Crawford signs

SLUDrew

As I have said multiple times I would be extremely proud if my son plays college basketball at any level, so I do not intend this to be a slight of this kid but did anyone else notice who he had offers from?

Stetson, Gardner-Webb, Lamar, New Orleans, Yale,and Southern Illinois-Edwardsville before picking SLU.

It seems we might already be regressing in the recruiting department

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the coaching situation this will be a lost year recruiting wise,

Assuming we get some clarity in the early spring on the coaching staff and particularly if we hire someone other than Crews I could see the class being rounded out with one more high school kid that is currently being recruited by the new head coach for his existing school and a transfer (juco or more likely a traditional that would have to sit out a year).

Assuming we get some clarity in the early spring on the coaching staff and particularly if we hire someone other than Crews I could see the class being rounded out with one more high school kid that is currently being recruited by the new head coach for his existing school and a transfer (juco or more likely a traditional that would have to sit out a year).

What is a traditional?

This kid has credentials-although 6-5 guys can be anything from JB to Larry Hughes

I like the fact that as a junior he was on Indiana allstar team and averaged 20 points per game and 6 rebounds.

If he also averaged 5 assists and comes in as strong as Luke Meyers that would be all right, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Does he play in a small school? How are Indiana schools ranked? Class 1, 2, 3, etc...

Does anyone know the classification of his school and is it considered big or small. If it's a small school there are 6'5" guys all over who do most of their damage inside but aren't quick enough to play the perimiter in D-1.

If we're recruiting a 6'5" guy and his upside is as a 4, I don't want him.

23. Mike Crawford: 6’5” Small Forward, Tipton H.S.

Committed: St. Louis University

Very athletic. Mike has a nice balance of interior and perimeter skills. He can finish inside because of his strength and jumping ability, but is also a very good outside shooter. Handles the ball well too. His versatility is his biggest asset, could really play the 1-4 spots. Can be a little out of control when he attacks the basket at times, but does a good job of getting to the foul line.

I found this which I like. Very Athletic and very good outside shooter.

My question is really this. Is Indiana so deep that a 6'5" very athletic and very good outside shooter is #23 in the state?

I loved watching Luke Meyer play as much as anybody, but if we are aspiring to recruit more of his ilk we should retreat to the Valley. The A-10 is not the league for a team of Luke Meyers

after our current starters and ellis and mitchell, meyer would be this teams 8th player minimum imo. in fact, i would be tempted to play meyer before loe and just go small. we'd play bigger.

Tipton is 2A but actually 2A is tougher than 3A because of the privates. A few 2A Indiana players you might know.

Yogi Ferrell-IU

Derek Elston-IU

Deshaun Thomas- Ohio St

Dejuan Marrero- Depaul

James Blackmon and Trevon Blueitt-2 of the top players in the nation for 2014

Mike being ranked 23rd is a joke. He made the All-Star team which is top 12. Mike has been playing a lot of PG so far but will project as a 2 or 3 at SLU. He can absolutely go off from outside but is great at getting to the rim as well. Mid range could be his best thing.

I thought some one said he played a lot of golf. Could be why he had less exposure during the summer. Golf takes time if you want to be good at it.

It depends on who you are...the world's greatest golfer only played once (see pp 4 of the link)

http://www.cybergolf.com/golf_news/alltime_golf_scoring_record_goes_with_death_of_kim_jong_il

Devils, any speculation why some more prominent basketball schools weren't recruiting him? Did he play AAU ball?

He actually never played AAU until the summer before his Junior season because of golf. He still only played in the summer the past few years because of golf meets. So he has kind of flown under the radar. When SLU offered schools like Butler, Clemson, South Carolina, Wake Forest and Nevada were in on him.