Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the bio I have on Allen. VC shows us as having offered on 4/26/16.

Thomas Allen

SG, 6-2, 180

Garner, NC (Brewster Academy, NH)

Offers: SLU, VCU, Rhode Island, George Mason, Xavier, Illinois, Nebraska, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, NC State, Texas A&M, Cincinnati, East Carolina, Murray State, Old Dominion, Monmouth, North Dakota, James Madison, High Point, Campbell, Longwood.

Interest: Miami, USC, Charlotte, Tulsa.

Latest News: Allen took an unofficial visit to SLU in August.

Scouting Report: Allen is a scoring guard and shooter with range who wants to take the big shot. He’s an active, smart on- and off-ball defender who creates turnovers and racks up steals.

Twitter: @TGABFY

19 minutes ago, bauman said:

That is quite a list of schools which have made offers.  I wonder what would be the draw for Allen to SLU?  It would seem like he is a long shot (no pun intended) at best.

that's a Crews mentality..... New Era 

21 minutes ago, bauman said:

That is quite a list of schools which have made offers.  I wonder what would be the draw for Allen to SLU?  It would seem like he is a long shot (no pun intended) at best.

Somebody posted on the previous page that he was quoted as saying he has known Macon since 8th grade and is close to him.  

1 hour ago, bauman said:

Have some pride my man. We can do this. Cody Ellis and Rob Loe had a lot of very good offers too. In those cases, the kids had a good relationship with one of our assistants and that is the case with this kid. We just landed a Top 50 recruit and several quality transfers. There are several things that could be a draw. I'm more surprised why a quality recruit would consider Illinois at this point.

On 8/23/2016 at 7:08 AM, RiseAndGrind said:

Funny, He did remind me of McCall

If he can play D off the ball as good as McCall, then he is really a stud.  The defensive ability individually and ability to play defense as a team is what really made that Jett, McCall, Loe, & Evans group special.

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

A.J. Caldwell and William Douglas are new names to me. I'll get them on the interest list shortly.

I think the offer from SLU might be an error (for now, anyway) and the VT offer is stale:

A.J. Caldwell

SG, 6-4, 180

Sarasota, FL (Riverview)

Offers: FGCU, Bucknell, Iona, Lehigh, Vermont, William & Mary, North Florida, Jacksonville, South Alabama.

Interest: SLU, Virginia Tech.

Latest News: None.

Scouting Report: Caldwell is a shooter with good size and deep range. He can shoot off the catch or the dribble with confidence and consistency. He’s a smart off-the-ball player who understands spacing at both ends.

Twitter: @A_caldwell44

William Douglas

SG, 6-5, 180

Memphis, TN (Christian Brothers)

Offers: SLU, Marquette, Florida State, Alabama, Ole Miss, TCU, Oregon, Memphis, UNLV, Illinois State, Valpo, Tennessee State, South Alabama.

Interest: Virginia, Georgia Tech, Michigan, Auburn, SMU.

Latest News: As expected, new Memphis coach Tubby Smith offered Douglas over the summer.

Scouting Report: Douglas is an unselfish leader and hard worker with the ability to score in a variety of ways. He plays the 1, 2, and 3 but expects to play more of a point role in college. He’s athletic and his size allows him to create mismatches on both ends.

Twitter: @youngkid_will