USC-Upstate Game Preview

MCMelton

Timmerman just reported that CR is unlikely to play with a knee sprain.

Well that is a bummer. This will put our depth to the test. We'll find out if it is as good as I think it is. I think Grandy can give us some decent minutes.We were lucky to get through last year with no injuries that I remember. We've already faced a lot more adversity this year, than all of last year.

Manning gets the start? Go JM! I get a sense this USC team is pretty athletic on the inside, we're gonna have to play good D.

I'd be surprised by this. I would guess it's Cody and Rob inside to start. While I'm disappointed that Cory won't play, I'm looking forward to seeing Manning get minutes.

Anybody know if they're putting up an NCAA banner tonight?

Chaifetz needs some more decorations need to hoist that banner. I'm pumped is this game only available via online broadcast? It looks that way but that is a bummer being the first game of the season and all.

Timmerman just reported that CR is unlikely to play with a knee sprain.

That really sucks. He rebounds and defends ... which this team will need on the interior. We'll get a glimpse then as to what John Manning is about under game pressure. Perhaps more Grandymama.

This game worries me, I wish we would have scheduled USC Over Yonder instead.

They're not even a directional school, if we don't win by 20 at home, I'm quitting on the season

With two starters out for sure and a new head coach in his first game, I will be delighted if we play well and win the game without regard to the score differential. This is no cupcake!.

Perhaps more Grandymama.

Based on the exhibition (which i didn't see), it doesn't seem like he is in the plan to get major minutes. Obviously, injuries can change that plan, but I'm a little worried if we have to rely on a guy that got mop up time in the exhibition game. Prove me wrong Grandymama!

I don't know much about Upstate, but if DE can contain the best player, then I think we'll be fine. MM and JJ will lock down the starting guards. CE, RL and JM will be serviceable or better inside.

I hate the term "sprain" for a knee. That could be anything, including ligament damage. Hoping CR is fine; we're going to need him this year.

Just spoke to a couple of the student workers in my office. Asked them about their thoughts on "student support" for the season, and in particular tonight's game. Said most are really excited, especially after last year's season, and it should show in the student section tonight. Hope this is the case, and I don't have to eat my words/post later tonight.

GO BILLS