Recruiting - 2016

As for Wellmer, those who saw him in practice last year seem to think he's a game changer. Why? He didn't exactly tear it up his one year in prep school.

I never saw Elliott's Bridgton prep stats. You obviously have. Can you post a link?

I know he made the all NE Region Prep team but never saw a single stat.

Thanks.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, don't have any. But in his notes on SLU Billikens it gives his HS stats, 16ppg & 8rpg, but nothing for Bridgton Academy. I understand you defend everything Hoosier, but I was just asking a question since many on here think he's going to be pretty good. Just wondering why they're making that assessment.

Nope, don't have any. But in his notes on SLU Billikens it gives his HS stats, 16ppg & 8rpg, but nothing for Bridgton Academy. I understand you defend everything Hoosier, but I was just asking a question since many on here think he's going to be pretty good. Just wondering why they're making that assessment.

There's a difference between being good, and being better than Jolly, Gillman, and Neufeld.

Personally I didn't get to see him at practice last year but people did seem impressed by him but to add to that, just recently when Ford was being interviewed by Frank and he mentioned a few of the current players, he did specifically call out how impressed he's been with Welmer and that he has unbelievable potential. How he'll be I have no idea but since Ford didn't recruit him, I wouldn't have been surprised if he just mentioned it'll take time to see on all the players but I thought that call out was interesting and that would be reason why I think he has chance to be a pretty good player for us.

Sorry, I thought since you were commenting on Welmer's time in prep school, he didn't actually tear it up his one year in prep school, you had some facts. Yes, being a fellow Hoosier, I was interested in gaining some knowledge from you. But I was wrong to ask. You have no facts, just another glass half empty comment.

For those fifth-year players, prep school stats are hard to come by. The occasional box score is all we saw for Welmer. But keep in mind those teams can be loaded with future D-I players, so modest numbers are the norm and aren't a good indicator of future college production.

Based on seeing Welmer at those Bahamas practices last summer, I think he could be a pretty good player. He's thin and looks like he needs weight and muscle so he might wear down as the season goes on, but I think he'll be a really good player for us both next year and throughout his career. Yes, HoosierPal - I am optimistic on Welmer.

Based on seeing Welmer at those Bahamas practices last summer, I think he could be a pretty good player. He's thin and looks like he needs weight and muscle so he might wear down as the season goes on, but I think he'll be a really good player for us both next year and throughout his career. Yes, HoosierPal - I am optimistic on Welmer.

OMG. What next, a non-negative comment on Jolly?

Sorry, I thought since you were commenting on Welmer's time in prep school, he didn't actually tear it up his one year in prep school, you had some facts. Yes, being a fellow Hoosier, I was interested in gaining some knowledge from you. But I was wrong to ask. You have no facts, just another glass half empty comment.[/quote

I was in no way knocking Wellmer. Simply asking those who saw his practices what did he show that made them think he'd be a significant contributor. My comment about nothing special was based solely on hearing nothing about him. Plus, I'm sure if he'd lit it up at Bridgton it would have been mentioned in his roster notes. You'll have to forgive me if I'm a half full guy when it comes to Indiana. You can thank Mr Crews for that.

Multiple people have told me they expect Welmer to be a stud based on how he has looked recently. I'm still skeptical, but we shall see.

The motto for Missouri is appropriately: show me. I do hope you are right. Now, if memory serves me correct, this Board was high on Welmer, then somewhat down on him only to now be quite high on him based upon how he played in the preseason. I remain hopeful with not only Wellmer but also with Neufeld, Bishop, Roby and the incoming local freshman.

Now, I do hope the multiple people who have talked with you are not the same people who said Corey Fraiser would be better than Highmark and Claggett, that Greg Hardin is an offensive scoring machine and that Crews' recruiting was so good that he landed a true gem in Ash Yacoubou who was the highest rated recruit since Larry Hughes and wondering how Villanova let him get away. Turned out that Ash a decent (not great) player and that Villanova had a pretty good ball club without Ash. B)

It's interesting that many of us think we need a solid 5, when we already have two scholarships tied up with that position, AG and MN. If we actually do need to recruit an A-10 quality recruit, then it seems like we need one of those two, probably AG, to become more of a 4 and compete with EW for that spot. In either case, both AG and EW need to add some strength and weight to become at least a minor force on the boards. Hopefully Moore can pick up some minutes at the 3 as a backup to MC next year and be good enough to start there his sophomore year, or at least compete at that time with a transfer or, better than average, freshman recruit.

Whitt would fit in perfectly as a SG the following year after sitting out this year.

He was more fluid and athletic than I expected. Good range and a real nice shot.

Tx, Box, that's what I was searching for. I hope he's as good as Cody, but only time will tell. Forgive me for being just a tad skeptical of any player Crews and Platt recruited. I think that's fair after two 11 win seasons.

UCF transfer Adonys Henriquez told @CBSSports he will visit Pitt on Wednesday & SLU next weekend. Visits Utah next Monday. TCU also in mix.

Intriguing player. Four-star recruit by some rankings out of HS. Two-year starter, averaged 10 ppg his first two seasons. Had a great freshman season, seemed to regress a bit as a sophomore. Ford seems to have some recruiting connections in Florida.

Henriquez is really intriguing. Big guard (6-6, 210) who likes to score from the perimeter. He played 35 MPG as a freshman, down to 31.7 MPG as a sophomore. Started every game he's appeared in, but missed a few down the stretch due to a leg injury. Originally committed to Miami out of high school, but stayed home in Orlando because his younger brother suffers from kidney failure and needs regular dialysis (he's had two transplants already). So the decision to transfer is an interesting one for that reason, particularly listing four schools that far away from home.