Agbeko

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not gonna go crazy until it's official. But still, this is awesome, awesome news. Now let's keep things moving on Djambo and the Nova transfer.

If we could get Djambo with either the transfer or Sainthil (or another solid guard), then that would be a helluva job by JC and staff. Absolutely stoked. On paper, Agbeko fills the legendary 4 we've been looking for. 6'7" - 6'8", 225-240 lbs,* rebounding machine, can handle the ball...and he can throw it down like Jamal Johnson.

*i've read where Reggie has stated he is now 6'8", 240 lbs.

That's ridiculous, skip. Even for you. Everyone knows he'll play the 2 spot.

Yep, Go big or go home. He can spend the summer doing agility drills and working on the 3. Then we move DE to the point as we know he can dribble and pass already.

Evans

Agbeko

Rob

Grandy

John

What's even more impressive are some of his passes and D.

Agreed. I'm totally drinking the kool-aid here, but at a minimum, we have a 6'8, 240lb guy who should be able to give us a few good minutes per game his freshman year. I'm hoping for more, but at least we have a little bit more depth in the post.

To fulfill my duty as forum negative nancy: this kid, while a great get, is not superman. He has a great body and a ton of potential, but he's a two-star for a reason. He's still a raw talent. And now it falls on Crews & co. to develop his talent and allow him to realize that potential.

With that said, though, this kid could be a beast. And I don't think he signs with us if this is two or three years ago.

To fulfill my duty as forum negative nancy: this kid, while a great get, is not superman. He has a great body and a ton of potential, but he's a two-star for a reason. He's still a raw talent. And now it falls on Crews & co. to develop his talent and allow him to realize that potential.

With that said, though, this kid could be a beast. And I don't think he signs with us if this is two or three years ago.

I hear ya, but he doesn't need to be superman his freshman year. Plus, he at least attracted Duke's attention. He might not be the 2nd coming of AB, but I also don't think he is the 2nd coming of Obi or Horace either.

There's no way he'd be a 2 star if he were reevaluated today. There is no telling when that ranking was given.

If anyone talks to him, please pass this on. 360 dunks during warmups are fine, just don't walk.

Always got to be a sour puss to tone down our euphoria

Who was responsible Crews Tanner Whitesell!

I hear ya, but he doesn't need to be superman his freshman year. Plus, he at least attracted Duke's attention. He might not be the 2nd coming of AB, but I also don't think he is the 2nd coming of Obi or Horace either.

All referrals to Obi and Horace D have been banned.