Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

Offer list updates:

-Nate Pierre-Louis visited Seton Hall; Purdue and Vandy are next. Those three appear to be the leaders at this point, although he has gotten recent interest from Syracuse, Indiana, Kentucky, Florida, Oregon, and Pitt. SLU doesn't appear to be involved anymore.

-Monmouth is the only other school to offer Isaiah Coleman-Lands since SLU did a couple months ago, but he still has a lot of A10, Big East, and Big Ten interest.

-Tray Hollowell also has a lot of high-level interest, but the schools showing the most over the past two months have been ETSU, Morehead State, Dartmouth, and Wright State).

-Elijah Joiner now has an Iowa State offer. He is said to be up to 20 offers, but I can only verify 18.

-Nojel Eastern's recruitment is extremely competitive right now. Michigan has offered and he loved his visit there. He's also being prioritized by Michigan State, Xavier, Northwestern, Illinois, Purdue, Iowa State, DePaul, and Ohio State, and possibly others. I think SLU is out of this race.

-We've already discussed Goodwin's top 7, and are enjoying our new and improved status in his recruitment.

-Keith Williams has new offers from Rhode Island, Cincinnati, and Loyola Marymount. It's unclear who his favorites are.

-Thomas Allen got offers this summer from Rhode Island, George Mason, Xavier, Illinois, Nebraska, NC State, Texas A&M, Old Dominion, and Monmouth. When we offered, VCU was the only other offer of note. As things have gotten crowded here, it's unclear where SLU stands.

-Taveion Hollingsworth visited Louisville, WKU, Wright State, and Dayton this summer. He has high-level interest but SLU remains his best offer; Coastal Carolina and Murray State were the last two to offer.

-Duquesne offered both Anthony Mack and Matt Turner of Blair Academy, just like SLU did. Not much other news on these two.

-Aaron Wheeler has a few more offers since SLU and the other A10 schools got in the mix: Richmond, Pitt, Temple, Charlotte, and FGCU.

-Wyatt Wilkes trimmed his list to 5: Mizzou, Creighton, Florida State, Butler, and Georgia Tech.

-RaiQuan Gray announced his top 6: Maryland, Ole Miss, Baylor, Memphis, Virginia Tech, and Florida State.

-Koby Thomas said he plans to visit Arkansas, Tennessee, Temple, Rutgers, and VCU. Only VCU has offered so far from that group. He said Iona is his sixth. He believes the others are close to offering, and said that he hasn't officially trimmed his list and that there's still a little time for others to get involved.

-Elijah Childs has offers from Indiana State and Loyola-Chicago to go along with SLU; haven't been able to confirm any others yet, but I believe there are at least a few.

-Since reclassifying as a 2017 recruit, Antwan Walker received offers from Cincinnati, Georgia Tech, and Old Dominion. He visited Georgetown in June. He'll take his prep year at Hargrave.

-Tyler Polley continues to rack up offers; since SLU did, Pitt, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma State, and UConn all extended offers. He hasn't officially cut his list, but said his top 5 are Pitt, Dayton, UConn, Tennessee, and Oklahoma State.

-Zach Gunn has had a very good summer with his Indy Hoosiers AAU squad, showing an elite ability from 3 with NBA range, but no new offers.

-Justyn Mutts got a lot of attention online because of a putback dunk over Victor Oladipo at the NBA player's skills camp this summer. He has 8 A10 offers, along with Temple, Old Dominion, and others.

-Malik Williams announced his final 8: Louisville, UCLA, Purdue, Michigan, Iowa, Indiana, Georgetown, NC State.

-Isaac Kante added some more A10 offers - Duquesne, St. Bonaventure - and K-State is interested.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post Pistol.  Some of those kids I was unfamiliar with.  Appreciate your research.  Eastern and Gunn are good kids.  Gunn has been shooting since 3rd grade lol.  I really like Eastern's development over the years....plus I think he's like 6'4-6'5 now.  

Hearing that Tate is on the move locally on the recruiting tip...hopefully we hear some good news on that front.

