Bills by 2 over Butler

The Wiz

First of all great win yesterday. We held the Bonnies to only 2 baskets (2-16) from beyond the arc. A normal night would have been 6 baskets. I was hoping we could trim 1 basket from their total which would have given them a 31% shooting night from 3 (around the 32% I was looking for) and a 1 point victory for us. Instead we cut off an extra 3 shots (9 points) giving us a 10 point victory. Not to mention, the Bonnies passed on a number of 3 point shots because of our perimeter defense. We held them to 12% from the arc. A great effort.....RM would have been proud.

Even with the loss St. Bon remains as a B- team. They were a hot team with a couple of big road wins coming into our game. This win looks good on our resume. For us, we remain at B+.....which brings us to the Butler game.

This is a big game for a number of reasons....conference standings, Big Dance review, momentum, etc. In my calculations, this is a pivotal game. A win for us boosts us to an A-. This is important as roughly 2/3 of the teams rated A- make it to the Dance. A win puts us into the elite of A-10 (top 3). A loss throws us back into the pack and we have to wait till Feb 19 and after to make another significant move. For this game, I would like to see us hold Butler to 30% or less from the arc.

Glad to see this game is going to be a sellout. It can only help us.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think this will phase Butler in any way in that size facility (6,000 +) you are kidding yourself. They specialize in playing in those type of gyms in front of huge crowds. It's in Brad Stevens' DNA.

Also watch out for posts from Irish Dawg and staxawax this week. They are definitely Bullsh!tdogs!

If you think this will phase Butler in any way in that size facility (6,000 +) you are kidding yourself. They specialize in playing in those type of gyms in front of huge crowds. It's in Brad Stevens' DNA.

It helps us

It helps us

Honestly I think it helps Butler more.

SLU by 28; glaze just misses a triple double. In the post game, Stevens says the billikens are far and away the best team butler has faced this year and that the crowd really impacted his team.

I've heard SLU is set to announce Stevens as the permanent coach immediately after the game. Details coming.

SLU by 28; glaze just misses a triple double. In the post game, Stevens says the billikens are far and away the best team butler has faced this year and that the crowd really impacted his team.

I've heard SLU is set to announce Stevens as the permanent coach immediately after the game. Details coming.

-another announcement being Kate Upton is going to player/coach the SaintSations (nothing at all against any member or coach of the SaintSations, you ladies are great!!!)

After some quick research, in the past 3 seasons, Butler has lost road games to Louisville, Wright State, Youngstown State, Evansville, Indiana, Ball State, Gonzaga, Detroit, UW-Milwaukee, UW-Green Bay, Valpo, Xavier, and La Salle. They've lost home games to Evansville, UW-Milwaukee, Louisville, Valpo, Xavier, Cleveland State, Detroit, and Pitt. How can this be, if large hostile road crowds are good for Butler?

wow didnt realize how short their squad goes, after their starting five they really only use 2 kids. both only avg 2.5 and 3.6

Thye have 4 guys off the bench averaging over 10 mins per, which might be boosted since Clarke has been out. I think these low ppg are misleading though as Barlow is one of these guys and he hit the game winner against IU and another bench guy is Stigall who I remember playing a lot more alst year and being able to shoot it well. I think they can beat teams with so many ways because Stevens.

They scare me but at the same time I will be disappointed if we do not win.

wow didnt realize how short their squad goes, after their starting five they really only use 2 kids. both only avg 2.5 and 3.6

Thye have 4 guys off the bench averaging over 10 mins per, which might be boosted since Clarke has been out. I think these low ppg are misleading though as Barlow is one of these guys and he hit the game winner against IU and another bench guy is Stigall who I remember playing a lot more alst year and being able to shoot it well. I think they can beat teams with so many ways because Stevens.

They scare me but at the same time I will be disappointed if we do not win.

barlow lucked out on that, my friend who goes to butler still doesnt believe it. he can pass but hes no scorer, im just worried about how we will defend the 3.

Also watch out for posts from Irish Dawg and staxawax this week. They are definitely Bullsh!tdogs!

How did Chaifetz lose 4,600 seats?

This game is the Billiken White Out - all are encouraged to wear White to the game

I believe everyone will have a white t-shirt on their seat.

White t shirts will be given to all who attend. They will again be put on the seats before the game.

This was listed in the preview before the Duquesne game

• SLU recently announced some upcoming promotions. The annual "Billiken Blizzard" is scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 31, against Butler. All in attendance receive a "Billiken Blizzard" white T-shirt, courtesy of Pepsi and Edward Jones. The annual "Billiken Blue Out" will take place Tuesday, Feb. 19, versus VCU.

But this before the St. Bonaventure game

• SLU recently announced some upcoming promotions. The annual "Billiken Blizzard" is scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 31, against Butler. The annual "Billiken Blue Out" will take place Tuesday, Feb. 19, versus VCU.

I assume they will have the t-shirts since they previously announced it, but I don't know for sure. I'd be sure to wear white anyway. A whiteout doesn't look any good unless about 95% of the crowd is in on it

Thee shirt.

Way it looks is they place a shirt on each seat prior to the game. So is it one size fits all?

Last year they alternated between Large and X-Large on each seat.

You could also exchange last year, but all the had was large and XL. For a blue-out game a few years ago, I believe they gave them out at the door and actually had a full range of sizes that you could exchange. It creates more work, but it is nice actually have a shirt that fits.

You could also exchange last year, but all the had was large and XL. For a blue-out game a few years ago, I believe they gave them out at the door and actually had a full range of sizes that you could exchange. It creates more work, but it is nice actually have a shirt that fits.

Problem was, many parents would just get shirts for their kids or just wouldn't put their shirt on. It's stupid but that's exactly what happened.