Men's Basketball Banquet - Sunday

- RM wasn't there but had a taped message. He got emotional talking about Conklin and Cassity and mixed them up at one point I think.

- Whitesell and Crews are both good speakers and seemed friendly. Crews was kind of funny when presenting the Harry Award to Cassity. (named after Harriman. Given to the player who is an outstanding teammate)

- Both assistants stated that Harriman will be missed, but that he's taking a great opportunity. Majerus said that Harriman's son had cancer. That could have possibly played into his decision? just guessing there.

- Conklin and Cassity introduced each player and said a bit about them.

- Players got presented with NCAA Tournament watches

- Conklin and Cassity each spoke throughout. Ramsey also interview Dwayne, Cody, Rob, and Kwamain about individual games this season.

- Food was good

- Thanked the fans throughout for all their support. Asked for that top support all year next year.

- Conklin and Cassity both did seem to be high on Manning. They said that he will contribute next year and that he's been working hard in the offseason.

- Kwamain and Conklin honored for 1000 point scorers

- Conklin honored for Academic All American

- Cassity stated that he thought the team would be better next year

- No word on a new assistant or anything like that

- Would have been cool if they had a little Q&A at the end but no big deal

- Very well run. I had a good time. I think they did a good job of making the fans feel appreciated. Seems like they want to do this every year.

- RM wasn't there but had a taped message. He got emotional talking about Conklin and Cassity and mixed them up at one point I think. - Whitesell and Crews are both good speakers and seemed friendly. Crews was kind of funny when presenting the Harry Award to Cassity. (named after Harriman. Given to the player who is an outstanding teammate) - Both assistants stated that Harriman will be missed, but that he's taking a great opportunity. Majerus said that Harriman's son had cancer. That could have possibly played into his decision? just guessing there. - Conklin and Cassity introduced each player and said a bit about them. - Players got presented with NCAA Tournament watches - Conklin and Cassity each spoke throughout. Ramsey also interview Dwayne, Cody, Rob, and Kwamain about individual games this season. - Food was good - Thanked the fans throughout for all their support. Asked for that top support all year next year. - Conklin and Cassity both did seem to be high on Manning. They said that he will contribute next year and that he's been working hard in the offseason. - Kwamain and Conklin honored for 1000 point scorers - Conklin honored for Academic All American - Cassity stated that he thought the team would be better next year - No word on a new assistant or anything like that - Would have been cool if they had a little Q&A at the end but no big deal - Very well run. I had a good time. I think they did a good job of making the fans feel appreciated. Seems like they want to do this every year.

Very good rundown, 13.

I was there as well. Just wanted to give a little insight on a personal level. There was three of us (me, my wife and my friend who we have season tix with). We got there pretty early so we picked a small table near the reserved tables to sit at. As there was just three of us, there was one empty seat. When the team came in, they all sat at the reserved seats, save one. That one was Grandy Glaze. He asked if he could sit with us. We were more than happy to have this engaging youngster sit with us, so we offered him the seat.

I just want to point out how both intelligent and engaging this young man truly is. He sat with us for about 45 minutes and all four of us were able to carry on an enlightening and entertaining conversation. This kid really knows how to work a table! We talked about his place on the team, his goals, how the trip to Columbus was, the new player on the team (McBroom), how he will miss Harriman, the NBA playoffs, and tons more! I have spoken to many student-athletes over my time, and I don't think I've ever met one who was as funny, witty and charming as Mr. Glaze. I came away really impressed!

Perhaps even more impressive is that he spent time with us, had dinner and then left midway thru the banquet as he had to meet with a tudor. It makes sense that he was on the honor roll this past year! He is truly a dedicated kid that it really taking advantage of his time at SLU. And on another note, having met him up close and personal and spent time with him, he is in excellent shape. He is every bit of 6'6" and he is as muscular as it comes. He has huge hands and broad shoulders. Physically, he is a true specimen. I look forward to seeing what he will contribute next season!

Overall, I really enjoyed the banquet. Here are some additional observations:

-Definitely appears that Harriman was well-liked and respected. May, Crews, Whitesell and Majerus had nothing but good things to say about him throughout the evening. Apparently there will be an award named for him in perpetuity called the Harry Award given to the year's best teammate. Cassity was this year's recipient.

-The Majerus taped segment was classic Majerus. Full of malapropisms, mistaken identities (confused Cassity and Conklin at one point) and he even got emotional a couple of times. Overall, entertaining and touching.

-Lorenzini's is a really nice place for a banquet. Hope all future banquets are held there.

-There was a shoutout to Declan O'Neill, as this was the last event he would help out on. I believe May pointed out that Declan wanted to make sure the banquet went off without a hitch.

