Davidson to the A10

Who in the ACC would leave to go to a basketball-only conference? Duke, Wake Forest, and UNC may be basketball-first schools, but they aren't going to walk away from football. ACC basketball is tops in the country. Within the last year, the ACC has basically traded Maryland for Louisville and added Notre Dame for basketball. This only furthers their basketball power.

This ACC talk confuses me more than any other. The ACC has 14 schools; who is at risk of leaving the ACC and where would they go? 4 teams would have to leave before the ACC imploded. Does the NBE really think there is a program or two they could pluck from the ACC? It strikes me as crazy, message board talk.

It's not so much who would leave for basketball. Rather it's what would happen to the ACC after it is raided for football.

At various times, the following ACC teams have been linked elsewhere:

Big Ten: Maryland (already joined), North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia Tech;

Big 12: Florida State, Clemson, Miami.

The SEC (North Carolina, Florida State, etc.) is in the vicinity.

Ever since SLU entered the A10, for the '05-'06 season, I've felt as if SLU parked itself in the A10, waiting for the eventual Big East schism, which has now finally happened.

The A10 was a strong league in '12-'13. But with Temple, Xavier, and Butler all departing, my opinion is that it is time for SLU to leave the A10 and hopefully be invited into the new Big East.

The A10 seems to be acting like SLU is gone. The A10 is once again becoming Atlantic Seaboard centric, with no expansion west of the Appalachian Mountains. Note that Loyola Chicago, which I felt was a prime A10 expansion target, is joining the MVC.

George Mason? Now Davidson? We've even seen Siena's name mentioned. Siena? Siena was terrible in '12-'13.

The A10 has served its purpose for SLU. Now it is time for an all out, all encompassing effort, to get SLU into the new Big East, where it rightfully belongs. Here's hoping it is occurring as I type this post.

When your comparison is Edwardsville, you probably need to try harder.

Ever since SLU entered the A10, for the '05-'06 season, I've felt as if SLU parked itself in the A10, waiting for the eventual Big East schism, which has now finally happened.

The A10 was a strong league in '12-'13. But with Temple, Xavier, and Butler all departing, my opinion is that it is time for SLU to leave the A10 and hopefully be invited into the new Big East.

The A10 seems to be acting like SLU is gone. The A10 is once again becoming Atlantic Seaboard centric, with no expansion west of the Appalachian Mountains. Note that Loyola Chicago, which I felt was a prime A10 expansion target, is joining the MVC.

George Mason? Now Davidson? We've even seen Siena's name mentioned. Siena? Siena was terrible in '12-'13.

The A10 has served its purpose for SLU. Now it is time for an all out, all encompassing effort, to get SLU into the new Big East, where it rightfully belongs. Here's hoping it is occurring as I type this post.

Post of the Year.

It's not so much who would leave for basketball. Rather it's what would happen to the ACC after it is raided for football.

At various times, the following ACC teams have been linked elsewhere:

Big Ten: Maryland (already joined), North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia Tech;

Big 12: Florida State, Clemson, Miami.

The SEC (North Carolina, Florida State, etc.) is in the vicinity.

I understand your point, but even if half those schools left and weren't replaced by a UConn or other former Big East football school, you would still have a 10+ team top basketball conference with decent football. Why would any of these schools jolt for a basketball-only conference with the likes of DePaul, Seton Hall, Butler, and X? Georgetown is big, but not big enough to leave Duke and Wake for if basketball is your focus.

I understand your point, but even if half those schools left and weren't replaced by a UConn or other former Big East football school, you would still have a 10+ team top basketball conference with decent football. Why would any of these schools jolt for a basketball-only conference with the likes of DePaul, Seton Hall, Butler, and X? Georgetown is big, but not big enough to leave Duke and Wake for if basketball is your focus.

I do not think any of them would so jolt the ACC for the new Big East. I think the Big East fans talk in that regard is Don Quixote type material.

I'm hoping against hope that SLU gets invited into the new Big East where it rightfully belongs. This is so important to SLU on multiple levels, levels beyond Basketball, beyond the Athletic Department.

Let's get it done once and for all.

Who in the ACC would leave to go to a basketball-only conference? Duke, Wake Forest, and UNC may be basketball-first schools, but they aren't going to walk away from football. ACC basketball is tops in the country. Within the last year, the ACC has basically traded Maryland for Louisville and added Notre Dame for basketball. This only furthers their basketball power.

This ACC talk confuses me more than any other. The ACC has 14 schools; who is at risk of leaving the ACC and where would they go? 4 teams would have to leave before the ACC imploded. Does the NBE really think there is a program or two they could pluck from the ACC? It strikes me as crazy, message board talk.

+1

But remember, the term "basketball power" means nothing when it comes to BCS conference realignment. Conference realignment means football -- end of story. Case in point: Kansas. Despite all their tradition, their winning records, their history, their coaches/current coach (Self)... KU received no interest from the Big 10 or any other conference.