17 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Great post Pistol.  Some of those kids I was unfamiliar with.  Appreciate your research.  Eastern and Gunn are good kids.  Gunn has been shooting since 3rd grade lol.  I really like Eastern's development over the years....plus I think he's like 6'4-6'5 now.  

Hearing that Tate is on the move locally on the recruiting tip...hopefully we hear some good news on that front.

I like both of those guys, too; only issue is that they were Crews-era offers. I think we're 100% out of the running on Eastern, and I don't know if we've refreshed our offer or interest in Gunn. His stock hasn't quite gone to the level I'd expected this year; I don't know why his offers have dried up.

17 hours ago, Box and Won said:

Gotta get this one.

Just purely playing the odds, he should wind up in the A10. Over half of A10 programs have offered, representing half of his offers, and the bulk of the better ones. Whether or not we can make him a Billiken, who knows. I think he's a guy Ford would like though. Raw, very athletic. He's floating just under the high-major radar at this point.

1 hour ago, slusam said:

Pistol, any news on Hasan French?

Not really since he trimmed his list to 13 this weekend. SLU is one of them, but I know he's a major priority for several of the others, too, like VCU, Minnesota, and Georgia Tech. The key will be getting one of his official visits; he was on campus for the EYBL in June and had his unofficial, so I'm not sure if we're going to get a repeat visit or not. He might want to see some of the others first. He's going to VCU this weekend, I believe. We're very much in the mix but it's certainly still a little crowded.

Also, I saw a blurb this morning that says he has 6-11 wingspan to go with his 6-7, 225-lb. frame. With his combo of size and athleticism, coaches have used him to guard three positions.

Edit: To clarify, French's 13 finalists are SLU, Temple, Umass, UNLV, Minnesota, Georgia Tech, Seton Hall, Providence, VCU, Marquette, USC, St. John's, and Arizona State.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Just purely playing the odds, he should wind up in the A10. Over half of A10 programs have offered, representing half of his offers, and the bulk of the better ones. Whether or not we can make him a Billiken, who knows. I think he's a guy Ford would like though. Raw, very athletic. He's floating just under the high-major radar at this point.

The thought of Justyn Mutts dogging the Billikens for four years as a member of some other A10 program makes me sad.

8 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Just heard on Frank's show that he has also heard that SLU may be the favorite for Goodwin now. He's also heard that SLU is interested in playing him at the point. Have those of you who have seen him play think he could handle the point?

Frank has heard that SLU is landing everyone

12 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Just heard on Frank's show that he has also heard that SLU may be the favorite for Goodwin now. He's also heard that SLU is interested in playing him at the point. Have those of you who have seen him play think he could handle the point?

Taking the "Look what I did for Marcus Smart" approach. 

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

I like both of those guys, too; only issue is that they were Crews-era offers. I think we're 100% out of the running on Eastern, and I don't know if we've refreshed our offer or interest in Gunn. His stock hasn't quite gone to the level I'd expected this year; I don't know why his offers have dried up.

Weak handles and slow of foot for a wing player. Big enough to get his shot off in the A10.  Power 5 programs look at him as a tweener.

2 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

-Frank will give the program attention, I like that from him

1 minute ago, Cowboy said:

-Frank will give the program attention, I like that from him

I agree.  There is nobody else that will even mention SLU recruiting Goodwin so I would rather hear from Frank even though he is biased.  He also did mention how great it would be if Goodwin goes to SLU and then Tillmon decides to change from Illinois to SLU.  

Corey Tate will be on his program tomorrow I believe.  

Gray had already trimmed his list, but just like Malik Williams (Louisville), the commitment came earlier than expected.

No surprise for Polley; he'd listed some favorites and we weren't one of them.

Just now, brianstl said:

I am sure Pickett and Tilmon are questioning themselves as they see their good friend trashed by the fan base of the program they committed to.

There would be nothing better than message board morons ultimately leading a kid to reconsider his commitment. We should almost make up accounts masked as fans of rival programs and attack recruits. Fortunately on this one the Illinois fans are doing even better than we could.

Congrats to Goodwin.  Proud of the young man.  I've watched him grow and mature as a person and a player over the years.  It will interesting to see if he can make the transition to pg (if that's true) and still maintain the level of production we're use to seeing from him.