Drew is Transferring

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a strange transfer. Waiting until this late in the year AND he has used his redshirt year already. I suppose he could attempt to go somewhere within 100 miles from home and try for a hardship waiver, but I assume he is losing a year.

That is a strange transfer. Waiting until this late in the year AND he has used his redshirt year already. I suppose he could attempt to go somewhere within 100 miles from home and try for a hardship waiver, but I assume he is losing a year.

Not sure if it was really his choice

Not sure if it was really his choice

Yeah, he'll have to sit, right? I can't imagine wanting to sit two years in a row. Maybe Westy's right.

I just always figure the guys who are told about their chances of future playing time announce their intentions fairly early in the process. Waiting until after finals limits his options quite a bit.

Well, this certainly changes things a bit. With two scholarships, I am now ok with Randy as sort of a developmental guy for one of the spots. I also wouldn't mind taking in two quality transfers, in fact I still prefer that. There are still a bunch of good available transfers. VCU recently picked up a good one from Florida State.

With Crawford coming in, maybe Drew didn't see a lot of minutes in his future.

If it were a suggested transfer, maybe the coaching staff is expecting good news from two players. If that is the case I applaud Coach Crews for his nut cutting attitude.

Yeah it definitely wasn't a mutual decision. Lets hope we can fill these last two spots with some quality players. Good Luck Jared

If he was told to leave that seems like a prety shi**y deal to me. Correct me if I'm wrong but Jared Drew will lose a year of playing time since he already redshirted. So basically by no fault of his own he will only play 3 years of college basketball instead of 4.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Plus, as someone else pointed out, he will have limited options for places he can transfer based on how late it is in the process. Kid got a raw deal from SLU.

NH - I don't think we can say for sure that it was no fault of his own. There could be 100 different reasons why this happened.

At this point his options are:

1. Sit out a year and transfer to whatever D1 program he is offered. Play 3 years total.

2. Drop down to D2 and play immediately.

3. Transfer closer to home and try to get a hardship waiver for a sick/dying relative of some sort. Hardship waiver means he could play immediately. Long shot but it isn't as impossible as it used to be.