Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Billiken4life5 said:

Don't know how Ford would manage it scholarship wise but with Larry Brown stepping down one would think Jimmy Whitt would be back in play

Maybe not. Given that Tim Jankovich has been the "head coach in waiting" ever since Brown was hired, you'd think a kid would go into this with the realization that Brown wouldn't be there their whole career.

6 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Maybe not. Given that Tim Jankovich has been the "head coach in waiting" ever since Brown was hired, you'd think a kid would go into this with the realization that Brown wouldn't be there their whole career.

Good point, though Brown quit because they wouldn't give him a 5 year contract from what it sounds like. So Brown very well could have been telling recruits he was there to stay.  Just saying a school with ncaa sanctions and the coach you expected to play for is gone could reopen the door

13 hours ago, Billiken4life5 said:

Good point, though Brown quit because they wouldn't give him a 5 year contract from what it sounds like. So Brown very well could have been telling recruits he was there to stay.  Just saying a school with ncaa sanctions and the coach you expected to play for is gone could reopen the door

Only if SMU lets the kid out of the schollie if the only reason is the coach left.

• 3 months later...
32 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

That number 0 was a pretty sleek choice 

-I looked at CBSSports and below the story that doesn't say much there is a headline about 8 coaches on the hot seat and three are mentioned, MN, ILL and Mizzou, we had or have recent recruiting battles with all

6 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-I looked at CBSSports and below the story that doesn't say much there is a headline about 8 coaches on the hot seat and three are mentioned, MN, ILL and Mizzou, we had or have recent recruiting battles with all

Yep, SPUMAC and ILL should be easy to recruit against these days... Groce has still been able to recruit well for some reason (must be the bags of cash) - those verbal commits like Tillmon should reconsider before signing on the dotted line in a few weeks.

• 2 months later...

https://theringer.com/jayson-tatums-old-game-could-use-some-new-tricks-c37f49bb21b8?source=linkShare-fbbcc0d7697c-1484764221

New article on the former FBJT. I find it interesting that Tatum is shooting so poorly this year. He is doing most of his damage on drives and at the line, not with his jumper. Honestly, if I'm a scout I look at his form and think his shot will come around and that it's good to see he can work around his poor shooting with crafty drives. Not sure if Tjarks (the author) realizes that no one ever thought athleticism was his forte, and pro scouts had thought there was a decent chance he'd just end up as a sniper. Also, his defensive contribution is better than I would've expected. 

On 1/17/2017 at 11:43 AM, brianstl said:

Does anyone know what has become of Jason Draggs?  He was supposed to play at Mineral Area and he isn't listed on their roster.

Super talented but my guess is we never hear from him again.