Evans

Cowboy

-sorry if this addressed in the GDT as have not read all of that, but is anyone else concerned about DE? my eyes tell me his turnovers are up due to bad decisions, can't finish, confidence seems waning, perhaps he needs to take the RL adjustment!!

-I think DE's success and the Billiken's success for the rest of the season are linked

-let's go Mr Evans, you can be a great player, let go of what is holding you back

-or am I alone on this thought?

You probably arent alone, but I am not worried in the least. We have 8 guys that I feel almost equally confident when they are in the game. Evans was a little off last night and we had other guys step up. Good teams can have a player or 2 struggle and the others will pick them up. DE will be fine.

You probably arent alone, but I am not worried in the least. We have 8 guys that I feel almost equally confident when they are in the game. Evans was a little off last night and we had other guys step up. Good teams can have a player or 2 struggle and the others will pick them up. DE will be fine.

Agreed. DE and CE had rough games last night but then you get JJ and RL stepping up and having big games. The next game it could be reversed.

I also don't think last night was a good matchup for DE. He tends to have his best games when he has either a size advantage over the guy guarding him (see Duquesne games last year), or a quickness advantage (see A&M game this year). Last night, he had neither.

i heard that shaft has been in and out of the hospital lately. something about ingestion of too much ***** juice.

dude is a stud, he'll get back on track. team's too deep to worry about one guy in a bit of a slump. gotdamn rob loe had 20 and 7 last night for christ's sake! HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE

I thought that DE did not have a good game last night based off his shooting and overall play. When I saw his stat line, I changed my mind, just not a good shooting performance.

FG 1-9, FT 3-4 w/ 5 pts, Reb 6 (2 Off/4 Def), 4 Assists, 3 Blocks, 2 Steals and 0 Turnovers in 30 minutes of play.

-I am not looking at last night's game as one data point but rather the body of work over the season to this point

-my expectations for DE were that he improve his game, all facets, from last season and I don't see it, I guess it could happen and I would love for it to happen for the rest of the season

Dwayne may have had 6 rebounds yesterday but I remember at least 3 times where he didn't box out his man and his man got an offensive rebound and scored.

The other thing from Dwayne yesterday was early on the game when UMass got caught up in a bad switch and Rob was posting up Chaz in the post and Dwayne just looked at it and then called Rob out to set a screen for him. I'm not sure I've ever been more frustrated.

Dwayne has struggled lately no matter what the stat sheet has said. I have complete confidence that he'll turn it around though. I wouldn't be surprised to see 20+ points and 8 rebounds out of him against Temple. Its good to see that we can win when some of our most important players have tough games.

He has been a little off the last few games but I am 100% sure we will see the real DE sooner rather than later.

The Bills have won 9 in a row with DE slumping and KM still finding his way.

Just imagine how good they will be if RL continues to contribute and KM and DE get back to form.

When they all start.clicking this team will be.nasty.

I posted my thought in the GDT .... I just think (and this goes back to last year as well) that DE knows he's a little undersized against guys like Vinson, Esho, Putney, Roberts, Aiken, Braswell, Gaston and some others along some A10 front lines and tends to rush it. I think the difference in his game and Conklin's game are contrasted very well. Conklin was undersized too, but he got it with positioning and footwork by his senior year. I thought Dwayne might get there this year but obviously it's still not there. I have no doubt he will but I hope it happens sooner. Now that we are back in conference where his perception seems to be of that mindset, I doubt it improves too rapidly if at all. That should have come to bear in the OOC season. It did not.

To be fair, the OOC schedule is usually haphazard. On some nights, DE could be the biggest guy on the court if some of his teammates weren't there. In other words, SIUC/E, EIU and others don't present any continuity in opponents as the A10 will. In some ways, this contributed down the end of the eight game home run of OOC opponents ---- playing inconsistent styles against inconsistent talent with no real motivation/rivalry to power you.

Same with Cory. Last night was not EIU. But it also wasn't UNM and he did well there. I thought Cory was drifting away from the basket and contact on his jump hooks and all. Take a lesson from Lalanne ---- just power at it and let the chips fall where they may.

We are okay. Matchups will dictate DE and even Cody were relatively a non factor; Jett and Loe were huge factors. This is akin to the thought I had that with five bombers, getting maybe two on a night would be aces. It's not the same two every night. That's a nice option/problem to have and rare for us as a program.

Let's steal one at Temple.

Ever since the KC tourney he has gradually gone down hill. He has had trouble staying out foul trouble and has been sitting for long periods in games. He has lost all confidence in his perimeter shooting - I know he was not great at it last year but at least he would take the shots now and then and hit a couple each night. Now he won't take that shot if you put a gun to his head. The opposition knows this now and they just lay off him. He has tried to take the ball to the hoop more but he is rushing his shots underneath. He misses Rm the most in my opinion. Unlike some, I am a bit worried about him - he has to be more consistent defensively and rebounding. If he starts rebounding better he will pick the points up or if he starts taking an occasional shot from the outside, he will loosen up the defensive underneath on him.