+1

But remember, the term "basketball power" means nothing when it comes to BCS conference realignment. Conference realignment means football -- end of story. Case in point: Kansas. Despite all their tradition, their winning records, their history, their coaches/current coach (Self)... KU received no interest from the Big 10 or any other conference.

Kansas wanted to go back to the Valley ;)

Wrong, the Big 10 wants KU very much. KU rated higher than any school in the Big 10 private study but they waited too long and KU signed away its TV rights. Really according to Orangeblood.com the only reason the Big 12 even exists is the PAC 10 demanded that KU gets a spot before Okie Light or Texas Tech but Texas and OU couldn't make that move. For those that don't know Orangeblood.com is Texas's under the table mouth piece.

One move that may happen is the Big 10 takes VU and UNC to bust up the ACC. Then Florida St., Clemson and Miami are allowed to move to the Big 12 so the Big 12 releases KU's GOR so they can go to the Big 10.

For those that do not follow this stuff, the moment to watch is when the Maryland lawsuit with the ACC gets settled. Maybe the ACC is so weakened that ND leaves for the NBE.

Wrong, the Big 10 wants KU very much. KU rated higher than any school in the Big 10 private study but they waited too long and KU signed away its TV rights. Really according to Orangeblood.com the only reason the Big 12 even exists is the PAC 10 demanded that KU gets a spot before Okie Light or Texas Tech but Texas and OU couldn't make that move. For those that don't know Orangeblood.com is Texas's under the table mouth piece.

One move that may happen is the Big 10 takes VU and UNC to bust up the ACC. Then Florida St., Clemson and Miami are allowed to move to the Big 12 so the Big 12 releases KU's GOR so they can go to the Big 10.

For those that do not follow this stuff, the moment to watch is when the Maryland lawsuit with the ACC gets settled. Maybe the ACC is so weakened that ND leaves for the NBE.

I can't wait to see those Georgetown linebackers blitz the ND quarterback in the NBE.

And to think that I criticize fellow Billiken fans (of which there are not enough!!) for drinking too much blue Kool-Aid.... TJ. You leave me speechless other than to say, the first step of recovery is to admit you have a problem.... :lol:

First of all, if U of Texas wanted to be in the PAC 10, ACC, Big 10 or any conference of their choosing, they would already be in. They have it all: football power, football tradition, facilities, coaches, large fan base, large donors, lucrative TV, national following/sports marketing/apparrel sales, large TV markets, large alumni base and home of very good, talent-rich high school recruiting. OU is right behind them in second place.

Second, UT and OU remain the Big XII so they can continue to make all the conference decisions, so they can keep most of their TV contract money and so they can dominate inferior teams like your Jayhawks.

Third, I find it very hard to believe that any conference which was/is on the verge of landing U of Texas and OU would get caught up in the details of also having to bring in whatever other "filler" teams (such as Texas Tech and KU). Yes, that's right, when U of Texas and OU is concerned, then good football programs like Texas Tech are secondary or can be considered "filler".

Fourth, sorry but KU's football program is nothing compared to Oklahoma State (home of T. Boone Pickens flush with his money, influence and support) and hardly Oklahoma Light!!.

Fifth, I would rank the football schools in the following order: 1) U of Texas, 2) Oklahoma and 3) Oklahoma State. Thereafter, all the rest are a distant 4th: Texas Tech, Baylor, KU. Alright, I'll be nice and say that your Jayhawks are ranked slightly higher and your ugly step-sister, Kansas State - but not by much!!

Finally, don't bad-mouth the Big XII as it is your lifeline. If you are concerned about its future, give Conf USA and/or the "old" Big East (America whatever) a call. I'm sure your Jayhawks will find similar schools there and possibly a new conference rival. Just imagine the local double-header games for Kansas City fans: your Jayhawks against Houston, SMU or Rice followed by Mizzou against Alabama, LSU, Texas A & M, Tenn, Florida, Georgia, Auburn....!!

-as the Creighton President showed the time for this was sometime ago, hopefully we are in round two

Sorry guys I just informed you of information already known to those that follow this. That filler school known as KU ranks third in revenue behind only Texas and Notre Dame. I do not wish to hyjack this thread I only wished to correct a mistake made earlier. Clocktower you are now free to chant MIZ SEC.

Sorry guys I just informed you of information already known to those that follow this. That filler school known as KU ranks third in revenue behind only Texas and Notre Dame. I do not wish to hyjack this thread I only wished to correct a mistake made earlier. Clocktower you are now free to chant MIZ SEC.

According to this from ESPN for the year with the most recent data available KU doesn't even rank in the top 30 in revenue and ND only comes in 12th. You might want to follow this closer.

http://b2.caspio.com/dp.asp?appSession=823764447221024&RecordID=&PageID=2&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=asc&CPIorderby=Athletic_department_operating_re