-All the student athletes seemed to enjoy themselves.

-Crews got a nice dig on Whitesell in relation to Harriman. When introducing the Harry Award, he pointed out that Harriman would have let him know that the appropriate dress for the banquet was khakis and a polo. Harriman would have then showed up in cutoff shorts to make sure that Crews looked better at his expense. Meanwhile, Whitesell is the one who told Crews to come in khakis and a polo and subsequently showed up in a jacket and tie. Was actually pretty funny and Whitesell laughed along with it.

-Jett looks like he might actually be MORE muscular than last time we saw him! I think he has been hitting the weights hard.

-Apparently Cassity has a job with the Cardinals now. Good for him!

Once again, had a great time at the banquet. Was glad to be there to support the team!

Very good rundown, 13. I was there as well. Just wanted to give a little insight on a personal level. There was three of us (me, my wife and my friend who we have season tix with). We got there pretty early so we picked a small table near the reserved tables to sit at. As there was just three of us, there was one empty seat. When the team came in, they all sat at the reserved seats, save one. That one was Grandy Glaze. He asked if he could sit with us. We were more than happy to have this engaging youngster sit with us, so we offered him the seat. I just want to point out how both intelligent and engaging this young man truly is. He sat with us for about 45 minutes and all four of us were able to carry on an enlightening and entertaining conversation. This kid really knows how to work a table! We talked about his place on the team, his goals, how the trip to Columbus was, the new player on the team (McBroom), how he will miss Harriman, the NBA playoffs, and tons more! I have spoken to many student-athletes over my time, and I don't think I've ever met one who was as funny, witty and charming as Mr. Glaze. I came away really impressed! Perhaps even more impressive is that he spent time with us, had dinner and then left midway thru the banquet as he had to meet with a tudor. It makes sense that he was on the honor roll this past year! He is truly a dedicated kid that it really taking advantage of his time at SLU. And on another note, having met him up close and personal and spent time with him, he is in excellent shape. He is every bit of 6'6" and he is as muscular as it comes. He has huge hands and broad shoulders. Physically, he is a true specimen. I look forward to seeing what he will contribute next season! Overall, I really enjoyed the banquet. Here are some additional observations: -Definitely appears that Harriman was well-liked and respected. May, Crews, Whitesell and Majerus had nothing but good things to say about him throughout the evening. Apparently there will be an award named for him in perpetuity called the Harry Award given to the year's best teammate. Cassity was this year's recipient. -The Majerus taped segment was classic Majerus. Full of malapropisms, mistaken identities (confused Cassity and Conklin at one point) and he even got emotional a couple of times. Overall, entertaining and touching. -Lorenzini's is a really nice place for a banquet. Hope all future banquets are held there. -There was a shoutout to Declan O'Neill, as this was the last event he would help out on. I believe May pointed out that Declan wanted to make sure the banquet went off without a hitch. -All the student athletes seemed to enjoy themselves. -Crews got a nice dig on Whitesell in relation to Harriman. When introducing the Harry Award, he pointed out that Harriman would have let him know that the appropriate dress for the banquet was khakis and a polo. Harriman would have then showed up in cutoff shorts to make sure that Crews looked better at his expense. Meanwhile, Whitesell is the one who told Crews to come in khakis and a polo and subsequently showed up in a jacket and tie. Was actually pretty funny and Whitesell laughed along with it. -Jett looks like he might actually be MORE muscular than last time we saw him! I think he has been hitting the weights hard. -Apparently Cassity has a job with the Cardinals now. Good for him! Once again, had a great time at the banquet. Was glad to be there to support the team!

Great story Bizzle. Quick question, do you have a beard or is that your friend? I saw Grandy for a while at your table and just want to put a face with the name.

It was an enjoyable night and well worth the $30 and time. Only ***** is how SLU only has one bartender working is beyond me. The drink line was way too long.

Majerus said on the video that he wasn't able to be there because of a grave personal issue. Hope everything is OK with whoever is sick.

Great story Bizzle. Quick question, do you have a beard or is that your friend? I saw Grandy for a while at your table and just want to put a face with the name.

It was an enjoyable night and well worth the $30 and time. Only ***** is how SLU only has one bartender working is beyond me. The drink line was way too long.

Majerus said on the video that he wasn't able to be there because of a grave personal issue. Hope everything is OK with whoever is sick.

I have a full beard and my friend has dark hair and a goatee. My wife was sitting opposite from me. I was sitting next to Grandy. Yes, the bar line was way too long! Should have definitely had more than one bartender working, especially with a bar on both ends of the room.

