OT: Bernie Leaving 101.1

Bernie Miklasz is ending his radio spot at 101.1 and sticking strictly to writing for the Post. Personally, I've always liked his columns and writing a lot more than his radio show. I think it was just the one-man format, with few guests and no callers, that I didn't dig. Just a little too much unfiltered Bernie...

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/other/miklasz-set-to-leave-radio/article_a24a5fa7-8349-59f3-a875-80c5d3ed2096.html

He was awful on the radio. Spent too much time responding to the lunatic fringe listeners

Agree.

I use to really like his show but about 6 months ago it seemed like all he did was find crazy posts from his forum and spend 2 hours bitching about how stupid people are.

I preferred Bernie more when he was KMOX and had different hosts to bounce things off of. We didn't have football then. I find all the football talk pretty mundane day after day.

He is a workaholic and it showed. He was always prepared, excessively so compared to other STL radio hosts. I always wondered how he found the time. Now I know, he worked 24/7.

His show will be missed. While not perfect it was one of the best in market everyday. He is probably the only guy in the market who could do a show alone and make it both entertaining and informative while not resorting to gimmicky radio.

-I won't miss his show, I didn't listen often as I found it difficult to hear him say the same thing four different ways and hopefully his writing comes back as I thought the quality in the Post declined after he started his radio show