Help, may have to watch a game from chicago

cmart

I might have to go to chicago during the ncaas. Anybody know where i can watch our Billikens while there that is family friendly..or at least will let kids in.

O'Hare Airport to Halsted Harp by CTA:

Look for CTA signs at O'Hare. Pay $2.25 for Blue line train (only train from O'Hare) towards Forest Park (only direction from O'Hare). Get off at California station. Walk north on California 2.5 blocks to Fullerton. After getting off the train walk in the direction of California & Milwaukee and keep going north. Catch the 74 Fullerton bus going east towards Lake Michigan. Catch the bus at the southwest corner of California and Fullerton. Get off at Halsted & Webster. The bus will turn right at Halsted off Fullerton. Best to tell driver to warn you when Halsted & Webster is coming up. It's another $2.00 if you use a fare card to ride the bus, $2.25 if you use cash. You can put both fares on the fare card that you buy at O'Hare. Get off at Halsted & Webster (the bus will turn left on Webster and then stop) and walk south on Halsted. Halsted Harp is on the west side of Halsted about a third of the way down the block.

If you need to avoid the walking, you could take the Blue Line Train into the Loop and switch to the Red Line at the Jackson station. It's all underground. After getting off the Blue Line Train look for the signs for the Red Line Train. Get on the Red Line Train going north toward Howard. No extra fare either. Then get off the Red Line Train at Fullerton station. You can catch the 74 Fullerton bus outside the train station. There is a lot of extra time by taking both trains but no walking except between trains and the 1/3 block to Halsted Harp. Go east on the bus and follow the directions above starting at "Get off at Halsted & Webster."

You could take a cab for just less than $50 plus tip (one fare).

I do this for Indy travelers in Chicago (which I learned to navigate while growing up in Valpo) as a living.

Thanks man!

Look for CTA signs at O'Hare. Pay $2.25 for Blue line train (only train from O'Hare) towards Forest Park (only direction from O'Hare). Get off at California station. Walk north on California 2.5 blocks to Fullerton. After getting off the train walk in the direction of California & Milwaukee and keep going north. Catch the 74 Fullerton bus going east towards Lake Michigan. Catch the bus at the southwest corner of California and Fullerton. Get off at Halsted & Webster. The bus will turn right at Halsted off Fullerton. Best to tell driver to warn you when Halsted & Webster is coming up. It's another $2.00 if you use a fare card to ride the bus, $2.25 if you use cash. You can put both fares on the fare card that you buy at O'Hare. Get off at Halsted & Webster (the bus will turn left on Webster and then stop) and walk south on Halsted. Halsted Harp is on the west side of Halsted about a third of the way down the block.

If you need to avoid the walking, you could take the Blue Line Train into the Loop and switch to the Red Line at the Jackson station. It's all underground. After getting off the Blue Line Train look for the signs for the Red Line Train. Get on the Red Line Train going north toward Howard. No extra fare either. Then get off the Red Line Train at Fullerton station. You can catch the 74 Fullerton bus outside the train station. There is a lot of extra time by taking both trains but no walking except between trains and the 1/3 block to Halsted Harp. Go east on the bus and follow the directions above starting at "Get off at Halsted & Webster."

I do this for Indy travelers in Chicago (which I learned to navigate while growing up in Valpo) as a living.

This isn't entirely accurate.

It cost $5 on the blue line when departing from O'Hare. Thank you Rahm for gouging our visitors. It will cost you 25 cents to transfer to the Fullerton bus, not another $2.25 as this poster said. Make sure you buy a fare card at O'Hare and load it with at least $7.75 so you have a return fare. The bus fare on the return will be $2.00 and the transfer to the blue line back to O'Hare is 25 cents.

You can also just get a one-day pass for $10 if you're considering any other stops.

This is the way to do it.

And if you take the blue line to California, get a PBJ at Boiler Room (slice of pizza, tall boy PBR, and a shot of Jameson for $7) and just take the Armitage bus east to to Halsted and walk a block or so north. Oh, if you have to take cash out (its cash only) but you get a free shot of Jameson to cover your ATM fee. This should make the bus ride east more enjoyable.

On a side note, how many people are going to the Harp? Although it pains my soul, I have to ditch Illinois Civ Pro. The question is do I stay at the Harp and drink beer all afternoon or catch the Metra? Is that even a question?

This is the way to do it.

And if you take the blue line to California, get a PBJ at Boiler Room (slice of pizza, tall boy PBR, and a shot of Jameson for $7) and just take the Armitage bus east to to Halsted and walk a block or so north. Oh, if you have to take cash out (its cash only) but you get a free shot of Jameson to cover your ATM fee. This should make the bus ride east more enjoyable.

On a side note, how many people are going to the Harp? Although it pains my soul, I have to ditch Illinois Civ Pro. The question is do I stay at the Harp and drink beer all afternoon or catch the Metra? Is that even a question?

it is going to be tough given the game time, but there will probably be a decent group there. Usually it is a good crowd and they have the games on with sound (though they sold out on Saturday for the Butler game and played bummer music instead of the game sound and I was pissed off).

This isn't entirely accurate.

It cost $5 on the blue line when departing from O'Hare. Thank you Rahm for gouging our visitors. It will cost you 25 cents to transfer to the Fullerton bus, not another $2.25 as this poster said. Make sure you buy a fare card at O'Hare and load it with at least $7.75 so you have a return fare. The bus fare on the return will be $2.00 and the transfer to the blue line back to O'Hare is 25 cents.

When did they start doing this?

I went with my son to O'Hare on the blue line in December and I was only charged the normal $2.25 both from the Loop to O'Hare and back to the Loop.

Did they start this at the beginning of 2013?

When did they start doing this?

I went with my son to O'Hare on the blue line in December and I was only charged the normal $2.25 both from the Loop to O'Hare and back to the Loop.

Did they start this at the beginning of 2013?

Yea late January 2013 they started. At the same time they also jacked up the daily pass and the multi day pass along with the monthly pass.