Valpo at SLU

bbtds

-

-could valpo be a 2 for 1 candidate to avoid the buy fee and its proximity to chi and indy for MM, KC and JD?

-interesting to see in that link from katz that barron was making $350k at rhodey

I think if there was a return game scheduled that would have been mentioned in the original post or by Katz. So I doubt it.

Assuming 14 non conference games to go with 16 conference games:

Santa Clara (Nov 14)

Another home game with the CBE Classic that same week

Texas A&M/Washington St (Nov 19)

Texas A&M/Washington St/Kansas (Nov 20)

@Washington (Nov 28)

@Stanford (Dec 2)

Loyola Marymount (Dec 22)

New Mexico (Dec 31)

SIU-C

SIU-E

Eastern Illinois

Valpo

2 more?

Are we playing a game @Chicago State? There was some mention of opening the season at home against UT-Martin. On a radio interview RM also mentioned a "non-conference blockbuster" which would be announced later. We'll see about that.

Actually the game maybe more for a certain group of Valpo alumni in St Louis. Valpo is a Lutheran university and a major Lutheran church body is headquartered in Kirkwood, the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. It sits at I-44 and Lindbergh/Kirkwood Rd next to Vianney HS. That is where my father was employed during his time in St.Louis. Actually now that I think about it my father always worked downtown near the Arch. I believe it was near Washington and Broadway. Wherever the LCMS headquarters was located downtown that is where he worked.

It doesn't hurt Valpo at all to play in a major US city.

Actually now that I think about it my father always worked downtown near the Arch. I believe it was near Washington and Broadway. Wherever the LCMS headquarters was located downtown that is where he worked.

500 N. Broadway, but that's quite a while ago (like 30 years quite a while). The move was in 1982.

I remember going downtown to see the last piece of the Arch put in at the age of 5. Yep, I've been around a while. Grew up in Valparaiso and have spent the last 10 years in Indy.

Bobby Capobianco was a player SLU was looking at. Not sure how interested he was in SLU, but then IU swooped in.

Lavonte Dority went to the same high school as Mike McCall (SLU guard for the Valpo fan). They played together growing up. I think Dority had been the more highly regarded recruit, but then McCall blew up his senior year after he had signed with SLU.

Bobby's girlfriend from IU lives in Valpo. I believe she graduated from IU already. Sometimes it's just hard to beat a good logistical situation.

What does she look like? Jimbo might.

i assume she is an indiana native. rarely is it worth a look if they were indiana corn fed.

• 1 month later...

The CBE is similar to the Chicago tourney we played in a few years ago. We'll play two home games as part of the "tourney". One of the opponents is Santa Clara and the other is TBD. It may be Valpo, if may not. Win or lose, we go on to KC with Kansas, Texas A&M and Wash St. I'm not sure what the other teams do but it really doesn't matter.

Santa Clara and USC Upstate