Are the Billikens This Years Final 4 Sleeper?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I'm most worried about this upcoming season. We're 30-2 entering the NCAA, and Jimbo's in rehab. The MasterCatter needs our support this year. Seriously, "the black hole of vaginal teeth"? Who else can come up with this stuff?

Here's what I'm most worried about this upcoming season. We're 30-2 entering the NCAA, and Jimbo's in rehab. The MasterCatter needs our support this year. Seriously, "the black hole of vaginal teeth"? Who else can come up with this stuff?

Genius is sometimes hard for us citizens to understand early on...

That's a pretty strong schedule and a good RPI builder. I'm gonna take a shot at who the unnamed strong mid major is: Murray St? If so, your sched is loaded. Which is good for the A-10 as a whole. Ours is not as spectacular, but still a lot better than we've had in a while.

So the game got leaked and Belmont is coming to the Siegel Center this December 1st. They went 27-8 and lost to Georgetown in the first round of the NCAAs last year. VCU will return the trip to Nashville next season. With OOC home games against Wichita State, Alabama, Lehigh, Western Kentucky, and Belmont who all went to the NCAA tournament, we have a pretty nice OOC schedule along with the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament. We drew Memphis (I'm sure you guys are fond of them, right?) in the first round and will play the winner/loser of Duke/Minnesota depending on how we fare against Memphis.

So the game got leaked and Belmont is coming to the Siegel Center this December 1st. They went 27-8 and lost to Georgetown in the first round of the NCAAs last year. VCU will return the trip to Nashville next season. With OOC home games against Wichita State, Alabama, Lehigh, Western Kentucky, and Belmont who all went to the NCAA tournament, we have a pretty nice OOC schedule along with the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament. We drew Memphis (I'm sure you guys are fond of them, right?) in the first round and will play the winner/loser of Duke/Minnesota depending on how we fare against Memphis.

-good luck versus duke, a nice scalp to have any season as the talking heads love them some dookies (yes, i am looking past your game with memphis)

• 7 months later...

-if our season goes as many of us see it we are a top 16 seed and no one will want to play us as we will defend like few other teams, we will play smart and we will have the best coach in any game we play

Yes

VCU doesn't scare me. Their havoc style of play shouldn't give our guards too much problem. We'll force them into a half-court game and I expect that to be a W. With that said, I do expect them to contend for the league title. Their D will disrupt a bunch of teams.

I think a 4 or 5 seed is a reasonable expectation for this team. We could get a better seed than that, though, especially if we can stay in the top 25 all year.

The Final Four is impossible to predict. My expectations for this team are a sweet 16 berth. And after that anything can happen.

Yes

I'm with thicks. I want a conference title. We haven't won one in......forever. Then we can think about final fours.

For a team from the A10 there is a lot of luck involved in getting to the Final 4, so much so that so that you can't possibly predict it. Even with a dominant season I don't expect the A10 champion to have a seed higher than 4 or 5. That is a difficult road to the final four.

Conference Title.... check

Final Four..... ??????

My only nuance is that if we are a 4-5 seed I expect us to play to play in a tight round of 32 game that could go either way. If we were to fall in that game I wouldn't say that this team failed to meet my expectations.

We shouldn't forget that the highest seed a Billiken team has gotten since they expended to 64 teams is a 7. If this team gets a 6, 5 or 4 it would arguably be the best regular season in school history.

Yes

Basketball aside I think the biggest hurdle this team will have to overcome is having Brian Conklin around off the court. He was a phenomenal team leader and kept guys focused.

Hurdle overcome.

Let Backhand provide his thoughts on the season; We will not lose a game during the regular season and probably fall to Louisville in the NCAA Championship.

Close.....defeat Louisville in NCAA championship

This is great, some more:

Welcome to the board. Let Backhand provide his thoughts on the season; We will not lose a game during the regular season and probably fall to Louisville in the NCAA Championship.

As mentioned, really close, we will obviously beat Louisville in dramatic fashion.

Bills by 36 over VCU.

Really close again, though I think the lead was up to 36 at one point during the first half.

Sweet 16 does seem like a reasonable progression/expectation/goal for this team, which is ###### awesome.

Spot on, it IS, in fact, ###### awesome.

I'm not conflicted. At least, I don't think so!

Missouri has a lot of pieces to mesh together this season, and I still don't know how good of a coach Frank Haith is without the chemistry Mike Anderson's players had developed together. They're a mystery. They could be anything between a .500 team to a Final Four contender, but I don't think we'll know until they get into the grind of the SEC schedule; however, SLU is a well-oiled machine of continuity, and they are a defensive juggernaut.

Again, spot on! Mizzou is a .500 team, while SLU is a well-oiled machine, AND a defensive juggernaut.

Bravo to all.