C7 News and Rumors

SLUDrew

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Westy03" data-cid="347787" data-time="1362107761"><p>

I can see them staying at 9 for the long haul. I fully expect us to get bent over</p></blockquote>

Westy is challenging NH for board pessimist of the year.

9 teams is garbage

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="RiseAndGrind" data-cid="347833" data-time="1362117049"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Westy03" data-cid="347787" data-time="1362107761"><p><br />

I can see them staying at 9 for the long haul. I fully expect us to get bent over</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

Westy is challenging NH for board pessimist of the year. <br />

9 teams is garbage</p></blockquote

+1

There is a very precise order of operations being followed to ensure no single entity is able to hold the entire process hostage.

The C7 wants to get Butler and X nailed down, because once it has that, it can finalize a preliminary deal with Fox, hire a commissioner and get the ball rolling, then proceed with the next round of negotiations.

Bottom line: if the C7 intended to have 12 teams next year, they would not be wise come out and say it.

Those exit fees aren't paid by the C7.

yes, the exit fees are paid by the c7. they will add X and Butler at 2,000,000 per... then wait a year for slu and dayton at 1,000,000 per... All in all, saving 2,000,000. 2 million is alot of monies

I dont get what is so difficult for some of you guys to understand...

They will announce Tuesday everyone who is in (this includes if they go to 12). We will not have to wait another year for us to figure out if we are going or not, Tuesday is do or die. Fox Sports is announcing their venue to advertisers Tuesday. Fox Sports won't be dishing out $500 MILLION on 9 or 10 teams witha promise of a potential 12.

Its pretty basic stuff here.

C7 is paying the exist fees. By holding off Dayton and SLU until the 2014 season, they are saving themselves ATLEAST 2 million (prob more depending on how tv revenue works, etc). Creighton is an obvious choice to go first, as they have an exit fee of $50,000 (or $500,000, I have seen both but both are nothing compared to our $2,000,000 fee).

In order for the C7 to save $2 Million, Dayton and SLU must announce to the A-10 that we are leaving next year. That means, we will all know on Tuesday who is in or out.

I don't understand how the contracts all work, but

if we pay 2 million and get into a league a year early that pays $3million per year for TV revenue, Isn't that better than staying in the A-10 for our 400k TV revenue and then paying 1 million to leave?

TV REVENUE - EXIT FEES:

situation A: + $4 million

situation B: + $2.4 million

You gotta spend money to make money. But like I said, there's a lot of contract stuff here that I admit I don't understand and am trying to sort through here.

I dont get what is so difficult for some of you guys to understand...

They will announce Tuesday everyone who is in (this includes if they go to 12). We will not have to wait another year for us to figure out if we are going or not, Tuesday is do or die. Fox Sports is announcing their venue to advertisers Tuesday. Fox Sports won't be dishing out $500 MILLION on 9 or 10 teams witha promise of a potential 12.

Its pretty basic stuff here.

C7 is paying the exist fees. By holding off Dayton and SLU until the 2014 season, they are saving themselves ATLEAST 2 million (prob more depending on how tv revenue works, etc). Creighton is an obvious choice to go first, as they have an exit fee of $50,000 (or $500,000, I have seen both but both are nothing compared to our $2,000,000 fee).

In order for the C7 to save $2 Million, Dayton and SLU must announce to the A-10 that we are leaving next year. That means, we will all know on Tuesday who is in or out.

Nearly everything you wrote is speculation. It makes sense but it is not confirmed.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Westy03" data-cid="347787" data-time="1362107761"><p>

I can see them staying at 9 for the long haul. I fully expect us to get bent over</p></blockquote>

Westy is challenging NH for board pessimist of the year.

9 teams is garbage

Haha I didn't know I was the forerunner for this one.

Go Bills!

Really? SLU is a much better geographic fit, Omaha is a smaller market than St. Louis, Creighton is a smaller school than SLU, SLU has a higher-ranked national university, and SLU has far superior facilities that are on campus. SLU is also a better team on the court right now. I am not saying Creighton isn't worthy, but I don't see how Creighton is a better fit than SLU.

I agree. I admit I have an A-10 bias, but if given the option between SLU and Creighton, I'd take SLU in a heartbeat. St. Louis is a superior televesion market. At this moment, I also think SLU is the better program. You play in a better conference, and are trending upwards. Creighton is decent, but isn't trending up like SLU.

I travel to many Xavier road games, and I'd enjoy making a weekend trip to SLU, but Creighton/Omaha? Not so much. Besides, Saint Louis is closer.

"If unable to join the ACC in 2013-14, the Fighting Irish would consider spending one season in the Catholic 7 league before moving to the ACC in 2014, a source said."

That is what might be discussed tomorrow. And might be the difference maker between a 9 team + ND, Rutgers, Louisville conference and a 12 team conference.

When will someone stand up to ND and tell them kiss off - why should this new league bow to ND just so they can have one year not in the Big East before moving to the ACC. What a joke.

I'd like to hear why the delay to go to 12. Makes no sense to me. Do some of the teams not want to leave right away? If so, why?

Some one said the the exit contract for the A10 is cut in have to $1M if you give a full year notice so that may be why the wait.

I agree. I admit I have an A-10 bias, but if given the option between SLU and Creighton, I'd take SLU in a heartbeat. St. Louis is a superior televesion market. At this moment, I also think SLU is the better program. You play in a better conference, and are trending upwards. Creighton is decent, but isn't trending up like SLU.

I travel to many Xavier road games, and I'd enjoy making a weekend trip to SLU, but Creighton/Omaha? Not so much. Besides, Saint Louis is closer.

It would be nice for a weekend baseball series, but not a Tuesday night via Southwest chug & slug fest. Creighton also has the luxury of playing all their home games at the new-ish Sam Waterson Field at TD Ameritrade Park (home of the College World Series).

Not a Creighton sympathizer, but their baseball, soccer and basketball facilities are top-notch. That's why they're going.

Have you seen the Billiken Sports Complex/Compound/Center? CBC has better facilities.

better basketball program past 10 years and they get 17,000 to go to their games regularly.

yes we have better facilities and bigger school but we also had like 4,000 people show up for some games in our brand new arena.

There is a reason why everyone at SLU thinks SLU is a better fit, everyone at CU thinks CU is a better fit.

If you go to a neutral fan base, they want CU because they have a bigger name in college basketball outside of this past month.

Well everybody is entitled to their opinion - even one that makes no sense

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="brianstl" data-cid="347795" data-time="1362108511"><p>

Supposedly the Dayton AD is claiming they have had no contact with anyone about an invitation to the new conference.</p></blockquote>

That is standard operating

Sorry. I felt really positive about our chances until this announcement came out like it did. Now the old it is hard being a Billiken stuff is kicking in again for me.

I prefer the set up where we go in 2014-15 for a number of reasons.

1.) Less exit fees paid by whom I don't know.

2.) Allows us an extra year to get the coaching situation figured out.

3.) Gives us an extra year of NCAA monies. I think, does anyone know how this works?

4.) Allows us to recruit now with the promise of playing in a better more national conference with lot's of TV exposure.

5.) We should be favored to win the A-10 next year thereby earning another bid. Although, we will have a huge target on our back as being a deserter.

Of course, the above is predicated on the C7 announcing on Tuesday we will join the lineup in their second year. But waiting until that second year does offer us advantages.