Very good rundown, 13. I was there as well. Just wanted to give a little insight on a personal level. There was three of us (me, my wife and my friend who we have season tix with). We got there pretty early so we picked a small table near the reserved tables to sit at. As there was just three of us, there was one empty seat. When the team came in, they all sat at the reserved seats, save one. That one was Grandy Glaze. He asked if he could sit with us. We were more than happy to have this engaging youngster sit with us, so we offered him the seat. I just want to point out how both intelligent and engaging this young man truly is. He sat with us for about 45 minutes and all four of us were able to carry on an enlightening and entertaining conversation. This kid really knows how to work a table! We talked about his place on the team, his goals, how the trip to Columbus was, the new player on the team (McBroom), how he will miss Harriman, the NBA playoffs, and tons more! I have spoken to many student-athletes over my time, and I don't think I've ever met one who was as funny, witty and charming as Mr. Glaze. I came away really impressed! Perhaps even more impressive is that he spent time with us, had dinner and then left midway thru the banquet as he had to meet with a tudor. It makes sense that he was on the honor roll this past year! He is truly a dedicated kid that it really taking advantage of his time at SLU. And on another note, having met him up close and personal and spent time with him, he is in excellent shape. He is every bit of 6'6" and he is as muscular as it comes. He has huge hands and broad shoulders. Physically, he is a true specimen. I look forward to seeing what he will contribute next season!

bad. ass.

Very good rundown, 13. I was there as well. Just wanted to give a little insight on a personal level. There was three of us (me, my wife and my friend who we have season tix with). We got there pretty early so we picked a small table near the reserved tables to sit at. As there was just three of us, there was one empty seat. When the team came in, they all sat at the reserved seats, save one. That one was Grandy Glaze. He asked if he could sit with us. We were more than happy to have this engaging youngster sit with us, so we offered him the seat. I just want to point out how both intelligent and engaging this young man truly is. He sat with us for about 45 minutes and all four of us were able to carry on an enlightening and entertaining conversation. This kid really knows how to work a table! We talked about his place on the team, his goals, how the trip to Columbus was, the new player on the team (McBroom), how he will miss Harriman, the NBA playoffs, and tons more! I have spoken to many student-athletes over my time, and I don't think I've ever met one who was as funny, witty and charming as Mr. Glaze. I came away really impressed! Perhaps even more impressive is that he spent time with us, had dinner and then left midway thru the banquet as he had to meet with a tudor. It makes sense that he was on the honor roll this past year! He is truly a dedicated kid that it really taking advantage of his time at SLU. And on another note, having met him up close and personal and spent time with him, he is in excellent shape. He is every bit of 6'6" and he is as muscular as it comes. He has huge hands and broad shoulders. Physically, he is a true specimen. I look forward to seeing what he will contribute next season! Overall, I really enjoyed the banquet. Here are some additional observations: -Definitely appears that Harriman was well-liked and respected. May, Crews, Whitesell and Majerus had nothing but good things to say about him throughout the evening. Apparently there will be an award named for him in perpetuity called the Harry Award given to the year's best teammate. Cassity was this year's recipient. -The Majerus taped segment was classic Majerus. Full of malapropisms, mistaken identities (confused Cassity and Conklin at one point) and he even got emotional a couple of times. Overall, entertaining and touching. -Lorenzini's is a really nice place for a banquet. Hope all future banquets are held there. -There was a shoutout to Declan O'Neill, as this was the last event he would help out on. I believe May pointed out that Declan wanted to make sure the banquet went off without a hitch. -All the student athletes seemed to enjoy themselves. -Crews got a nice dig on Whitesell in relation to Harriman. When introducing the Harry Award, he pointed out that Harriman would have let him know that the appropriate dress for the banquet was khakis and a polo. Harriman would have then showed up in cutoff shorts to make sure that Crews looked better at his expense. Meanwhile, Whitesell is the one who told Crews to come in khakis and a polo and subsequently showed up in a jacket and tie. Was actually pretty funny and Whitesell laughed along with it. -Jett looks like he might actually be MORE muscular than last time we saw him! I think he has been hitting the weights hard. -Apparently Cassity has a job with the Cardinals now. Good for him! Once again, had a great time at the banquet. Was glad to be there to support the team!

Thanks for the rundown...both you and slufan13 made my day...FINALLY something substantive about SLU basketball...

RM's got a grave personal issue? Hope it's not that grave. I seem to recall he has a sister, but beyond that didn't know he had an extended family. Sure hope it's not an issue w/ his help.

Thanks for the above reports. I get the feeling the kids on this team are pretty close knit and very focused on getting better and achieving even greater heights next year. Am I looking at this thru Billiken blue colored glasses, or do they really have that kind of bond? A happy locker room goes a long way towards making a good team.

