SI Power Rankings

Zink

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130227/college-basketball-power-rankings/?sct=uk_t11_a7

We come in at #12. Luke Winn highlights the poor shots that our defense forces the opponent to take.

I would also like to see the reverse statistics, as we take (what seems like) a relatively low proportion of mid-range jumpers compared to other teams. And when we do settle for them, they tend to be wide-open and therefore perhaps not as inefficient. In this way, our offense reflects modern trends in terms of shot selection - shoot 3's and lay-ups, get to the FT line at a decent rate - that are being embraced thanks to the influence of sabermetrics.

Edit: Another SI article focusing on the Bills - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130227/saint-louis-after-rick-majerus/?sct=uk_wr_a1

Teams ranked ahead of us that have lost this week:

12 Syracuse (L to Marquette)

11 Arizona (L to USC)

8 Florida (L to Tenn.)

4 Michigan (L to Penn St.)

1 Indiana (L to Minnesota)

Hopefully more teams closer to us in rankings will be losing because all of those teams are decently ahead of us.

He was always adamant about making the other guy shoot mid-range jumpers. He was pretty smart about this whole basketball thing.

Yup. The easy part is to know these things - the hard part is to create a system to implement them, and that was RM's genius

He was always adamant about making the other guy shoot mid-range jumpers. He was pretty smart about this whole basketball thing.

That made me laugh and tear up a little at the same time. I really hope there is a heaven and that Big Rick is sitting in St. Luke's BBQ joint with a big slab of ribs, drinking a beer, watching ESPN and seeing all the talk about HIS team.

That made me laugh and tear up a little at the same time. I really hope there is a heaven and that Big Rick is sitting in St. Luke's BBQ joint with a big slab of ribs, drinking a beer, watching ESPN and seeing all the talk about HIS team.

Every time I look at where we are right now, I say thank you to Rick Majerus. I think the young men at SLU are doing one hell of a job of keeping his memory alive on the floor.

Teams ranked ahead of us that have lost this week:

12 Syracuse (L to Marquette)

11 Arizona (L to USC)

8 Florida (L to Tenn.)

4 Michigan (L to Penn St.)

1 Indiana (L to Minnesota)

Hopefully more teams closer to us in rankings will be losing because all of those teams are decently ahead of us.

Looks like we can add a Dookie drop to the list

More likely, fine wine with his favorite Italian meals. As a Milwaukee guy, he would know that "In heaven, there is no beer, that's why we drink it here". Here's a

of the Yankovic standard, with additional lyrics he might like.

No doubt this has been one remarkable season. For us old guys we never thought we'd see this 6-7 years ago. When RM was hired we figured that was a positive, but still after so many years of mediocrity would he even be able to turn it around. And there were bumps in the road with him as well causing us to say, "damn, it's hard being a Bills fan." Now to read all these glowing reports, a national ranking (that we held onto), a packed Fetz, the Butler fans screaming to bring down the league's big dog, to these old eyes it's all a little surreal. Just keep it going guys.

No doubt this has been one remarkable season. For us old guys we never thought we'd see this 6-7 years ago. When RM was hired we figured that was a positive, but still after so many years of mediocrity would he even be able to turn it around. And there were bumps in the road with him as well causing us to say, "damn, it's hard being a Bills fan." Now to read all these glowing reports, a national ranking (that we held onto), a packed Fetz, the Butler fans screaming to bring down the league's big dog, to these old eyes it's all a little surreal. Just keep it going guys.

Larry, I agree. This is the strongest team in my, longer then I care admit, tenure of following the Bills.

Also, since the the merging of the Metro/Great Midwest we dreamed of this great papal conference. It may finally be a reality. The CUSA was a good league but I and I think many others knew this wasn't going to last and not be a good fit with the adding all these NASCAR football teams. Good old Fr Bondi did one think right since the Big East was not looking at us, get us in the A10 and build the Chaifetz. He could took the easy way out, listen to the uneducated fan and that idiot Gordo and other PD reporters that advocated for the Valley. With Rick saying it, it was just his passive aggressive way on getting charters. It worked to a degree. I do believe if we were in the Valley now, C7 probably would pass us by. When we first entered the A10 and the A10 vs Valley controversy was at its peak, I recall very clearly Doug Elgin saying, sure will take SLU, but the contract with SLU will have such outlandish financial penalties, that leaving will be next to impossible.

Now Fr Bondi, if this happens and we get in C7, we need the resources for added tutors, assistant coach salaries, conditioning staff and charters. Also, most important, a coach at or close to a level of Majerus to guide this program.

WE DON'T WANT TO BE THE NEW DEPAUL!