Saint Louis Offers David Cohn

But Cohn is trying to keep a level head about all of this. "It's flattering. It's nice to know that schools pay attention. But it won't change anything about me. In the end, I'll find my place in college basketball. I don't necessarily want to play at the highest level. I want to play where I can get the best of both worlds, academics and basketball, where it feels right, a program I can make an impact in, where I can play as a freshman," he said.

With McCall and Jett as seniors and Carter and McBroom as sophomores, would he play as a freshman at SLU?

I don't understand the logic in your question ....... I think the days of freshmen playing at SLU might be a thing of the past regimes. Given sustainment, a bigger question is does he play as a sophomore? The days of frosh playingat SLU seem numbered .... unless you are Larry Hughes-like.

I don't understand the logic in your question ....... I think the days of freshmen playing at SLU might be a thing of the past regimes. Given sustainment, a bigger question is does he play as a sophomore? The days of frosh playingat SLU seem numbered .... unless you are Larry Hughes-like.

The logic is, Cohn wants to play as a freshman.

As Doowop has already confirmed, my "logic" is that I suspect Cohn won't be interested in committing to SLU because, if he's dead set on getting a lot of playing time during his freshman year (2013-14), because there will be two seniors and two sophomores ahead of him in the backcourt.

However, were he to redshirt his freshman year, then he could probably play a lot during his redshirt-freshman year, depending on the quality of guards SLU brings in after this season's recruiting class.

Sorry, missed that in the pulled quote.

What kid doesn't want to play all four years? Again, I still believe this will be a rarity at SLU moving forward under Majerus ---- the kids already in place, the ongoing discussion about how Majerus' system is hard to pick up, Rick's demands that kids play defense first (a lost art in today's high school scene), a guard-heavy upperclass and so on. I'll say "ain't gonn a happen" and if that's true and that's his criteria, see ya!

Prediction: Marc Cohn will lose his Memphis scholly due to his inability to conquer the "traveling" issue in Memphis issue. And hanging out in piano bars masquerading as a Christian while doing a little number.

At the end of the day all kids want to:

1) play immediately

2) play at a school that goes to the NCAA tourney and wins a lot

The reality is that most kids aren't good enough to play right away at schools that are going to the NCAA tourney so they can't have both. SLU recently changed from a team that can offer kids immediate playing time to one that can offer winning and NCAA appearances.

I'm pretty sure our coaches know how to handle this with recruits and will be able to point out the benefits of coming here, playing 5-10 minutes as a freshman, going to the dance and then becoming a key contributor sophomore year and becoming "the man" junior and senior years.

Sorry, missed that in the pulled quote.

What kid doesn't want to play all four years? Again, I still believe this will be a rarity at SLU moving forward under Majerus ---- the kids already in place, the ongoing discussion about how Majerus' system is hard to pick up, Rick's demands that kids play defense first (a lost art in today's high school scene), a guard-heavy upperclass and so on. I'll say "ain't gonn a happen" and if that's true and that's his criteria, see ya!

Prediction: Marc Cohn will lose his Memphis scholly due to his inability to conquer the "traveling" issue in Memphis issue. And hanging out in piano bars masquerading as a Christian while doing a little number.

This is a great zing.

Great work, Taj and Nick. Well done. Heading down to the Jungle Room.

Well, given this news, when juxtaposed with kshoe's comments, this kid is going to a roster with a lineup dominated by underclass guards that rarely goes to the NCAA and is't a household name in term sof a winning program.

Seems to meet ALL his criteria, eh?

Well, given this news, when juxtaposed with kshoe's comments, this kid is going to a roster with a lineup dominated by underclass guards that rarely goes to the NCAA and is't a household name in term sof a winning program.

Seems to meet ALL his criteria, eh?

i'm sure it's 100% beer and *******. i'm not saying there's broads walking around in volleyball shorts and bikini tops with beer helmets on, but it's not too far from that out here. it was especially gamtastic on the sidewalk this morning. though i may still be drunk from watching the cards kick the sh!t out of the rockies last night.

"tell me are you a christian child" and i said, "ma'am i am tonight"

one of my favorite lyrics of all time.