Dick Vitale's preseason top 40

lots of love for slu in the comment section. I assume its most of our posters

I think it's Biondi posting over and over...

Vitale has been pretty good at giving us the love over the past 5 years. We might want to cut him some slack on this one.

+1. Judging by his tweets, I think he knows he shouldn't have left SLU out. Either way, he has been pretty pro-SLU recently.

I think he was an RM fan. A year ago he had the Bills at #35 saying because RM passed on the SMU job the Bills would benefit. In Oct after it was announced that RM wasn't coming back he dropped us from the Top 40.

As for other picks....

He had Ky as #2....I guess he should have picked Robert Morris #1

In regards to Harvard....I had them finishing as a B- team A nice win over NMex but thats about it. If Harvard was in the A-10 they would be similar to GW. I didn't even have Harvard as a top 100 team. They make the tourney because they are in a weak conference. Dickie V thinks they will be great next year because of the return of Kyle Casey (11pts 5reb). Seems unlikely a player with average stats in a weak conference who hasn't played in 2 years will make Harvard an A team.

Well, La Salle did make the Sweet 16 about six weeks ago. While that doesn't make them better than SLU, it makes them a "sexier" pick. Had the Bills made the Sweet 16, as we'd all expected, they'd likely be on Vitale's list — not that it makes any difference.

It's probably better this way. SLU's five seniors can still play with a chip on their shoulder.

Maybe if we beat LaSalle by 30 instead of just 20 we would have gotten on the list.

• 2 weeks later...