Possible new east Coast basketball league?

Lenn Robbins, Columnist for the New York Post, the one who said VCU and George Mason were going to the A-10, has an update.Says there could be a new league with several CAA programs, schools moving up in football, says schools like Delaware, New hampshire, RICHMOND could be possible candidates< would UMass be a possibility? Noticed Old Dominion didn`t join C-USA like they were expected to,only added 5 instead of 6.

Still no word on VCU and George Mason

Did Georgia State switch to the Sun Belt?

Is the hunted, now the hunter?

Lenn Robbins, Columnist for the New York Post, the one who said VCU and George Mason were going to the A-10, has an update.Says there could be a new league with several CAA programs, schools moving up in football, says schools like Delaware, New hampshire, RICHMOND could be possible candidates< would UMass be a possibility? Noticed Old Dominion didn`t join C-USA like they were expected to,only added 5 instead of 6.

Still no word on VCU and George Mason

Did Georgia State switch to the Sun Belt?

Is the hunted, now the hunter?

I do believe that GA St did join the Sun Belt.

As someone living in the east, believ me when I say Robbin's article has little merit. There is no way that schools such as UNH and Richmond are looking to go FBS/1A in football. Neither school has the facilities nor will for such a move. UNH also doesn't have the financial resources to ever consider such a move. Robbins musings are a pipedream. There are only a few eastern teams that could realitically consider a move up - Old Dominion, James Madison, and Delaware. They are not enough to start their own league.