Dick Vitale's preseason top 40

its funnier that VCU Lasalle umass and butler are all there, when SLU went 7-0 against them

Yes, but that is last year. You dont rank from last year. I dont think SLU is a top 25 team but they are top 40. Dickie V is a fool anyway

Oh, for fuok's sake! He has UMass, VCU, LaSalle, Butler and UNM on his list, but no SLU? But, you know, he was totally tough on the Dookies, baby! Only have them at #4 preseason.

I actually think UMass is talented, but they are coached by a dope. Why LaSalle? What a lazy analysis. They lose Galloway, but they are still going to be good. Huh? No way they should be rated ahead of us.

UMASS #25 AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CHAZ WILLIAMS "DECIDED TO RETURN" AHAHAHAHAHA

That was a funny line to me as well. Because, obviously, Williams is risking millions of dollars to come back another season rather than be a sure-fire 1st round pick. :rolleyes:

Yes, but that is last year. You dont rank from last year. I dont think SLU is a top 25 team but they are top 40. Dickie V is a fool anyway

im not saying that, thats why I said its funny, and not like "BS" or "stupid".

Doubt it. he enters this season after a full year under his belt, and this team is tourney ready again. Unless he has three or less losses then maybe.

When JC gets us in the dance this year will he win coach of year?

If V was so knowledgeable how come he's been a talking head for the last 20 years instead of a head coach? He's a jerk off who's got a man crush on Jay Bilas. UMass #25? That's all that needs to be said. Yeah, and Butler loses their top scorer. Hey Butler meet DePaul your new roommate.

If ###### V was so knowledgeable how come he's been a talking head for the last 20 years instead of a head coach? He's a jerk off who's got a man crush on Jay Bilas. UMass #25? That's all that needs to be said. Yeah, and Butler loses their top scorer. Hey Butler meet DePaul your new roommate.

I found his rankings pretty comical as well. Did you know Lasalle is better than SLU too?

I found his rankings pretty comical as well. Did you know Lasalle is better than SLU too?

Well, La Salle did make the Sweet 16 about six weeks ago. While that doesn't make them better than SLU, it makes them a "sexier" pick. Had the Bills made the Sweet 16, as we'd all expected, they'd likely be on Vitale's list — not that it makes any difference.

It's probably better this way. SLU's five seniors can still play with a chip on their shoulder.

Not to be an a$$hole but that might actually be pretty accurate

Yeah, every publication in the country has jumped on Harvard.

Harvard beat New Mexico. I don't know of any Atlantic 10 school that did that last year, do you?

I get the reasoning on a lot of teams, just surprised that SLU has been largely forgotten in all the pre-pre-season hype.