sports gives you a good idea what way a kid is perceived to be leaning as they get closer to their decision date, typically something is leaked.

20 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I know some of those sites use high interest when a player has announced his final list and the schools on that list change to high with the others moving to low or will base it on the schools that a kid is taking his official visits too (essentially a final list). I wouldn't put much weight into the interest level reported on those sites beyond that since I don't think they are actively adjusted.

I do think following the predictions on 247sports gives you a good idea what way a kid is perceived to be leaning as they get closer to their decision date, typically something is leaked.

Pretty much this. I virtually never pay attention to the interest level shown on those sites except in the circumstances TCO states. Otherwise, they just don't mean much and they're impossible to gauge in reality, anyway. For example, a guy may have just visited a school but mentally eliminated it because he didn't like it. On paper, it looks like there is high mutual interest but in reality it might be the opposite. You just can't tell. So I've found those to be mostly worthless.

FWIW, in the most recent interview I could find with Douglas, he lists SLU among the dozen or so schools in his recruiting picture at the moment.

22 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Do we know which other schools Allen has taken a visit to?

247sports does a pretty good job tracking when kids are offered or take visits and they don't list any other unofficial visits for Allen of late beyond the SLU visit (he took an unofficial visit to East Carolina back in May) nor any scheduled visits.

On 8/14/2016 at 1:39 PM, JMM28 said:

Just wait until Groce gets fired after this year. Then there will really be some nail biting going on there with Tillmon. 

Well if I understand the LOI situation correctly, once he signs it this Fall then IL would have to release him if he changes his mind and wants to go elsewhere.  If they do not then he has two options go to IL or Junior College.  This is what happened to Harrellson when he changed his mind about Western IL and wanted to come to SLU.  They would not release him so he had to go to Junior College for a year and we lost him to KY after supposedly Brad had been told that he was going to KY just to party and would sign with us when he returned.  

On 8/16/2016 at 6:33 PM, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Is this really happening... Somebody smack me.

Something happened in KY that changed his mind.

I think Majerus was recruiting Harrelson when all that went down. Brad had his shot at Harrelson but told him he was going to wait until the spring. That's when Harrelson signed w/ the mid major.

Not sure about this but if the coach that recruited you leaves before you start school doesn't the player have the option to opt out of his LOI?

On 8/23/2016 at 10:08 AM, Pistol said:

Here's the bio I have on Allen. VC shows us as having offered on 4/26/16.

Thomas Allen

SG, 6-2, 180

Garner, NC (Brewster Academy, NH)

Offers: SLU, VCU, Rhode Island, George Mason, Xavier, Illinois, Nebraska, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, NC State, Texas A&M, Cincinnati, East Carolina, Murray State, Old Dominion, Monmouth, North Dakota, James Madison, High Point, Campbell, Longwood.

Interest: Miami, USC, Charlotte, Tulsa.

Latest News: Allen took an unofficial visit to SLU in August.

Scouting Report: Allen is a scoring guard and shooter with range who wants to take the big shot. He’s an active, smart on- and off-ball defender who creates turnovers and racks up steals.

Twitter: @TGABFY

12 hours ago, Westy03 said:

image.jpeg

-we are listed with Big 10 and ACC schools in this graphic, as Cheeseman says Coach Ford is aiming high, interesting to see from Pistol's offer list who is not in this graphic

-let's make it happen

26 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I think Majerus was recruiting Harrelson when all that went down. Brad had his shot at Harrelson but told him he was going to wait until the spring. That's when Harrelson signed w/ the mid major.

Not sure about this but if the coach that recruited you leaves before you start school doesn't the player have the option to opt out of his LOI?

Actually, RM never recruited Harrelson.  Brad did as you said at first but then he was stood up by Harrelson when Harrelson chose KY.  Losing that recruiting battle was one of the nails in Brad's coffin.

10 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Actually, RM never recruited Harrelson.  Brad did as you said at first but then he was stood up by Harrelson when Harrelson chose KY.  Losing that recruiting battle was one of the nails in Brad's coffin.

This is not true. Harrellson took a visit to SLU during Majerus tenure 

6 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

This awhile ago but this how I remember it:

Didn't Sodie ignore Harrelson and Harrelson signed with WIU? Then when Majerus came into the picture, Harrelson wanted to drop his commitment with WIU and sign with SLU. WIU would not let him out so he spent a year at SW Community College. Had a really promising year and UK came into the picture. How do you turn down the Wildcats?

Saw the video on Allen.  Nice player...great shooter.  Wouldn't that be a small backcourt tho with him and Goodwin?  Because unless Goodwin grew a few inches this summer he's not 6'4 as some have listed.  I like the moves Ford has made so far...things are looking up for SLU.

5 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Saw the video on Allen.  Nice player...great shooter.  Wouldn't that be a small backcourt tho with him and Goodwin?  Because unless Goodwin grew a few inches this summer he's not 6'4 as some have listed.  I like the moves Ford has made so far...things are looking up for SLU.

Not really, particularly in the A10. Goodwin has a large frame for a PG - Jett didn't have much height but was much bigger than everyone he faced, at roughly the same weight - and Allen is a little on the short side, but not much. Keep in mind we also have a wing in Henriquez who loves to shoot from the perimeter and measures 6-6.

I'd take talent over size any day, and Goodwin and Allen would have a shot to be the most talented backcourt in the league as freshmen.