Conklin summers

Jordair Jett came into the new Lindell Five Guys for lunch yesterday with two friends, possibly Cory and Grandy. (My source only recognized Jett because he said hi to her, having been in a class with her first semester along with Mike McCall.)

Anyway, do we have any intelligence (oops, poor phrasing for this board :P )

To rephrase: Has anyone seen specific players on campus for the summer? Have they been shooting 100 FTs or 3s a day, or working on any specific training programs, etc.?

I for one think JJ is going to provide us with more than our share of jaw-dropping plays this year.

Jordair Jett came into the new Lindell Five Guys for lunch yesterday with two friends, possibly Cory and Grandy. (My source only recognized Jett because he said hi to her, having been in a class with her first semester along with Mike McCall.)

Anyway, do we have any intelligence (oops, poor phrasing for this board :P )

To rephrase: Has anyone seen specific players on campus for the summer? Have they been shooting 100 FTs or 3s a day, or working on any specific training programs, etc.?

I for one think JJ is going to provide us with more than our share of jaw-dropping plays this year.

Great, if JJ, GG, and CR are chowing down on those Five Guys french fries, best in the USA by the way, they're going to be lucky to make it up and down the court come October.

Great, if JJ, GG, and CR are chowing down on those Five Guys french fries, best in the USA by the way, they're going to be lucky to make it up and down the court come October.

Best in the USA? disagree

Best in the USA? disagree

Ok, that may have an overstatement. But they're as good as you're gonna find in most places. I'll give you another good fast food joint that's got great fries, try a Wingstop. Their wings, just ok. Their fries, excellent.

Ok, that may have an overstatement. But they're as good as you're gonna find in most places. I'll give you another good fast food joint that's got great fries, try a Wingstop. Their wings, just ok. Their fries, excellent.

Posted Image

Troy begs to differ.

Troy has had about a billion concussions.

He probably cant tell the difference between chicken wings and a garden salad.

hahaha nice one! You always knew trouble was a-Bruin for old Troy.

I was in town over the weekend for a wedding. Of course, I had to stop by humps on friday night. I saw KC and Grant Gehlen (I believe) in humps. Then saw Grandy outside of humps on his scooter. On an aside, I convinced a buddy of mine who does not know anything about SLU bball to sing the canadian national anthem. He drunkenly shouted it and Grandy chimed in and joined. It was amusing.

Glad to see Grandy was not in the bar and drinking but just chilling outside. Also happy to see that he wore a helmet. Could not really tell whether he looks bigger b/c 1) he was sitting and 2) I was not sober.

Have to give Bizziken credit for spotting Grandy even though he had his helmet on.

I was debating whether I should start my own website and charge people for the above information. But, since this is billiken info, I will post it on the Billiken website (what a bizarre concept) despite the fact that this is "insider info" of my personal account.

Cody and Rob are both in their native lands, trying to make it on to their national teams for the Olympics. Australia is already in, New Zealand has to play in a tournament to try and land one of the final 3 (I believe) spots. I've seen Dwayne, Gus, and Grandy a few times this summer, but not a whole lot. I'm pretty sure most of the team is taking a couple of weeks right now to be at home with friends and family. In years past, it seems like most of them are gone for the month of June, and then start coming back after the 4th of July to start on conditioning.

Cody and Rob are both in their native lands, trying to make it on to their national teams for the Olympics. Australia is already in, New Zealand has to play in a tournament to try and land one of the final 3 (I believe) spots. I've seen Dwayne, Gus, and Grandy a few times this summer, but not a whole lot. I'm pretty sure most of the team is taking a couple of weeks right now to be at home with friends and family. In years past, it seems like most of them are gone for the month of June, and then start coming back after the 4th of July to start on conditioning.

Cody didn't make it: http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22739

I was in town over the weekend for a wedding. Of course, I had to stop by humps on friday night. I saw KC and Grant Gehlen (I believe) in humps. Then saw Grandy outside of humps on his scooter. On an aside, I convinced a buddy of mine who does not know anything about SLU bball to sing the canadian national anthem. He drunkenly shouted it and Grandy chimed in and joined. It was amusing.

Glad to see Grandy was not in the bar and drinking but just chilling outside. Also happy to see that he wore a helmet. Could not really tell whether he looks bigger b/c 1) he was sitting and 2) I was not sober.

Have to give Bizziken credit for spotting Grandy even though he had his helmet on.

I was debating whether I should start my own website and charge people for the above information. But, since this is billiken info, I will post it on the Billiken website (what a bizarre concept) despite the fact that this is "insider info" of my personal account.

I wouldn't pay more than $2.95 per month or $24.95 for an annual subscription.

Note: I can afford more even without giving up a Big Mac per month, I just don't see the value at more than the above rates

• 2 weeks later...

I think Jordair will see his fair share of playing time especially if Rob only plays 15 minutes a game like last season. However, it sounds like Rob is having some development with the New Zealand team this summer, I just hope it translates over to SLU this season.

http://www.foxsportsmidwest.com/06/29/12/Billikens-Loe-elevating-game-overseas-/landing_stlbillikens.html?blockID=754326&feedID=10332