-sorry if this addressed in the GDT as have not read all of that, but is anyone else concerned about DE? my eyes tell me his turnovers are up due to bad decisions, can't finish, confidence seems waning, perhaps he needs to take the RL adjustment!!

-I think DE's success and the Billiken's success for the rest of the season are linked

-let's go Mr Evans, you can be a great player, let go of what is holding you back

-or am I alone on this thought?

I am ecstatic so many games are broadcasted this year. I also expected his statistics to continue on an upward trend and I have been disapointed thus far. Is it a product of Evans facing more 5s without a true 5 on our team if Remekun is out? Obviously, UMass was a tough matchup for him with their length, I was actually surprised when I turned on the game last night having not seen Umass play before. All I have to say is that if you are 1 for 7 or 1 for 8 you've gotta make a layup / dunk to get going (in reference to the highlight putback dunk he attempted and missed). I think he will get it together.

I also felt that Mitchell wasn't running the offense as much as I would have liked to see. There was a 5 minute stretch at the end of the 1st where he took over and then didn't hear from him until late in the 2nd half again.

Optimistic about Temple tomorrow. Go Bills!

Everyone goes thru a slump. I read somewhere on here where he even twitted that he's not been playing well. He's a smart, determined, and committed young man, so he'll get thru this one way or another. What concerns me more is that our offense is not setting up CE at all. He's become a passer and a screen setter. We've got to find a way to get him more looks, ie more scoring opportunities. We're going to need his 3 pt shooting before all is said and done.

I think it's more of a case that defenses know WHO we are in terms of who the shooters are and what they like to do. I doubt there is anyone that doesn't know, for example, that our 6'11" center is a three pointer shooter NOT an interior banger. Same goes for Cody. Plus both are vertically-challenged so going inside is a surprise, more that a consistency.

Everyone goes thru a slump. I read somewhere on here where he even twitted that he's not been playing well. He's a smart, determined, and committed young man, so he'll get thru this one way or another. What concerns me more is that our offense is not setting up CE at all. He's become a passer and a screen setter. We've got to find a way to get him more looks, ie more scoring opportunities. We're going to need his 3 pt shooting before all is said and done.

I can assure you that Evans has been getting very good looks at the basket he simply won't take any kind of a perimeter shot - he will even pass the ball off to someone with only 2 -3 seconds left on the shot clock rather than take the shot. Getting him looks is not the problem - him taking the shot is - it is starting to look like a Cassidy thing.

On at least 2 occasions in the second half Cody was wide open for a three on the baseline after setting the screen. The guard, I believe it was McCall took the ball in the other direction. In other words, there are times Cody gets open and we don't get him the ball. We need to get him the ball when he gets a good look, doesn't happen that often.

While evens is not putting up points, he did hav 6 rebounds, three blocks and a steal. His fouls were well used except for the one inbounds play.

This team won the game against UMASS because of defense.

The offense will come, UMASS was able to take away the 3 from CE, And MM. UMass was wdisrupting the passing lanes, relying on shot blockers and no calls when we drove. Jett drove baseline in the first half but his passing lane was taken away by Williams, in second half he drove, had Mitchell in the corner, but opted for a nice layup instead.

Aside RM used to say "look at the NBA tonight you will not see a single point guard leave his feet to make a pass". I think every pass Williams made he was in the air. That dude is pesky and has hang time. I believe he was nominated for an Oscar Too!

I can assure you that Evans has been getting very good looks at the basket he simply won't take any kind of a perimeter shot - he will even pass the ball off to someone with only 2 -3 seconds left on the shot clock rather than take the shot. Getting him looks is not the problem - him taking the shot is - it is starting to look like a Cassidy thing.

He took 9 shots. He's a hard worker. Things will come back his way shortly. In the mean time he contributes in all other aspects of the game.

I wish de had a 3 point shot. He's only 6'5 and that would cause even more of a mismatch. His defenders always give him the open trey shot, and I have seen him hit it before. Just shoot it big boy

There hasn't been a reference on here to the absolute mammoth of a block Dwayne had in the second half. It was as if he was offended that Chaz would attempt that shot. It ended up in the band. That kind of block is a game changer. Chaz didn't try that little leaning scoop the rest of the game.... It was just Dwayne reminding all of us that he is a force.

I agree that he does contribute in many ways while on the floor - my point simply is that after last year you could argue that he could be type of player that could carry us in games and that is not happening. I really think he has lost his confidence in his perimeter shot and that is causing him not to get the good looks underneath that he was use to before. He has also missed several one handed slams on rebounds this year. The other point about his rebounding - he did have 6 boards the other night but he was a double double machine last year - 6 is not a good night for him.