Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Caesar DeJesus: SG, 6-2, 165, Teaneck, NJ (Mt. Zion)Offers: SLU, George Mason, UCF, Southern Miss, Winthrop, Chattanooga, Maine, North Texas, Robert Morris, Canisius, Mount St. Mary’s. Interest: Iowa State, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Baylor, K-State, Florida State, Memphis, Quinnipiac, Rider. Latest News: DeJesus picked up SLU and UCF offers in April. Scouting Report: DeJesus is a confident scorer from all over the floor, with a solid perimeter game and the ability to go to the rim. He spent this season working on becoming a more complete guard, focusing on ball handling and getting his teammates involved.

Jalen Johnson: SF, 6-7, 195, Baton Rouge, LA (University)Offers: SLU, Richmond, Clemson, South Carolina, Southern Miss, South Florida, UTEP, Tulane, FIU, Buffalo, UT-Martin, Southeastern Louisiana, Southern. Interest: Arkansas, LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss, Baylor, Houston, Rice, Murray State, Louisiana Tech, Furman. Latest News: Johnson picked up offers from Southern Miss, UTEP, and SLU in April. Scouting Report: Johnson is an athletic high-scoring lefty who scores in a variety of ways and rebounds well on the defensive end. He’s a solid but limited defender who also needs to crash the offensive boards more. Johnson was named Outstanding Player of the 3A all-state basketball team after leading University to its third straight Louisiana state title. Twitter: @He_WasntReady20

DeJesus is a fifth-year prep school kid. He's always been pegged as a big-time scorer but seems to understand his limitations due to his size, so he took the prep year to focus on point guard skills. In the meantime, his recruitment has gone up a few notches, from having offers from small northeastern schools to having interest from a lot of BCS programs.

Johnson won three straight state championships in Louisiana, and was named the outstanding player of the most recent state tournament. He's a lefty, good scorer, solid rebounder.

Both come across as good kids in what I can find about them.

Caesar DeJesus: SG, 6-2, 165, Teaneck, NJ (Mt. Zion)Offers: SLU, George Mason, UCF, Southern Miss, Winthrop, Chattanooga, Maine, North Texas, Robert Morris, Canisius, Mount St. Mary’s. Interest: Iowa State, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Baylor, K-State, Florida State, Memphis, Quinnipiac, Rider. Latest News: DeJesus picked up SLU and UCF offers in April. Scouting Report: DeJesus is a confident scorer from all over the floor, with a solid perimeter game and the ability to go to the rim. He spent this season working on becoming a more complete guard, focusing on ball handling and getting his teammates involved.

Jalen Johnson: SF, 6-7, 195, Baton Rouge, LA (University)Offers: SLU, Richmond, Clemson, South Carolina, Southern Miss, South Florida, UTEP, Tulane, FIU, Buffalo, UT-Martin, Southeastern Louisiana, Southern. Interest: Arkansas, LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss, Baylor, Houston, Rice, Murray State, Louisiana Tech, Furman. Latest News: Johnson picked up offers from Southern Miss, UTEP, and SLU in April. Scouting Report: Johnson is an athletic high-scoring lefty who scores in a variety of ways and rebounds well on the defensive end. He’s a solid but limited defender who also needs to crash the offensive boards more. Johnson was named Outstanding Player of the 3A all-state basketball team after leading University to its third straight Louisiana state title. Twitter: @He_WasntReady20

Thank you Pistol, really enjoy reading about the recruits and I appreciate the time you take to post them.

Tweet from Jon Rothstein- Arkansas transfer Jimmy Whitt is now considering Saint Louis, source told @CBSSports. NC State, Colorado, KU, SMU, and Kansas State in mix.

I had given up on that possibility after seeing his initial list of schools. Nice that we are at least getting him to give us a look, but of course in recruiting finishing second doesn't mean anything.

Tweet from Jon Rothstein- Arkansas transfer Jimmy Whitt is now considering Saint Louis, source told @CBSSports. NC State, Colorado, KU, SMU, and Kansas State in mix.

That's an exciting option. Believe it or not I think he actually visited campus when crews was here.

Coming off the two seasons we've had, if Ford beats out those schools for Whitt, then he really is a recruiting stud.

Coming off the two seasons we've had, if Ford beats out those schools for Whitt, then he really is a recruiting stud.

While I think Whitt would be a great get for us and a really nice fit here, I somewhat question the level of interest some of those other programs have in him.

Whitt sits out anyway right? I think this would be a prime place to sit out a year, work with the team, then start playing exciting basketball with the 2017 recruiting class.

A starting line up of Foreman, Whitt, Welmer, and 2 4 star 2017 guys would have the potential to do some damage in the A-10.

Whitt sits out anyway right? I think this would be a prime place to sit out a year, work with the team, then start playing exciting basketball with the 2017 recruiting class.

A starting line up of Foreman, Whitt, Welmer, and 2 4 star 2017 guys would have the potential to do some damage in the A-10.

Uh, yeah

While I think Whitt would be a great get for us and a really nice fit here, I somewhat question the level of interest some of those other programs have in him.

Other than KU, why do you question the level of interest of the other programs? You don't think he could play for the likes of Colorado, NC State and K-State?

He was a top 100, even top 75 recruit coming out of HS. Began the season strong, even started some games. Seemed to hit a wall mid-season, but improved his shooting late in the year. Anderson stated he didn't want him to leave, so not a case of a coach pushing a kid out.