Thanks for the reports, Bizzle and 13. I really enjoy hearing the good stories about Glaze, especially having heard where he came from.

I love baseball season, but reports like this make it that much harder to wait for Billiken basketball again. GO BILLS!

Very good rundown, 13.

I was there as well. Just wanted to give a little insight on a personal level. There was three of us (me, my wife and my friend who we have season tix with). We got there pretty early so we picked a small table near the reserved tables to sit at. As there was just three of us, there was one empty seat. When the team came in, they all sat at the reserved seats, save one. That one was Grandy Glaze. He asked if he could sit with us. We were more than happy to have this engaging youngster sit with us, so we offered him the seat.

I just want to point out how both intelligent and engaging this young man truly is. He sat with us for about 45 minutes and all four of us were able to carry on an enlightening and entertaining conversation. This kid really knows how to work a table! We talked about his place on the team, his goals, how the trip to Columbus was, the new player on the team (McBroom), how he will miss Harriman, the NBA playoffs, and tons more! I have spoken to many student-athletes over my time, and I don't think I've ever met one who was as funny, witty and charming as Mr. Glaze. I came away really impressed!

Perhaps even more impressive is that he spent time with us, had dinner and then left midway thru the banquet as he had to meet with a tudor. It makes sense that he was on the honor roll this past year! He is truly a dedicated kid that it really taking advantage of his time at SLU. And on another note, having met him up close and personal and spent time with him, he is in excellent shape. He is every bit of 6'6" and he is as muscular as it comes. He has huge hands and broad shoulders. Physically, he is a true specimen. I look forward to seeing what he will contribute next season!

Overall, I really enjoyed the banquet. Here are some additional observations:

-Definitely appears that Harriman was well-liked and respected. May, Crews, Whitesell and Majerus had nothing but good things to say about him throughout the evening. Apparently there will be an award named for him in perpetuity called the Harry Award given to the year's best teammate. Cassity was this year's recipient.

-The Majerus taped segment was classic Majerus. Full of malapropisms, mistaken identities (confused Cassity and Conklin at one point) and he even got emotional a couple of times. Overall, entertaining and touching.

-Lorenzini's is a really nice place for a banquet. Hope all future banquets are held there.

-There was a shoutout to Declan O'Neill, as this was the last event he would help out on. I believe May pointed out that Declan wanted to make sure the banquet went off without a hitch.

-All the student athletes seemed to enjoy themselves.

-Crews got a nice dig on Whitesell in relation to Harriman. When introducing the Harry Award, he pointed out that Harriman would have let him know that the appropriate dress for the banquet was khakis and a polo. Harriman would have then showed up in cutoff shorts to make sure that Crews looked better at his expense. Meanwhile, Whitesell is the one who told Crews to come in khakis and a polo and subsequently showed up in a jacket and tie. Was actually pretty funny and Whitesell laughed along with it.

-Jett looks like he might actually be MORE muscular than last time we saw him! I think he has been hitting the weights hard.

-Apparently Cassity has a job with the Cardinals now. Good for him!

Once again, had a great time at the banquet. Was glad to be there to support the team!

Is Glaze royalty?

Took me a while to figure out what you were referring to. Yep, I spelled it 'tudor' instead of 'tutor'. :) Nice one, skip!

sorry, couldn't help myself. Thanks for the report. Your report is exactly why as a non alum I am a Billiken fan. I've never had a chance to speak with a Billiken athlete in any sport where I didn't come away impressed.

Eastsidejoe is jealous of all the time you got to spend with Grandy, jbiz.

True Box. Grandy and I are buds. He remembers the shout out at the restaurant in Columbus on the Saturday night before the MSU game. Grandy is a character and is going to be a real contributor in my opinion.

True Box. Grandy and I are buds. He remembers the shout out at the restaurant in Columbus on the Saturday night before the MSU game. Grandy is a character and is going to be a real contributor in my opinion.

Not only that, but after he graduates, his endorsement-contract possibilities at the Lake of the Ozarks are virtually limitless.

RM's got a grave personal issue? Hope it's not that grave. I seem to recall he has a sister, but beyond that didn't know he had an extended family. Sure hope it's not an issue w/ his help.

My concern is that appeared distraught and sick in the videos.

I wish him the best and a quick resolution to whatever is going on in his personal life

Thanks for the above reports. I get the feeling the kids on this team are pretty close knit and very focused on getting better and achieving even greater heights next year. Am I looking at this thru Billiken blue colored glasses, or do they really have that kind of bond? A happy locker room goes a long way towards making a good team.