Our old friend, Randy Pulley still has issues?

a few good shots by the ku people about pulley's grades and credits being ok'd yet.

1. snyder apparently didnt know the rules.

2. clemons' tutor was out of town

3. odom isnt finished with the transcripts yet.

i still dont understand how the hell he could even be close to making up the 0 credits and infinite f's he had at slu to be on pace to graduate. isnt that what the juco transfer rule is all about? you have to have the transferable credit hours that fit into an existing major that puts you on pace to graduate in a specified time period. this barton county college must be some kind of an academic institution.

Since Pulley was a qualifier out of high school does he still have to have his 2yr degree? I don't know just asking. I know non-qualifiers have to have this but not sure about qualifiers who end up a JUCO. I am sure someone in athletic dept would know since Frericks was in the same situation, not gpa wise but qualifier who went to a JUCO.

i was confused with the casual way it is mentioned that maybe ferguson will be here next semester. i guess you can just come and go in college whenever you want and not have to keep up academically? how does that work?

per a post on the tigerboard, which reads like it is taken from the rulebook, i cant hardly see how the heck pulley can be eligible. of course the perfect scenario is there for quin to use his "i didnt know the rules" excuse again. geez.

i did a google search looking for the exact rule, couldnt find, but there are many stories of similar scenarios where the athlete then had to sit a year AND lost a year of eligibility in what appeared to be pulley's scenario. the key that we dont really know is how many transferable credits did he have from slu?

p.s. it appears the reason jason edwin can play at kent state is he falls under the #3 option because he didnt play basketball while at the juco. anyone else read it differently?

here is what was posted on the tigerboard:

"4-2-4 rule

If you originally enrolled at a four-year college, transferred to a two-year college and now wish to transfer to an NCAA Division I or II school, there is a separate set of requirements you must follow in order to compete immediately. You must meet all of the conditions of one of the following options before you transfer in order to compete immediately after transferring from the two-year college:

1. (a) You must have completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of transferable degree credit at the two-year college with a minimum grade-point average of 2.000;

(B) One calendar year must have elapsed since your transfer from the previous four-year college; and

© You must have graduated from the two-year college. [Note: If you attended more than one two-year college, at least 25 percent of the credit hours you need to receive your degree must be earned at the two-year college that awards the degree];

OR

2. You return to the NCAA school from which you transferred to the two-year college, provided you did not have an unfulfilled residence requirement at the time you left the NCAA school;

OR

3. (a) The four-year college you originally attended did not sponsor the sport in which you compete (and you did not attend any other college that did sponsor the sport);

(B) You were a qualifier based on your high school record;

© You completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of transferable credit with a minimum grade-point average of 2.000 in your transferable credit hours;

(d) You completed 12 semester or quarter hours of transferable credit for each term you were a full-time student at the two-year college; and

(e) You spent at least two semesters or three quarters as a full-time student at the two-year college"

since I'm sure Spencer Laurie's redshirt year will be burned if Randy Pulley is determined to be ineligible. I really think it's nonsense that Laurie needs another year to bulk up. Has anyone seen TJ Ford? Not exactly a physical speciman. Now if Laurie isn't quick, then I don't see how he'll gain that much more speed in the weight room.

I, for one, am hoping that Pulley is ineligible, though the site of Kroenke playing backup point guard is a little scary. Quin, please play Spencer...

There's a tiger fan making fun of me? I love it! Spumac can't get our sloppy seconds eligible, the grand theft-guard stolen from VMI will be grabbin' the pine, they have a forward who decided Saskatoon has more to offer than Columbia, and the richest guard in the country decides to redshirt. I guess you have to be a Billikan fan to see the humor. Good Karma?

with Randy Pulley. Plus, I think it's ridiculous that Quin is wasting a redshirt on Spencer. Since when does a point guard have to be huge, especially when you have a big guards in Gardner and McKinney.

I'm not sure how Randy Pulley could be worse for the Tigers' team chemistry than Ricky Clemons was. Clemons had to get his points, but Pulley is the first pass-first point guard Missouri has had since Brian Grawer. What is it you've heard about Pulley that makes you think he'll be a cancer?

I have to agree, regardless of Pulley's status, that Snyder shouldn't redshirt Spencer Laurie. If Missouri is going to finally get over that hump (reach the Final Four) and perhaps get the Big XII over its hump (have a member win the National Championship), then Missouri will need all hands on deck.

thicks, randy didnt have the best off court rep here at slu. maybe aj thinks he hasnt turned over a complete new leaf. i tend to agree with aj on pulley. i still want someone to explain how there is anyway that pulley qualifies considering his academic track record at slu.

you asked why aj might think there might be team chemistry problems with randy pulley and his teamates. if randy isnt watching the disney channel and doing his math homework each nite like the rest of the tigers preferring to "enjoy life" as though he is at woodstock each nite, that might be a source of causing some personality issues.

I read it differently.

The third alternative requires that a player satisfy all five criteria (note the "and"). Jason could not have satisifed the first criterion because SLU sponsors basketball. I didn't see any criteria that considers whether the athlete competed in the sport at the juco.

As I read this regulation, the ONLY way Pulley or Edwin could obtain eligibility would be under the first alternative.