Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

Has anyone watched Wyatt Yess at all this season? I was looking at his stats and they are not overly impressive considering his size and the league he plays in - averaging 16.0 points (shooting 42.9% from the field, 27.9% from 3, and 76.9% from the free throw line), 8.5 rebounds, 1.95 assists, 1.38 steals, and 2.05 blocks.

A buddy of mine who GOES TO SEE THE KIDS PLAY tells me we should stay away. Which probably means he is Crews' No. 1 priority right now.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

word is tillmon is coming back to the area and will enroll at althoff to play his senior season with jordan goodwin. tillmon has apparently straightened out his academic concerns (anyone at east st louis will have academic concerns, so not his fault neccesarily) at the elite prep school near chicago. fyi, tillmon is a high high high D-1 target if he is free of academic issues.

if i am the new billiken coach, i'd live at althoff chasing tillmon, goodwin and bateman. the three of them would likely be our best recruiting class ever. a combination signing like that is an automatic turnaround by our billikens. goodwin is the upgrade of butler's roosevelt jones, bateman is the best high school shooter i have seen since claggett was at venice. putting them with tillmon is lethal at the high school level and all three would be starter worthy for the billikens immediately.

but you can bet we are way behind with goodwin and tillmon right now and it will take a lot of work to win them over now considering the botched job crews did not enthusiastically pursuing. maybe a fab three type approach proclaiming them the center pieces of the billiken resurrection and being close to home is what is needed to get back in their graces.

word is tillmon is coming back to the area and will enroll at althoff to play his senior season with jordan goodwin. tillmon has apparently straightened out his academic concerns (anyone at east st louis will have academic concerns, so not his fault neccesarily) at the elite prep school near chicago. fyi, tillmon is a high high high D-1 target if he is free of academic issues.

if i am the new billiken coach, i'd live at althoff chasing tillmon, goodwin and bateman. the three of them would likely be our best recruiting class ever. a combination signing like that is an automatic turnaround by our billikens. goodwin is the upgrade of butler's roosevelt jones, bateman is the best high school shooter i have seen since claggett was at venice. putting them with tillmon is lethal at the high school level and all three would be starter worthy for the billikens immediately.

but you can bet we are way behind with goodwin and tillmon right now and it will take a lot of work to win them over now considering the botched job crews did not enthusiastically pursuing. maybe a fab three type approach proclaiming them the center pieces of the billiken resurrection and being close to home is what is needed to get back in their graces.

At least a new coach will be able to say ... I don't understand why SLU wasn't all in on you guys early. Obviously, I think it was a huge mistake and you guys are now my #'s 1, 2, and 3 priority. I'm new and can't help the past, but come be our future.

At least a new coach will be able to say ... I don't understand why SLU wasn't all in on you guys early. Obviously, I think it was a huge mistake and you guys are now my #'s 1, 2, and 3 priority. I'm new and can't help the past, but come be our future.

exactly skip.

Even If Tilmon is not coming back to the area - the new coach should be calling Greg Lieb before he is even introduced. New coach has to rebuild the relationships destroyed by Crews. BRoy, did you see any of the Billiken staff this past season at any of the 3 Belleville schools?

Well crews was at the viany tourney early in the season to see gordon and would have seen freshman ej liddell from west outplay gordon. As far as I know he never saw aNY of althoff games or east games. Sad with all three schools having billiken worthy players

Crews saw Liddell play, but only because it was when they were playing Vianney, and there to see Gordon. No one I've spoken with saw any coaches from SLU at an Althoff game this year. Shameful. And we won't have a coach in time for the state tournament next weekend where I guarantee you half the Big 10 will have coaches sitting courtside.

Crews saw Liddell play, but only because it was when they were playing Vianney, and there to see Gordon. No one I've spoken with saw any coaches from SLU at an Althoff game this year. Shameful. And we won't have a coach in time for the state tournament next weekend where I guarantee you half the Big 10 will have coaches sitting courtside.

Won't half the big 10 be playing next weekend?

Well crews was at the viany tourney early in the season to see gordon and would have seen freshman ej liddell from west outplay gordon. As far as I know he never saw aNY of althoff games or east games. Sad with all three schools having billiken worthy players

He didnt need to. He had Brett Jolly.

Crews did watch Goodwin all summer (Goodwin played on tatum's excellent eagles team) but crews was very slow in offering a scholarship. Felt he was too short for his natural position. (Hey crews maybe a high school junior to be can get better at guard skills in two years?)

Regardless Roosevelt Jones was proof Goodwin will be good D1 player regardless how much better he gets on the wing. My guess is Goodwin develops a 3 point shot and gets better with the ball he is a top 20 wing guard. Goodwin is proof crews was clueless

Crews did watch Goodwin all summer (Goodwin played on tatum's excellent eagles team) but crews was very slow in offering a scholarship. Felt he was too short for his natural position. (Hey crews maybe a high school junior to be can get better at guard skills in two years?)

Regardless Roosevelt Jones was proof Goodwin will be good D1 player regardless how much better he gets on the wing. My guess is Goodwin develops a 3 point shot and gets better with the ball he is a top 20 wing guard. Goodwin is proof crews was clueless

Unbelievable. Crews sucked.

Get Goodwin here.

Althoff wins state tourney in a 25 point romp. Goodwin leading scorer again. Crews f'd up big time. Too bad we didn't have a coach there to watch.